Author Topic: Scoring  (Read 5288 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Scoring
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2014, 06:46:25 AM »
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:53:39 PM by Skuzzy »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2014, 06:59:15 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:54:14 PM by Skuzzy »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2014, 08:07:51 AM »
I don't know what your style of play is nor do I really care all that much. By asking for a change in the system I'm guessing your not being shown in the "light" you think you should be. To many players find it easy and are willing to game the score system so you show more poorly than you think you should, or you don't want to be bothered by having to "play" that game so that you show where you THINK you should be showing. Close enough?

The system is set up to show the best over all players. The problem is that like anything else in a game people look for a way around it. In the old days we use to fly off a base and meet the enemy half way to there base a duke it out at what ever alt half way got you to the deck. Then some people figure it was better to grab some alt and come in high and pick those guys twisting and turning on the deck working for a kill because it took less skill and wasn't likely to get them shot down much...... I'm sure you know the kind  :D

The point is the system has to be complicated and convoluted to make it as EQUALLY fair to everyone who plays I fly 20 hours a week and if I worked at it I could keep a score comparable to a player who does 700 hours a week. If things were simple I wouldn't be able to keep up with the number of kills a 700 hour player gets, or a player playing in the Euro time wouldn't have a chance to get his K/H any where near someone from US prime time. 

Again completely incorrect, no offense but do you even read? I said I'm being shown as 9th place in attack(top 10). And What I am saying is that I SHOULDN'T be in the top 10, because the scoring system took 3 sorties, and is easily tampered with. The changes I am proposing or wishing for or whatever, MAKE IT HARDER to game the system.

So no, not even close. Please try and read it again.  I DO want to be challenged to earn rank, I just proved its stupid easy to game it, which is why I am asking for change.

You say people will find a way but there is no way around K/D, you get them or you don't. There is no way around Total kills, you get them or you don't. Unless you cheat with extra accounts (which should be bannable)

Don't mention offtime players KH hurts them the most, because they can't find a fight.

As far as time played, it's not the 700 hour players fault that you can't play as much, If he is dedicating more time to the game and beating you in all the stats, that's the objective way to display his ranking. Play more or just realize that your limited play time keeps your from competing for the rank you want and live with it.

So let me repeat it again so you can stop guessing. I am looking for more objectivity in regards to score. Looking for it to stop being so easy to be gamed (as evident by me flying just 3 sorties and being rank 9 in attack..I SHOULD BE RANKED WORSE.THE SCORING SYSTEM IS BROKEN. That's the "light" I'm looking for. Lol

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2014, 08:16:26 AM »
So let me repeat it again so you can stop guessing. I am looking for more objectivity in regards to score. Looking for it to stop being so easy to be gamed (as evident by me flying just 3 sorties and being rank 9 in attack..I SHOULD BE RANKED WORSE.THE SCORING SYSTEM IS BROKEN. That's the "light" I'm looking for. Lol

We are only 10 days into the tour. IF you stay at your current level of 11 sorties in attack (not 3) you will lose ranks every day.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2014, 08:27:35 AM »
Don't mention offtime players KH hurts them the most, because they can't find a fight.

This is absolutely true. But I think kills per hour is also the single hardest metric to game and best indicator of all skill, all other things being equal. I know they aren't for the off-time players, but I don't think that can be helped.

Kills/sortie on the other hand, that should DEFINITELY be eliminated. It is nothing other than a measure of how regularly a player uses the rearm pad. Whatever it is supposed to measure is measured better by kills per hour.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2014, 08:44:07 AM »
reducing it to K/D and sheer number of kill wouldn't help the off players anyway... you still have the problem to get the number of kills in the first place.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2014, 08:48:02 AM »
There is no accusation to it. I've SEEN both of them doing it in the MA (and been killed by it). And there is no shame in it. It is a good way to fly aircraft with excellent climb and energy retention.

There isnt much difference between him and skyyr, personality-wise - in my eyes.

Yes, both of them spend more time killing people than complaining bout others not playing "right", a thing to which I give a most hearty  :aok

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2014, 09:59:25 AM »
There is no accusation to it. I've SEEN both of them doing it in the MA (and been killed by it). And there is no shame in it. It is a good way to fly aircraft with excellent climb and energy retention.

Yes, both of them spend more time killing people than complaining bout others not playing "right", a thing to which I give a most hearty  :aok
Uhm, really wanna run into you in the MA and show what is the right and knightly way to fly a brick  :aok
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 10:01:05 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2014, 10:47:51 AM »
Uhm, really wanna run into you in the MA and show what is the right and knightly way to fly a brick  :aok
I think this roughly translates to "I wanna kick your bellybutton for disagreeing with me. Not like literally with hands or something, God forbid. In a video game that I've spent thousands of hours getting really good at, where no one REALLY dies" :D

Alas, there is no courage or cowardice, honor or dishonor, badassery or pansy-ness to be claimed, mutually shared community delusions aside. No one ever gets so much as a bloody nose flying AH.

Below is a recent example of "stupid" flying in a brick. It happened to work out 'cause the other guy made serious mistakes. No "courage" was involved, just moving a game controller around while sitting in a chair watching a screen.
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/72fl5srr78r9ur4/BoNeZ_P51_F6F_Fight_2.mp4
Original AHF: http://www.mediafire.com/download/25h3ina2eo9pyhz/20142slo_0041.ahf

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2014, 11:13:42 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:56:05 PM by Skuzzy »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2014, 11:16:14 AM »
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:56:21 PM by Skuzzy »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »
Again completely incorrect, no offense but do you even read? I said I'm being shown as 9th place in attack(top 10). And What I am saying is that I SHOULDN'T be in the top 10, because the scoring system took 3 sorties, and is easily tampered with. The changes I am proposing or wishing for or whatever, MAKE IT HARDER to game the system.

So no, not even close. Please try and read it again.  I DO want to be challenged to earn rank, I just proved its stupid easy to game it, which is why I am asking for change.

You say people will find a way but there is no way around K/D, you get them or you don't. There is no way around Total kills, you get them or you don't. Unless you cheat with extra accounts (which should be bannable)

As far as time played, it's not the 700 hour players fault that you can't play as much, If he is dedicating more time to the game and beating you in all the stats, that's the objective way to display his ranking. Play more or just realize that your limited play time keeps your from competing for the rank you want and live with it.

So because I have a family and work for a living i cant be ranked as high as some kid playing 700 hours in his mom's basement? I'm no superstar, but I'm better than average. Why shouldn't I have the same chance to rank high?  I pay the same subscription you do.

Making the scoring flat and simple doesn't take these other things into consideration.  HTC has built this system the way they have and know the math behind it. If you want to be on the top you have to work for, much like anything else in life.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:56:53 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2014, 01:16:10 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:57:34 PM by Skuzzy »
AoM
City of ice

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member