Author Topic: Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Remove airbases from Ozkansas TT
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »
Hell no.  That is where the fastest air-to-air action is found on that map.  I do wish those three air fields were uncapturable though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 12:10:37 PM »
The fact that you think I'm a base taker just proves what a moron you are.

The moron is the one that gets bombed in a tank and then comes to the forums whining about it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 12:57:17 PM »
Simple. You can fly your little Pee38  up to 20K and not have to worry about wirbs or any other ground vehicles shooting you and fight planes all day long. Please show me one place on any map in the rotation that provides this for the GV'ers. Such a place is simply non-existent.

Christ, its an air combat game? Aces High the clues in the name, would be like me going to WOT expecting some planes? Why did you even start playing this game? Why would you expect a plane game to become a tank game??  :rofl

On a more serious note why not just go and play World of Tanks? A game...predominately about tanks??  :huh

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 02:46:33 PM »
Christ, its an air combat game? Aces High the clues in the name, would be like me going to WOT expecting some planes? Why did you even start playing this game? Why would you expect a plane game to become a tank game??  :rofl

On a more serious note why not just go and play World of Tanks? A game...predominately about tanks??  :huh

I don't think the GVers should go away, when a good tank battle gets going I like to join in.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »
Chaser your wasting your time no one is going to give up easy kills so we can gv in peace. He'll they don't even wana give us our own server why would they want to change one map. I bet they would rather see players quit than everyone having fun

Translation: Dying in this specific way ruins the entire game for me, so I want everybody's gameplay experience changed to suit my needs. HTC please take away the quick fights that TT maps provide fighter pilots so that I can spawn camp with impunity.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »

Please remove the airbases from the TT on this map. It to the point tanks are useless out there because everyone and their red headed step child are dropping bombs or strafing tanks. It's really quite pathetic. It used to be a fun place but it's been completely ruin by the no-life scumbags dropping eggs.
:ahand How bout NO you can find other places the purpose of that island is to have air and ground combat so deal with it
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »

There are 21 GV's in Aces High. Maybe you didn't notice the Jagdpanther and Jagdpanzers that were recently
Released. There are allot of dedicated GV'ers in AH and their numbers are growing. Try the GV's. You might just like them. I would be surprised if AH didn't add more tanks in the near future. Good for business.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 09:55:05 AM »
Note he is talking about Tank Town, so the OP is quite reasonable   +1  :aok

I think what most people miss both air and ground is that it really is a circle of life.  The JABO bombs the GV, the plane gets shot down by a Wirbel or a fighter, the fighter gets engaged by a Wirbel or another fighter, the Wirbel gets engaged by tanks, the JABO takes out ords and more tanks, more fighters show up, throw in some buffs and a few carrier groups etc. and so on.  If you think you are not part of the food chain in the main arena because of your preferred activity, you are wrong and set up for disappointment.  

No, what they miss is that in AH GVs and AC are not at all comparable in capability, in that the former is totally at the mercy of the latter given competent players.  Unless you are part of a squad/horde (which many of you are), arranging “help” is problematic.  Doing it yourself requires ditching the GV, upping a fighter from 1-2 sectors away, flying back, and usually finding that the perpetrator is long gone.  And of course while you’re doing all this, you can’t GV.  It’s like saying that you should stand outside your house all night to prevent the neighborhood teens from TPing your trees.  So before you guys start lecturing about "upping a fighter" and similar roadkill, you should try GVing with a perk tank yourself under these conditions.  Otherwise it looks like hypocrisy.  

MH

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04:19 AM »
<duplicate post>
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:11:57 AM by TDeacon »

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 10:11:37 AM »
Chaser your wasting your time no one is going to give up easy kills so we can gv in peace. He'll they don't even wana give us our own server why would they want to change one map. I bet they would rather see players quit than everyone having fun

BTW, I hope HTC reads these threads.  If I were them, I would see in some of them an opportunity to maintain/increase the subscriber base.  As I said in another thread, I have a friend whom I could get to subscribe, but only if I could tell him that the game is GV-friendly.  Unfortunately it currently isn't, for reasons like this.  It is fun if you fly planes, but there is too much unnecessary frustration for GVers, which could easily be removed with some rules tweaks. 

My favorite is impose a small perk point loss if you bomb a GV inside a VBase circle.  That would kill GV griefing, without eliminating ground attack elsewhere on the map.  No map changes needed (Maybe I should post this as a "wish"...). 

MH

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 10:26:37 AM »
BTW, I hope HTC reads these threads.  If I were them, I would see in some of them an opportunity to maintain/increase the subscriber base.  As I said in another thread, I have a friend whom I could get to subscribe, but only if I could tell him that the game is GV-friendly.  Unfortunately it currently isn't, for reasons like this.  It is fun if you fly planes, but there is too much unnecessary frustration for GVers, which could easily be removed with some rules tweaks. 

My favorite is impose a small perk point loss if you bomb a GV inside a VBase circle.  That would kill GV griefing, without eliminating ground attack elsewhere on the map.  No map changes needed (Maybe I should post this as a "wish"...). 

MH

I'm still reading all this as "Give us special treatment because we don't like dying in this specific way."

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 10:38:28 AM »
I'm still reading all this as "Give us special treatment because we don't like dying in this specific way."

It depends on what you mean by "special treatment".  For example, we have laws which make child molestation and bank robbery illegal.  Is this "special treatment"?

MH

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 11:01:28 AM »
It is so fast to get a tank back into the action at Tank Town on that map, what does it matter you might get bombed? Hell, it is faster to reload that way than to ask for supplies anyway.

I don't understand the request to remove airbases.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 11:08:28 AM »
It depends on what you mean by "special treatment".  For example, we have laws which make child molestation and bank robbery illegal.  Is this "special treatment"?

MH

Are you trying to compare pixel bombs making pixel explosions out of pixel tanks to child molestation and bank robbery?   :huh

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »
Are you trying to compare pixel bombs making pixel explosions out of pixel tanks to child molestation and bank robbery?   :huh
looks that way...he sure jammed his arm up to the shoulder into the outhouse to pull that one out...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett