Author Topic: My Wife Asks Me..  (Read 4119 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: My Wife Asks Me..
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2012, 04:48:20 AM »
Here is dashcam video of a Lauren's County Deputy in Georgia. The code that he stated was 1078 - 1018. Here in Georgia that's, Need assistance, Quickly.

Warning, very intense audio. At 3:20 he is choking on blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoI4G1fWmEQ&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dgeorgia%2Bdeputy%2Bshot%2Band%2Bkilled%26oq%3Dgeorgia%2Bdeputy%2Bshot%2Band%2Bkilled%26gs_l%3Dyoutube.3..33i21.238.6666.0.6972.30.28.0.2.2.0.433.3777.11j9j6j0j1.27.0...0.0...1ac.1.PuxfZT0Vp6Q

feel really bad for that officer as I feel that he should have shot way before the other guy got back to his truck.  but for every officer than dies there's many innocent civilians that die because of an officer's mistake.

there's no no way to explain an officer's death or an innocent civilians death either.

semp

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2012, 05:07:15 AM »
for every officer than dies there's many innocent civilians that die because of an officer's mistake.

source?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2012, 05:23:39 AM »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2012, 05:58:16 AM »
I just made it up

yeah, thats what I thought.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2012, 08:31:29 AM »
yeah, thats what I thought.

Par for the course.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2012, 09:03:56 AM »
When I stopped and searched people or vehicles I had to give the reason for the search, my name and collar number, the station to which I was attached, and a copy of the search record.

Legitimate reason could be knowledge of pre-cons, time of day and area ( such as 3am in a high crime area), committing a moving traffic offence, visible signs of furtiveness or bloodshot eyes etc.
If I get stopped and searched at 3am in a high crime area I would have no issues at all in consenting. Refusing a search seems to me that you simply are showing you can exercise your rights. Incidentally, if I stopped anybody under the conditions I mentioned above, I would have the right under UK law to effect a search despite refusal.

I was just curious as to how it worked in the UK.

I do not think that time of day, prior convictions, or location are examples of probable cause here, but I could be mistaken.  I know each state has it's own little differences, also.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »
I was just curious as to how it worked in the UK.

I do not think that time of day, prior convictions, or location are examples of probable cause here, but I could be mistaken.  I know each state has it's own little differences, also.

the last couple times i was stopped...usually late night on the way home from my friends store in philly.....i'd be asked where i was coming from, and where i was going. my general answer was "the place i just left", and "to my destination". that actually got a chuckle out of a couple somerdale officers....most didn't like it though. none ever pushed me for more than that though. i did make certain to say that politely too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2012, 12:14:35 PM »
Regarding helmets and seat belts:

Repeal the laws.  Hey Govt. Get off our backs!
Give me Liberty or give me Death!
Enjoy our Freedoms!~

AND...

To my insurance company: 
Please add policy disclaimers, that for all injuries suffered while driving without a seat belt, or riding without a helmet, benefits are DENIED.

My two cents.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2012, 12:21:19 PM »
and (serious question) how would you deal with emergency services? they shouldnt have to deal with nasty trauma cases caused by beltless drivers and passengers. but they cant really leave anyone thrown from a vehicle to die on the verge ...
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2012, 02:12:55 PM »

Enjoy our Freedoms!~

AND...

To my insurance company: 
Please add policy disclaimers, that for all injuries suffered while driving without a seat belt, or riding without a helmet, benefits are DENIED.

My two cents.

Interesting except some cases. Take school buses.... no seatbelts.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2012, 02:16:49 PM »

Enjoy our Freedoms!~

AND...

To my insurance company: 

My two cents.

How utterly gormless, helmet laws are not infringing your civil liberties. The problem is that some members of the population have to be told that wearing safety equipment is perhaps a sensible notion. :bhead

Give me liberty or give me death???? Why should anyone have to scrape your brains of the road with a spatula and then go home for dinner. At the very least it should be considered an act of wanton selfishness not to wear one :mad:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2012, 04:13:19 PM »

feel really bad for that officer as I feel that he should have shot way before the other guy got back to his truck.  but for every officer than dies there's many innocent civilians that die because of an officer's mistake.

there's no no way to explain an officer's death or an innocent civilians death either.

semp

semp

If I remember correctly, this Deputy just had someone trying to file an assault case against him. I think that the Sheriff had some words with the Deputy about the case. A few days later is when this happened. The deputy had the stress of possibly being charged with some type of assault which therefore made the deputy over think about the situation at hand. If i remember correctly, that is what caused the Deputy to double take on everything going on.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
How utterly gormless, helmet laws are not infringing your civil liberties. The problem is that some members of the population have to be told that wearing safety equipment is perhaps a sensible notion. :bhead

Give me liberty or give me death???? Why should anyone have to scrape your brains of the road with a spatula and then go home for dinner. At the very least it should be considered an act of wanton selfishness not to wear one :mad:

The problem is that folk like you think "some members of the population have to be told".

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »
The problem is that folk like you think "some members of the population have to be told".

Unfortunately, its true. Otherwise we wouldn't have to put warnings such as "caution, contents hot" on the lids to our coffee. I didn't order iced coffee, room-temperature coffee isn't a typical beverage in any culture so far as I know, and the semi-insulated cup feels really warm even bordering on hot, so therefore I can assume that the coffee itself is infact hot.

If you want full rights to be as dumb as you want, you'll also have the right to suffer the full consequences of your stupidity without aid.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2012, 07:06:47 PM »
When a cop asks you "Sir are you carrying any explosives, drugs, concealed weapons or dead bodies" The proper response is suppose to laugh at. Secondly don't tell the officer "no sir, except for the two dead ones in the trunk.
He chuckled then asked to see my trunk, which had nothing but a spare tire, he then told me "usually people laugh at the topic I know are not guilty, those who are serious and answer No usually are guilty" but I have never had someone so quickly throw that back at me before.

/turns out my blinker light was going out and dimmed some what, he let me go without a citation or warning just asked I get it checked out

//There is an old saying, if you can make a cop laugh some what he's more liable to let you off the hook, I am still waiting to get pulled over since I have an Mp3 player in my car that has the COPS theme, so I can blast it while rolling down the windows to throw my hands out the window
///still waiting :\
JG 52