Author Topic: Battle Of Britain 2013 Registration Now Open  (Read 15115 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Battle Of Britain 2013 Registration Now Open
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2013, 06:54:09 PM »

Meine Herren,

Guten abend, A little deflation is in order here. Everyone that is not a first or second year scenario participant
knows that by the time you see the write-up the scenario is locked.

No need to ask why and no need to answer questions that are irrelevant at this point.

Especially you Axis fellows. Your time could be better spent trying to figure out how we're going to re-float
England after we sink it.  :rofl

Jetzt, wieder an die Arbeit!  :D
(Now, get back to work!)

:salute
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2013, 06:59:15 PM »
For what it's worth, a quick look at the order of battle for the LW in August 1940 has 5 Ju88 KGs and 5 He111s KGs    They were both doing the job. 

Also for what it's worth, they were early model Junkers, definitely not as capable as ours is.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2013, 07:04:56 PM »
Also for what it's worth, they were early model Junkers, definitely not as capable as ours is.

Gonna have to roll with it for immersion's sake Krusty.  It's the only Ju-88 in town.  Heaven forbid if a bomber guy had a chance too :)

Just relax and fly the thing.  No one is really gonna die.  Have some fun with your buddies.  Let yourself get caught up in the action and who knows, it might even be fun :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »
Gonna have to roll with it for immersion's sake Krusty.  It's the only Ju-88 in town.  Heaven forbid if a bomber guy had a chance too :)

Just relax and fly the thing.  No one is really gonna die.  Have some fun with your buddies.  Let yourself get caught up in the action and who knows, it might even be fun :aok

Dan it would appear that you just want people to have fun. Or am I reading that wrong?  :headscratch:

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2013, 07:46:27 PM »
Dan it would appear that you just want people to have fun. Or am I reading that wrong?  :headscratch:

Seems like that would make sense :)

Switched to JG54 though SIK.   This is an E7 with a DT from Barbarossa time, which we won't have in B of B, but you get the idea :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2013, 08:07:17 PM »

Just relax and fly the thing.

That's what I plan.. to relax and completely ignore Ju88s (as I have had quite enough of trying to catch them, let alone shoot them down, with a Spit I).  So, as far as I am concerned, Ju88s you can destroy anything you want.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
That's what I plan.. to relax and completely ignore Ju88s (as I have had quite enough of trying to catch them, let alone shoot them down, with a Spit I).  So, as far as I am concerned, Ju88s you can destroy anything you want.

My understanding from those who have flown this event in the past, each has been very competitive.  No one has said that the 88s ruined the scenario.  That being said, it's less 88s this time so I can't quite see how it's an issue.

The RAF rose to the occasion back then.  They didn't concede before a shot was fired.

Remember the guys you are representing and what they accomplished.  Sadly there are very few of "the Few" left.

While I'm flying a 109E in this one, understand the guys below are my heroes and have been my heroes for far longer than any computer game.  Enjoy the chance to put yourself in their spot, as much as a computer game will allow.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
SO is this a two life event or is it 1 life then maybe a second with a rescue?

What happens if your pilot is killed? Game over?
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2013, 10:48:36 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Meine Herren,

Guten abend, A little deflation is in order here. Everyone that is not a first or second year scenario participant
knows that by the time you see the write-up the scenario is locked.

No need to ask why and no need to answer questions that are irrelevant at this point.

Yes sir.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:15:04 PM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2013, 11:06:12 PM »
Hey ROC, any limits on weather or not the He111 can carry the 20mms in the nose?
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »

Yeah, Dan is always such a pushy guy  :lol
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »
Hey ROC, any limits on weather or not the He111 can carry the 20mms in the nose?

No restrictions, the available gun packages were available in 1940 unless we seriously missed something.  Hey, it can happen :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2013, 11:55:14 PM »
Guppy, we've been saying our Ju88 ruins the BOB scenario since we started running BOB scenarios....   :rofl

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2013, 12:21:06 AM »
Guppy, we've been saying our Ju88 ruins the BOB scenario since we started running BOB scenarios....   :rofl

Who is we? As some folks who I'd consider to be fairly objective, claim that the B of B is one of the most popular scenarios and that it's been close every time.

And since its the only 88 we have, it would seem silly to leave it out based on whoever "we" is beyond yourself.  So are you going to spend your time griping about the 88 we don't have or are you going to participate and help make the event enjoyable?

If it's that big of a deal, then don't fly it.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2013, 01:08:41 AM »
Who is we? As some folks who I'd consider to be fairly objective, claim that the B of B is one of the most popular scenarios and that it's been close every time.

And since its the only 88 we have, it would seem silly to leave it out based on whoever "we" is beyond yourself.  So are you going to spend your time griping about the 88 we don't have or are you going to participate and help make the event enjoyable?

If it's that big of a deal, then don't fly it.

So abrasive Sir CM. I flew in 08 and the one before. Ju 88s hurt, not ruined, the event.

Sukov brings a good question to mind. May we have an answer?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:11:56 AM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com