Author Topic: Logged in and saw this  (Read 4719 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Logged in and saw this
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2014, 05:11:39 PM »
:lol Pot meet kettle?  Resupping an HQ is fast & easy.  For those that think they are too good to do so for their side, well, you don't deserve the benefit of dar from those that will then.

Because resupplying the HQ is ever so much fun and far preferable to defending it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2014, 05:14:49 PM »
Because resupplying the HQ is ever so much fun and far preferable to defending it.

Wiley.

I can eat a whole sub sandwich and down a couple of beers while joking with the guys. I have the option going to take a dump afterwards while they continue in my stead. There's a huge silver lining here.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2014, 05:15:33 PM »
Your rapier wit stings me badly.  Now, I'm off to buy some Solarcaine. 

Think up your next rant thread on the way.  :aok

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2014, 05:19:14 PM »
Think up your next rant thread on the way.  :aok

I can't say I blame him for being annoyed with the whole thing. It does feel like one big waste of time when I spend half an hour flying resupply runs just so I can find the fight. Whoever suggested the change to what knocking down the strats affects might be on to something.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2014, 05:20:19 PM »
I can't say I blame him for being annoyed with the whole thing. It does feel like one big waste of time when I spend half an hour flying resupply runs just so I can find the fight. Whoever suggested the change to what knocking down the strats affects might be on to something.

Indeed.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2014, 05:21:19 PM »

Anything that prevents Cal from logging and posting whines has potential, I guess.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »

Wiley.

You don't have the time or energy/attention span to resup HQ, but you do have it to come to the boards and complain about it.  Cool. :headscratch:

And no I'm not singling you out (even though you brought it up).  There are plenty of players that only think of themselves and don't contribute anything for their team/side.  That's the modern world for ya.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:24:30 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »
Oh boo hoo. Knights kept rook hq dead for SEVEN HOURS and you didn't see the rooks whining about it. If we had known that the bishops squeal more gratifyingly we would've been bouncing rubble and killing trains all night at bishop HQ instead.

Oh how soon you forget:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,359282.0.html
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2014, 07:47:36 PM »
Midol

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2014, 07:51:45 PM »
Oh how soon you forget:

What do you mean forget? That's the incident I was talking about.  :headscratch:
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Shade

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2014, 08:07:21 PM »
Oh how soon you forget:

didn't see the rooks whining about it

I think you've made his point for him.  There wasn't any whining about it in that thread.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2014, 08:47:15 PM »
Still have yet to see anyone articulate an actual argument in favor of the current HQ system.  If you can't attack the message, attack the messenger.

*wildly waves arm above head*

Can I try?  Can I?

You might divide the AH crowd into the objective-minded war winners, and everyone else.

For the first crowd - which I suspect is the greater number of players - there should be a good reason to try to bomb the HQ.  Otherwise, why bother?  It's a long flight, there are 163s at the end of it, chances of success are not as high as bombing the hangers at a base.  HTC has selected DAR as the reward, and certainly it's a great reward.  You can win the war if you accomplish your mission.  Enemies will be blind, and they won't get reinforcements because their friends log on, see the lack of radar, and log off.  Pick and choose your next targets and you can win the map.  Isn't that the whole point?

For the second crowd - and I think our friend Caldera is in this bunch - the game objective is different.  If you can't find a fight, what's the point?

The game has to cater to both crowds.  Someone is always going to be disappointed by the compromises made.

* sits down, face red *

- oldman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2014, 08:52:05 PM »
Instead of logging, if Cal doesn't wanna fly rubber doggie doo until the dar comes home and he's happy again .... ummm ..... aren't there other arenas? Heck, if there's enough like minded players that feel all put upon isn't there, I dunno, the AvA? Then again, if having Dar bombed into oblivion is frustrating .....

:D

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2014, 09:49:12 PM »
Oldman is probably correct.  How about this as a change.  In addition and completely separate from the current win the war criteria, create a new way to win the war by strategic (and hq) bombing.  Say for example that if any country does some amount of damage to either nme countries strats and destroys the hq, then they win instantly.  Adjust the values as necessary to achieve balance so that two countries ganging up on the third is not beneficial to winning the war in the strategic manner, such as must destroy at least half of all strategic targets plus the hq to win the map.  This would provide 2 ways to win the war, prime targets for bombers beyond the current win the war system, and not kill all of the radars when the hq is down.

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2014, 11:33:21 PM »
I was playing when this happened.  We rolled 163's but didn't get there in time.  Still, I had fun trying to intercept and killed two 29's (got nearly 10 perkies).  Landed, and a couple other DFA squadmates rolled resup goons - we chatted about Harold Ramis - I visited the bathroom and then got another beer - and got the dar back up in short order (didn't time it but it couldn't have taken more than 20-30 minutes). 
I actually felt kinda bad for the guys who must have spent a LOT of time getting to alt, flying to HQ, then losing so many perk bombers - and only creating a short window of time before dar was back up.
Now if dar were set up so it would be down for hours then yes that would be an issue but frankly I'm fine with the way it's set up.  It creates something for the high alt bomber crowd to do and it's not like it happens on a regular basis.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart