Author Topic: to ho or not to ho  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: to ho or not to ho
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2014, 01:47:17 AM »
I forget who his butt buddy is but I am sure they both will learn in time that the whole chest thumping doesn't work around here until you can back it up.  ;)

Oh, I challenged said raging pilot to the DA and gave him a chance to redeem himself. He turned me down instantaneously. Not that it's surprising in any way, shape, or form. ;)
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2014, 02:06:34 AM »
Try doing that to someone who is of equal skill if not better?

Besides Fugitive could care less if you think you are better then him, you are trying to troll a long time vet of AH you think he would really respond let alone give you the time?

You keep trying to tell us that you don't care what we think then why does every post from you sound like it?
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2014, 02:24:42 AM »
I forget who his butt buddy is but I am sure they both will learn in time that the whole chest thumping doesn't work around here until you can back it up.  ;)
Who the hell are they?

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2014, 06:15:35 AM »
Who the hell are they?

better yet who cares, like bone said they're just thumping there chests lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2014, 07:02:00 AM »
To HO or not to HO?
That is the question.
Whether t'is nobler in the mind to suffer the rubbish on 200 or inane PM's from dolts,
After you face spray them to oblivion,
Or act mightier than the rest with the "I never HO" rant.

Just HO. They have all the time in the world to complain when they're returning to the fight.
The same crew have been complaining about front end shots for at least the six years I've been pretending to fly. God knows how long before they've been pleading their virtue.

Fly what you want to fly, fight how you want to fight and shoot where you want to shoot. If you enjoy it more than the other guy, you've already won.

Dig it.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2014, 07:42:49 AM »
I wish we could discuss tactics and ACM rather than hijack everyone's thread about who thinks they are good and all the roadkill banter going back a forth in the OPs post about a simple question. This crap is getting really really old. No one can even read about the damn topic because we seem think who's ever nuts hang lower is what matters in every GD topic.

Don't HO OP. Learn ACM 1v1 in the DA.

Take my advice or you will continue to get shot down when you could have gained the advantage and received a more satisfying and safe kill. All of these people who recommend HOing haven't played the game long enough and do not understand how stupid of a tactic it is.

I was new one time too and tried to learn how to "HO" successfully. Trust me, it is a joke. I laugh when people attempt to HO because I know they will lose. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2014, 07:51:25 AM »
Who the hell are they?

This summers crop of wannabes is all.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2014, 08:36:42 AM »
  with the skill level in this game and me now entering my 4 month playing and starting to feel comfortable flying i run into this question . i have been told hos are bad and show no skill so i dont even if the odds are against me. as of late im getting tired of being mr nice guy. last night  with 3 against me alone i tun into a fight knowing the odds and the first guy hoes me and i have no chance to work on my skills. so afterwards i send a pm  hey dont you have any skill?  with the learning curve as high as it is i think its time to stand up against these score hungry chest beaters. or should i forget what i have been told and just play cutthroat because it sure is getting frustrating.

Many don't like being HO'd because it doesn't give them a chance to fight without either sustaining serious damage or simply dying.   I only HO if the setting is right.

#1  Outnumbered by at least 4 to 1 without any advantage or edge on my part, with all 4 actively attacking me, not just in the area .  :P
#2  If I have sustained damage that will not allow me to turn with the plane(s) I am fighting with, and this will (probably) be the only shot I get on them before I die.

Most of the time it's a split second decision. I don't mind getting HO'd and killed every now and then. I think what agitates players to throwing their joysticks at the wall, is when players decide to HO everytime they get within range of someone else.

:cheers:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2014, 08:47:11 AM »
Try doing that to someone who is of equal skill if not better?

Ah, so we can agree they are not of equal skill or better. I rest my case... ;)
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2014, 09:08:39 AM »
If you open the fight with a HO against me, then the fights over and I just fly away, heck, I figure you didn't want a fight anyway, you just wanted a kill at all costs.  I've got no interest in playing chicken.  If we are in a fight and you HO, the first one I chalk down as a mistake or just bad timing, the second one, fights over and I just fly away.  I'm in no hurry to get a kill and don't care what my kill per hour is, so I understand this option is not for everyone.
Says the guy who enters the fight at 30K and only shoots AFK players in the back...  :cheers:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2014, 09:16:09 AM »
Says the guy who enters the fight at 30K and only shoots AFK players in the back...  :cheers:

It's how he plays the game. I have film of him diving on my pony twice and getting no where but closer to in trouble. He bugged out. Was I bummed he ran? Yup, but its how he likes to fight. At least he didn't try to ho me. I can respect that any way.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2014, 10:55:09 AM »
Ah, so we can agree they are not of equal skill or better. I rest my case... ;)
Try doing that to someone who is of equal skill.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2014, 12:06:38 PM »
Any shot is fine, including head on's.

Keep in mind that people who complain about head on's are all fine with head on's that they take against bombers or Storches.  Do bombers or Storches have better ability than fighters to defend themselves from the front or to evade head-on shots?  No.

People who complain about head on's include people who aren't thinking of history (where head on's were completely acceptable, common shots); people who want to fly around with impunity at 50-100 mph in turny planes (for which you will only ever see the nose); and people who think that landing a head-on shot takes no skill or is high probability (which is incorrect, unless the target foolishly doesn't maneuver to get out of the way).

Don't fall for flying the way someone else wants you to fly.  Fly the way that you want to fly.  Take the shots you want to take.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2014, 12:48:57 PM »

Its really simple, if you fly towards me i will pull the trigger,you can either break or pull the trigger too.
  The choice is up to you.

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 02:37:22 PM »
Any shot is fine, including head on's.

Keep in mind that people who complain about head on's are all fine with head on's that they take against bombers or Storches.  Do bombers or Storches have better ability than fighters to defend themselves from the front or to evade head-on shots?  No.

People who complain about head on's include people who aren't thinking of history (where head on's were completely acceptable, common shots); people who want to fly around with impunity at 50-100 mph in turny planes (for which you will only ever see the nose); and people who think that landing a head-on shot takes no skill or is high probability (which is incorrect, unless the target foolishly doesn't maneuver to get out of the way).

Don't fall for flying the way someone else wants you to fly.  Fly the way that you want to fly.  Take the shots you want to take.
if you try to HO my storch I will fly you into the ground :D
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait