Author Topic: So what is this??  (Read 10894 times)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
Re: So what is this??
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2012, 01:40:27 AM »

If you have the opportunity, read Isaac Deutscher's biography of Stalin.  Deutscher was an admitted Trotskyite (one of the world's best 3-volume bios) and so an obvious enemy of Stalin.  His bias is thus no worse than neutral.  From Stalin's perspective, Germany was a centuries-old aggressor, obviously coming on again with Hitler and his "Mein Kampf" proclamations about Lebensraum.  Stalin used the purges to get rid of anyone with possible anti-Stalin sympathies; he attacked Finland to improve his Baltic position, as with his occupation of the Baltic countries and the eastern portion of Poland.  He was improving his defensive position as much as possible while he attempted to re-arm a country devastated by revolution, civil war and social "readjustment."  

There is absolutely no evidence (unless you are a Rudel fan) that Russia was preparing to invade the west in 1941 - or even in the foreseeable future.  Stalin had too many problems already.

- oldman

ahhh but stalins released speeches and other papers dispute your statements above. they show plenty of proof of a likely aggressive move by Russia later in that summer. additionally if you look at the way stalins forces had been deployed prior to germanies invasion, you will see that they made no tactically defensive sense, but if you were planning to attack outward with them (first strike) then their deployment made perfect sense by the combat doctrines of the day.

but this is also why i say dont pick a side, instead sit upon the fence and see where the dogs truly fertilize the yards  :D

oh and i screwed up my own previous quote it should have been:

let few men tell you what to think about......let NO MAN tell you how to think about it!!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:48:45 AM by FLOTSOM »
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2012, 03:05:44 AM »
:lol Best Troll Evar! ^  :lol
(I'm so easy)

Screenwriter admitted that U-571 distorted history.
"It was a distortion, a mercenary decision to create this parallel history in order to drive the movie for an American audience."

I'm guessing you may be of the 'Movies are real' fraternity

The first capture of a Naval Enigma machine from a U-boat was made on the 9th of May 1941, by HMS Bulldog of the Royal Navy. The U-boat was U-110.
In 1942, U-559 was seized, capturing additional Enigma codebooks. Captured codebooks provided vital knowlage to the British cryptographers of the code-breaking centre at Bletchley Park.
The real U-571, was sunk on the 28th of January 1944, west of Ireland by the Aussies.

:old:  :neener:

Whatever you do don't mention how the somali warlords defeated the USA in Mogadishu... it really seems to get the yanks going ;)

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2012, 03:20:50 AM »
Whatever you do don't mention how the somali warlords defeated the USA in Mogadishu... it really seems to get the yanks going ;)

Was it the Warlords or the CinC?
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2012, 04:25:24 AM »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2012, 09:56:39 AM »

Its hard to call it "defeated" when we didnt want it in the first place, kilt about 1,000 for every one we lost, and then just said "frack it" and left them to complete their own genocide. It was a good lesson even for the liberals about the United nations however, if they ever get smart enough to learn about it. Good ole
United Nations Security Council Resolution 837.

Then again how many libs allow their kids to join the military? Billy Klinton, another great military mind.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »
you can take control of the CV and then Jump to another country and retain control???

This has been discussed.  All the CV related exploits for country jumpers.  One suggestion was to not allow someone who has newly jumped country to take control of a CV for 24 hours.  

In one case in point, one was jumping country and leading CVs on sure course to destruction, i.e. coordinated CV stealing and bomber hits (no turning etc.) via originating squadies in bombers and the like.  A few times in succession.

+1 to remedying CV exploits!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:20:59 PM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »

And this statement is another good example of how ignorance and stupidity will forever be part of humanity.

Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »
as for the KN guys that kind of "it doesn't matter attitude" is what got Germany into deep dudu.   Would you cross the road if you saw an old granny getting mugged?  

This is a case of un-sporting conduct by a villainous chief and should be dealt with forthwith!!

Perd is in a tough spot on this one since one of his squaddies, DerJude to be specific  does the same thing on a regular basis. He will switch sides.. in search of cheap perk rides, but while doing that has a regular habbit of taking control of bish cv's and heading them straight for distruction. So far as I know he doesn't broadcast the cv's location, but then again he doesn't have to as he sends it on a course guarenteed to get it spotted and sunk.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »
And this statement is another good example of how ignorance and stupidity will forever be part of humanity.

Excuse me? I'm quite well informed on the subject - I know lots of somali taxi drivers you know.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2012, 01:33:27 PM »
Perd is in a tough spot on this one since one of his squaddies, DerJude to be specific  does the same thing on a regular basis. He will switch sides.. in search of cheap perk rides, but while doing that has a regular habbit of taking control of bish cv's and heading them straight for distruction. So far as I know he doesn't broadcast the cv's location, but then again he doesn't have to as he sends it on a course guarenteed to get it spotted and sunk.

God forbid they get used for combat.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »
God forbid they get used for combat.

Heck yes use them for combat.. but neither you nor I are stupid enough not to realize when a CV is being mis-handled either through ignorance or complicity.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2012, 02:34:41 PM »
Excuse me? I'm quite well informed on the subject - I know lots of somali taxi drivers you know.

uhhhh, OK.
Floyd

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »
Floyd

Offline Der Jude

• Copper Member
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2012, 06:38:23 AM »

Dear Aces High participants,

According to Hitechs rules of the game, he with the highest rank controls the CV. Speculate all you want about what I'm thinking because it doesnt matter as long as this rule is in place. It's just cartoons anyway, but people get soooo mad about it. I'm all about "der kampf", the fight. I could care less about bases, patriotism, your six, Rule #6, and CV's. MA is just practice for events to me. So I'll continue to do what I want with them if rank allows it, and theres not a thing you all can do about it.

Sincerely, Hauptmann Jude :banana:
Game ID: Judisch
Kommando Nowotny - Nowotny Schwarm "White 19"
Til Schweiger Fan Club
ZLA- "Dont Focke Wulf Us!"
Malta Scenario - Comrade Jew