Author Topic: So what is this??  (Read 10929 times)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
Re: So what is this??
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2012, 11:43:18 PM »
Ahh, but the ONE historical hypothetical you forgot that I DIDN'T was the peace negotiation with GB and the US.  Had he done that it would have extended the time frame on the US's buildup.  Additionally, the Russian bear wasn't on the warpath at all.  History tells us the idiot known as Stalin was caught so completely off-guard by Operation Barbarosa that German spies were actually sleeping with Stalin's wife and he didn't know it until it was too late.  Further historical evidence regarding the lack of preparedness of the Russian war machine was the sheer ineptitude of their turdy little a/c at the outset of the war with Germany.  Many of the significant German aces of WWII gained their fame flying against turd haulers flown by Russian pile its with zero ACM experience and that hadn't even bothered to grow hair in their armpits yet.  To add insult to injury, the Russians had to lend-lease aircraft from the US...the P-40's and P-39's...planes rated as disposable by the US and no match for the German "wolfpacks". Apparently, the Russian engineers weren't as good as Wmaker and couldn't design a Super Brewster from the scrap heap we lend-leased them.

So, my hypothetical trumps your hypothetical due to the realities of the war.

I too am half German/half Italian....not one other drop of anything else.  My great grandparents immigrated from Cassel and Naples respectively.  German was spoken in my mothers home growing up and Italian in my fathers.  Screw um.  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

hahaha some good points....but i will counter your points tomorrow sometime. too late tonight and im beat! so until then....
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2012, 01:07:02 AM »
I can't take your post seriously. Exageration bordering on storytelling.. You'll be telling me the Americans cracked the enigma code next.

Ah.  Another Englishman who never saw "U-571."

We pity you for your ignorance.

- oldman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2012, 09:33:15 AM »
That's because they bore each other to death with stuffiness.

I'm sorry, I know it empowers the sterotypes to continue unabated, but that cracked me up!

Changeup, ya trogladite.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2012, 10:08:04 AM »

Ah.  Another Englishman who never saw "U-571."

We pity you for your ignorance.

- oldman
:lol Best Troll Evar! ^  :lol
(I'm so easy)

Screenwriter admitted that U-571 distorted history.
"It was a distortion, a mercenary decision to create this parallel history in order to drive the movie for an American audience."

I'm guessing you may be of the 'Movies are real' fraternity

The first capture of a Naval Enigma machine from a U-boat was made on the 9th of May 1941, by HMS Bulldog of the Royal Navy. The U-boat was U-110.
In 1942, U-559 was seized, capturing additional Enigma codebooks. Captured codebooks provided vital knowlage to the British cryptographers of the code-breaking centre at Bletchley Park.
The real U-571, was sunk on the 28th of January 1944, west of Ireland by the Aussies.

:old:  :neener:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2012, 10:09:37 AM »
I can't wait to see the real movie filmed with real active duty navy seals on real missions in theatres soon!

:aok
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2012, 11:15:46 AM »
Not sure if it was a "ghost" but I could have sworn I saw vd piloting that boat in the trailor

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:19:31 AM by DMGOD »
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2012, 12:10:44 PM »
I'm guessing you may be of the 'Movies are real' fraternity

Well, you know, if it's in the movies or on TV, it has to be true.

That's how I found out that the Americans won the Battle of Pearl Harbor.

- oldman (it was a pretty close thing, though)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2012, 12:14:22 PM »

That's how I found out that the Americans won the Battle of Pearl Harbor.

I have a scan of a newspaper somewhere at work we did from December 8th, 1941 with the headline:

US WINS BATTLE OF PEARL HARBOR

It talks how we are in control of the air and waterways around Hawaii, the Japanese were pushed back, and the 'American Stukka' the SBD will wreak havoc on the Japanese fleets. Having 70 years hindsight it's a funny article.  The day after Pearl Harbor it was probably very comforting to read.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2012, 02:04:43 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGIPCGyihxw
I was puzzled by the Australian comment. Very familiar with Bluto though.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2012, 02:33:50 PM »
Of course not, your government has decided that you are unfit to posess a firearm.

Most policemen don't carry a firearm in Britain either. The government decided they were unfit also.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2012, 03:05:19 PM »
I'm sorry, I know it empowers the sterotypes to continue unabated, but that cracked me up!

Changeup, ya trogladite.
Hehe
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2012, 03:22:39 PM »
vDallas is the Chad Knaus of Aces High. Only difference is Chad actually has skills :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2012, 03:51:53 PM »
I disagree, I think he is more like the Fort Worth of Aces High.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2012, 04:21:26 PM »
Ahh, but the ONE historical hypothetical you forgot that I DIDN'T was the peace negotiation with GB and the US.  Had he done that it would have extended the time frame on the US's buildup.  Additionally, the Russian bear wasn't on the warpath at all.  History tells us the idiot known as Stalin was caught so completely off-guard by Operation Barbarosa that German spies were actually sleeping with Stalin's wife and he didn't know it until it was too late. could you show proof of this? i have never heard it before  Further historical evidence regarding the lack of preparedness of the Russian war machine was the sheer ineptitude of their turdy little a/c at the outset of the war with Germany. completely inaccurate when viewed with the light of supported documentation of the russian deployment of 170 plus divissions in the area Many of the significant German aces of WWII gained their fame flying against turd haulers flown by Russian pile its with zero ACM experience and that hadn't even bothered to grow hair in their armpits yet. russia never based its combat effectiveness on quality, it has always been of the mind that you should charge the enemy with overwhelming force until they run out of bullets then defeat them with your reserves To add insult to injury, the Russians had to lend-lease aircraft from the US...the P-40's and P-39's...planes rated as disposable by the US and no match for the German "wolfpacks". they took free stuff, they needed to close the gap in technology cause they were finding that the loses suffered in their previous strategy were too great. additionally the wanted to do as they have always done take and copy the tech of others.

