Author Topic: AoM+Friends vs The Damned 5v5  (Read 8368 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: AoM+Friends vs The Damned 5v5
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2014, 11:19:09 AM »
Or you don't want to look: your claim is 4v1, to make us look bad, hubris and humility huh?

Foot meet mouth.

Quit trying to divert, you were wrong just admit it :)

Looking forward to many more matches to come, with you guys or anyone else for that matter.

A public compliment to a great pilot that truly enabled the series victory.  You really are insecure aren't you?  It doesn't always have to be about you! Lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2014, 11:19:55 AM »
A public compliment to a great pilot that truly enabled the series victory.  You really are insecure aren't you?  It doesn't always have to be about you! Lol

Secure people don't curse ad naseum on a private forum about other squads.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »
How does it make me "feel"? What is this, Dr. Phil hour? How would a winning or losing a game cause anyone to "feel" a certain way, outside of the camaraderie of teamwork? It doesn't make me "feel" any way. With a question like that, I'd have to ask you - do you seriously attach emotions to a video game?

The fights were awesome fights and very challenging. We flew a wide assortment of planes - well, sort of. In fact, it was clear that the pickup players, specifically JB11, were the linchpin of tournament. If it was up to me, I'd nominate JB11 as MVP.

Yes.  You were dominant in Kings of the Sky (KOTS) in your former game (Fighter Ace), which stressed teamwork and effective communication in order to prevail.  I would figure losing to a pickup crew in your new game (which you started November 21, 2013) would have stung a little since you've stressed many times (in many posts) how such things are important to you.

I propose the next match we spice things up a bit.  Each side can pick two planes the other side CANNOT pick.  If it's variety you're after, that would help.  

<3

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2014, 11:23:01 AM »
Fellers... lets bring this back to a positive vibe. :D

Lazer is correct.  I <3 you all.  Thanks.   :)

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2014, 11:23:49 AM »

Sure they do when they know it's being read!  All the more enthusiasm!!  Gets the blood pumping.  If you were ever an athlete, you'd understand that, lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2014, 11:25:11 AM »

I second the motion!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »

What do they do then?   Talk trash on 200 nonstop?    :D
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2014, 11:27:30 AM »
I second the motion!

TC

At least men can dream....
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2014, 11:36:59 AM »
A public compliment to a great pilot that truly enabled the series victory.  You really are insecure aren't you?  It doesn't always have to be about you! Lol

Negative sir, I just see you for what you are, and what you try to imply. If you are trying to compliment him, it sure doesn't look like it,  I think we have given him more props than anyone else in this thread.

Yet again , you won't admit your wrong, and I don't that you will, you keep avoiding addressing the video, you keep trying to avoid/divert attention to something else,  It's right there in your face, you exaggerate , you get called on it and can't prove otherwise.

Like I said, good fights. Looking forward to many more matches.

Once again : http://youtu.be/E8tAZJsPDdQ

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2014, 11:43:32 AM »
Yes.  You were dominant in Kings of the Sky (KOTS) in your former game (Fighter Ace), which stressed teamwork and effective communication in order to prevail.  I would figure losing to a pickup crew in your new game (which you started November 21, 2013) would have stung a little since you've stressed many times (in many posts) how such things are important to you.

And it would have stung, why? This is our first match in a new game with new rules, and the first of many. If you think losing predominantly in planes we've never flown before "stings," you're gravely mistaken. We could care less. In fact, we quite enjoyed the event.

I propose the next match we spice things up a bit.  Each side can pick two planes the other side CANNOT pick.  If it's variety you're after, that would help.  

Thanks for the suggestion. We're still evaluating rules to be neutral and yet still allow each side a degree of familiarity. We'll let you know how that goes.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2014, 11:43:58 AM »
Please stop spamming you're pointless video it hurts my eyes to look at such stupid.  :bhead
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2014, 12:01:07 PM »
And it would have stung, why? This is our first match in a new game with new rules, and the first of many. If you think losing predominantly in planes we've never flown before "stings," you're gravely mistaken. We could care less. In fact, we quite enjoyed the event.

One (of many) of your Kings of the Sky (KOTS) references from your talk about FA (Fighter Ace):

More to the point, our squadron won more KOTS competitions throughout the history of Fighter Ace than all other squadrons (at least in FA 2.0 and forward). That can be verified by any squadron who participated long-term or prior @FA individuals who officiated the events. Our squadron was the reason that the rules for KOTS were changed on multiple occasions, because at one time we literally ran almost every squad out of KOTS. We ended up dual-enrolling our own squadron under hider names because no one would fight us.

If I'd have taken the time to type that out, I'd be proud of it.  Losing in a similar competition to a group that never flies together would sting. 

Thanks for the suggestion. We're still evaluating rules to be neutral and yet still allow each side a degree of familiarity. We'll let you know how that goes.

So basically, our pickup squad is the reason you're reevaluating your rules?
      -AoM-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »
Please stop spamming you're pointless video it hurts my eyes to look at such stupid.  :bhead

You're right, I shouldn't try and call him on his bs using concrete evidence.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
One (of many) of your Kings of the Sky (KOTS) references from your talk about FA (Fighter Ace):

If I'd have taken the time to type that out, I'd be proud of it.  Losing in a similar competition to a group that never flies together would sting.  

Why would we care about losing our FIRST competition in a game, flying as a reformed squad (keep in mind that Fighter Ace was nearly five years ago now) primarily due to flying a plane we've never flown (P-38)? The fact that we won all but one round in planes that we had flown previously (as well as planes that the other team had ALL flown previously) was actually verification for us and an indicator of what's to come.

So basically, our pickup squad is the reason you're reevaluating your rules?

First things first, you weren't there (and you've repeatedly declined to accept our 2v2) - so it wasn't "your" pickup squad.

Secondly, no, we're not reevaluating the rules because of "you." We're looking at all aspects and seeing what went right vs what went wrong. For example, fuel loads - should one be set? Or should it remain at pilot's discretion? Rearms? Do we change planes? Or do we randomly pick a plane and stay in it for every sortie. Etc. We're interested primarily in fair, neutral play for both sides.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:11:37 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »

:cheers:
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.