Author Topic: Grounded for good.  (Read 10479 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Grounded for good.
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2013, 05:29:10 PM »
Don't leave.  You shouldn't have too.  You should report the ones who verbally harassed you.  For now, I'd leave that vox and possibly switch countries until things are sorted.  If need be, leave the squad if they may have an issue of you switching to a different country to chill out.  As for VOX, you may tune to yourself for now, until you are comfortable with tuning to a groups/squad vox.

To the rest of you guys, EsmeII is taking the higher ground by NOT posting their names on the BBS.  While more than a few of us want to know their names, I think it best that EsmeII settles this issue with HTC.

Again EsmeII, don't quit Aces High.  Leave the vox, switch countries and fly solo for now, or take up some of these guys on their offer to fly with them while things settle.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline FuFiter

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that it went to that level, and im apologizing on behalf of our squad or those that would offer it.  we have a few "thick skinned" old timers on our squad and sometimes the old "beatin the chest" happens.  I have a tolerance level, I guess, from my real life, and I did not want it to get to you.  Apologies Esme, it was fun while it lasted, don't leave the game, perhaps  we can lanc up once again sometime in the future.   :salute
Nook of the North! the Foo, the whole foo and nothing but the Foo.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2013, 07:24:43 PM »
It's too bad someone got the best of you (verbally or by text).  I'm guessing evey one of us has experienced times where it's gotten to the point that it ruined our enjoyment of the game.  I know it's happened to me.

.report (player ID) if it's that bad and detune the channel or squelch the offending player(s).

If you're that thin skinned maybe online gaming isn't for you.  In saying that I'm not condoning the actions of those who offended you.

While I hate to see any player leave the game I'm not going to beg you to stay, profess my love for you or tell you you have a buddy in me like so many others have here.  Hell, I don't even know you.

If you decide to leave or stay that's up to you.  I just hope eveyone who has a negative verbal or text exchange doesn't come running to the BBs or that's all we're going to see here.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2013, 07:35:47 PM »
1. Report them to AH.
2. Don't ever give in to idiots.
3. I throw out the idea of posting their names so we can "peer pressure" them. Maybe?

Boo

Calling out Jerkoffs will not make them disappear, they simple don't care anyway if they are attacking another player.

Things to learn about online gaming:
1) most have an ego
2) most can be jerkoffs

So 3) find people who arn't one of the above
JG 52

Offline FA_Refugee

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2013, 10:52:17 PM »
 :confused: :headscratch:
Weizel

"Vodka without beer and truffles is like throwing money in the wind."

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2013, 10:56:34 PM »
Some people do sound funny on range. :old:

I was told I sound like Mr Rogers on range by Butcher. :old:

Now, I rarely speak on range. :old:

I might be able to overcome this fear, one day. :old:

Hopefully. :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2013, 11:22:03 PM »
Goodbye all.

I'm very sad to say that due to an outrageously boorish attack on me by a couple of people in the MA - members of the squad I was in - I am leaving AH.  My crime, apparently, is to have an odd voice and to be female and to simply ask that I be warned if certain subjects (one of the miscreants simply launched into a description of how he'd intervened to prevent a rape - a highly laudable thing to do, but I'm a sensitive soul, and really do NOT want to hear details, and so I tried to PM them saying I understood they couldnt know I'm that sensitive, but in future if they gave me warning, I'd leave channel for a bit and return when they're done. chaps in squads I've been in previously have been fine with doing so.) . I have never been so insulted or deeply upset in an online game as I was last night by that guy and his chum who apparently decided that the magic power of beer gave them the right to bully and harass me simply because I'm female and sound a little odd with it.  I KNOW what I sound like, that's why I was tentative using vox in the first place, and why I explained about my voice before getting it set up. Gums from WarBirds once rather charmingly said of me that anything else aside, I add a little colour to the community, which I realised meant that whilst there may have been those who had their doubts about my gender back in WB, they're polite enough to keep it to themselves, and what the heck, its' a game, and we're all here to have fun, who cares if someone is rather odd so long as they're amiable and good to fly with?  I could live with that.

All the folk in WB back then, and the vast majority of folk in AH both the first time I tried it several years ago, and this time around, have been fine with me.  I had a lot of fun back in the S3's in WB2.77, and was starting to have fun in the FSO's this time around here in AH.  But that's been called to a halt by a couple of ignorant boors who feel that they have the right to make personal attacks on someone who doesn;t quite fit their view of the world.  I can't stay - they could change accounts and handles, and attack me again.  I can't change my voice, and I refuse to pretend to be a bloke. And so, I'm grounded, this time for good.

Goodbye AH.

<S>

Esme

Esme

Do not leave report them and all but why should you leave, if you enjoy the game so much and I know we have a few females flying here and also enjoy the game but these select people should be banned or suspended for a while so they can wake up and see what they did. the Sadest Part they were your Own Squaddies that did this to you is even worse The Squad should of Stuck up for you no matter what but it seems like a select few took part in this matter.

I am speaking my mind as a player and nothing else and hate to see someone go threw this.

Esme alot of players already reached out to you so please reconsider staying even if it means flying solo for a while until you find a new home to fit in.

<S>

Molsman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2013, 11:29:19 PM »
You can buy a voice changer ya know...

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:58 PM »
Voice changer or not that is not the Point why should someone hide their Voice to enjoy a Game???? Please explain
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »
Or she can just get crap from people in the game...her choice.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
She doesn't need to buy a voice changer OR take crap from folks.  Your options for her are BS.
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2013, 12:09:42 AM »
Then what are yours? squelch everyone? Or alot of people? sure that works but there will always be someone who slips through the screen.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2013, 12:51:40 AM »
You can buy a voice changer ya know...

Or she can just get crap from people in the game...her choice.

4Prop, may I recommend you reading up on "Good Etiquette and practicing the use of it"
Both, on the boards of AH and in the game while playing!

Discerning your 2 posts, I quoted above, shows us all you really need to work on your "Good Gameplay Etiquette" and "good messageboards etiquette"

Hope this helps, let me know if I can be of further assistance, sir...

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »
Oh, that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen on these boards.

"Hey everyone, I'm a D-bag!"

"Here, let me offer you some reading material,
Sincerely, Trainer"
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2013, 04:07:07 AM »
Then what are yours? squelch everyone? Or alot of people? sure that works but there will always be someone who slips through the screen.

This does bring up something.  Why are we not able to prevent people from tuning directly to you?  And more and more, I am not seeing a reason we shouldn't have a perma-squelch.  As you just pointed out, our ability to squelch folks is poor.  If you are squelched, it's but a simple thing to pop out of the arena then pop back in, if I recall correctly.  If not that, then logging out then back in WILL clear it.  Maybe if it's setup so that when you squelch someone, it squelches their account handle.  This means that if they change in-game handles, they will still be squelched.  It also means that if a newbie comes in and uses one of those in-game handles, it will not mean they are squelched since their account handle would be different.  Something along those lines.

That being said, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to get rid of EsmeII.  Because your two comments really seem to read as such.

At this point, an option would be to leave the squad and change countries as well as her in-game handle.  Only tell those she trusts what her new in-game handle is and go from there.  She could choose to not speak on vox if she wishes, or to only speak if needed.
HiTech