So, my hypothetical trumps your hypothetical due to the realities of the war. niether your hype nor your realities stand up to a reasonable challenge

ok Changeup im awake and ready.......

first, the peace agreement between US and GB was a worthless document if the US did not have a staging area in the ET. our bombers could not cross the Atlantic, our ships would have no safe harbors and we would have had no place to build up on that side of the world. with out the constant bombing to delay and interfere with the German production of its war machine then the time that the US was delayed in entering the war from the Asiatic side of Europe (assuming they eventually defeated Japan and then managed to get China's or Russia's permission to occupy then cross through their lands with entire armies) how big do you think the German military machine would have been? (especially when they were facing only one enemy front? a landing anywhere in Europe would have been impossible, so only the eastern front could be assailed) with the tech advantage and the open pilfering of all of Europe's resources unhindered would have given them the ability to build up to a size that would quickly become unsurmountable by a third party military force.

second Russia had every intentions of pulling a sneak punch on Germany as early as late 38 early 39...as can be shown by their negotiations with the United Kingdom, France, Poland, and Romania to establish an alliance against Nazi Germany. The negotiations failed when the Soviet Union insisted that Poland and Romania give Soviet troops transit rights through their territory as part of a collective security agreement. The failure of those negotiations led the Soviet Union to conclude the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact with Nazi Germany on 23 August. yes its WiKi but its correct so deal with it!  :neener:

the Russian bear was most definitely on the war path, they were aggressors in the conflicts that would become WWII European Theater! they invaded Poland on 17 September 1939 then invaded Finland on 30 November 1939. thy spent most of 40 building up in what could only be viewed in a attack profile, not a defensive one.

now read this paper, very interesting read actually....give you a different perspective on the world situation.. http://wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/archives/articles/stalwarplans.html

oh and for some additional support for the claims in the page above try this link http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v18/v18n3p40_Michaels.html

your ball.....what you got???? hahaha  :neener:

P.S. just so the world at large understands, alot of the informational sites that you will find this anti-public school opinion stuff in is on sites that may (not all support, some just tell it from the other side of the fence without promotion or twisting of events) support either Germany at large or the nationalist theme of government.

none of the papers i posted are politically undertoned or tainted, but others on the sites may be. i am not in any fashion a NAZI or a NAZI sympathizer, i am just into knowing as much truth with as little propaganda as possible, i find that the only way to accomplish this is to look on both sides of the fence while balancing upon the top. the papers letters and speeches sited as references within the articles exist as well as the events that transpired, this is the factual side of things, what truths or conclusions you as a person draw from the information is purely up to you as an intelligent and sentient being capable of thinking for yourself.

let few men tell you what to think......let NO MAN tell you how to think!!!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:01:23 PM by FLOTSOM »
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »
second Russia had every intentions of pulling a sneak punch on Germany as early as late 38 early 39...as can be shown by their negotiations with the United Kingdom, France, Poland, and Romania to establish an alliance against Nazi Germany. The negotiations failed when the Soviet Union insisted that Poland and Romania give Soviet troops transit rights through their territory as part of a collective security agreement. The failure of those negotiations led the Soviet Union to conclude the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact with Nazi Germany on 23 August. yes its WiKi but its correct so deal with it!  :neener:

the Russian bear was most definitely on the war path, they were aggressors in the conflicts that would become WWII European Theater! they invaded Poland on 17 September 1939 then invaded Finland on 30 November 1939. thy spent most of 40 building up in what could only be viewed in a attack profile, not a defensive one.

If you have the opportunity, read Isaac Deutscher's biography of Stalin.  Deutscher was an admitted Trotskyite (one of the world's best 3-volume bios) and so an obvious enemy of Stalin.  His bias is thus no worse than neutral.  From Stalin's perspective, Germany was a centuries-old aggressor, obviously coming on again with Hitler and his "Mein Kampf" proclamations about Lebensraum.  Stalin used the purges to get rid of anyone with possible anti-Stalin sympathies; he attacked Finland to improve his Baltic position, as with his occupation of the Baltic countries and the eastern portion of Poland.  He was improving his defensive position as much as possible while he attempted to re-arm a country devastated by revolution, civil war and social "readjustment." 

There is absolutely no evidence (unless you are a Rudel fan) that Russia was preparing to invade the west in 1941 - or even in the foreseeable future.  Stalin had too many problems already.

- oldman