Author Topic: AoM+Friends vs The Damned 5v5  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: AoM+Friends vs The Damned 5v5
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2014, 12:09:54 PM »
For example, fuel loads - should one be set?

I vote "Yes"....if only to act as guardrails for the mathmatically challenged.  :bhead :bhead :bhead
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »
The great thing about SDL is that there are already rules and we even have refs to stop all these silly disputes and arguments.

:rolleyes:

I will let you girls finish arguing though. Believe it or not I used to be exactly like all of you, constantly trying to prove a point over the INTERNET. The interweb is such a great invention and should get a Grammy for Best Comedy 2014. Cause coming to bbs.hitechcreations.com has enough enjoyment and petty fights to last decades and centuries to come.

Off to chow I go  :bolt:
Top Gun

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »
Why would I care about losing a FIRST competition in a game, primarily due to flying a plane we've never flown (P-38)? The fact that we won all but one round in planes that we had flown previously was actually verification.

So you wouldn't have lost if the 38 wasn't selected?  How would AoM and Friends have done if you guys would have stayed out of the LA and Dora?  

First things first, you weren't there (and you've repeatedly declined to accept our 2v2) - so it wasn't "your" pickup squad.

Secondly, no, we're not reevaluating the rules because of "you." We're looking at all aspects and seeing what went right vs what went wrong. For example, fuel loads - should one be set? Or should it remain at pilot's discretion? Rearms? Etc. We're interested primarily in fair, neutral play for both sides.

You're uninformed.  I told Kruel I'd be on this evening in this thread.  Do I need to submit a dueling acceptance letter?  lol

If you're reevaluating the rules right after you lost, it would appear you're reevaluating the rules because our pickup squad beat your squad.  

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2014, 12:19:45 PM »
Negative sir, I just see you for what you are, and what you try to imply. If you are trying to compliment him, it sure doesn't look like it,  I think we have given him more props than anyone else in this thread.

Yet again , you won't admit your wrong, and I don't that you will, you keep avoiding addressing the video, you keep trying to avoid/divert attention to something else,  It's right there in your face, you exaggerate , you get called on it and can't prove otherwise.

Like I said, good fights. Looking forward to many more matches.

Once again : http://youtu.be/E8tAZJsPDdQ

So. Now you're telling me what I think?  Pffft

Who here thinks Changeup minces words?  If I intended insult I'd just insult you.  I'm not passive aggressive.  You need look no further than my past posts.  Stop blathering about right and wrong and your other weak hypothesis.

Believe me, when I want to insult you,  I won't disguise it.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2014, 12:23:40 PM »
So you wouldn't have lost if the 38 wasn't selected?  How would AoM and Friends have done if you guys would have stayed out of the LA and Dora?

Good question! We can use the Yak-3 duel for review (a plane which few of us fly, if at all). We won 5-0 or 4-1 (at most we lost one - I'll have to check and see if I filmed it).

If you're reevaluating the rules right after you lost, it would appear you're reevaluating the rules because our pickup squad beat your squad.  

Again, it wasn't "your" squad. Nice try, though. Repeat a lie enough and...  :lol

We'd be reevaluating the rules even if we had won. As stated, we intend for this to be a long-term event. Our first match was a dry-run of sorts, as we issued the impromptu invitation over 200. At the very least, we'll want a private room for this match in the future, so we'll have to evaluate the layout and makeup for that as well.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »
Good question! We can use the Yak-3 duel for review (a plane which few of us fly, if at all). We won 5-0 or 4-1 (at most we lost one - I'll have to check and see if I filmed it).

Again, it wasn't "your" squad. Nice try, though. Repeat a lie enough and...  :lol

We'd be reevaluating the rules even if we had won. As stated, we intend for this to be a long-term event. Our first match was a dry-run of sorts, as we issued the impromptu invitation over 200. At the very least, we'll want a private room for this match in the future, so we'll have to evaluate the layout and makeup for that as well.

STOP TRYING TO RE-CREATE SQUAD DUELING LEAGUE  :furious
Top Gun

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2014, 12:26:25 PM »
STOP TRYING TO RE-CREATE SQUAD DUELING LEAGUE  :furious

SDL died. Deal with it. ;)

We're doing this our way now.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2014, 12:27:40 PM »
Why would we care about losing our FIRST competition in a game, flying as a reformed squad (keep in mind that Fighter Ace was nearly five years ago now) primarily due to flying a plane we've never flown (P-38)? The fact that we won all but one round in planes that we had flown previously (as well as planes that the other team had ALL flown previously) was actually verification for us and an indicator of what's to come.

First things first, you weren't there (and you've repeatedly declined to accept our 2v2) - so it wasn't "your" pickup squad.

Secondly, no, we're not reevaluating the rules because of "you." We're looking at all aspects and seeing what went right vs what went wrong. For example, fuel loads - should one be set? Or should it remain at pilot's discretion? Rearms? Do we change planes? Or do we randomly pick a plane and stay in it for every sortie. Etc. We're interested primarily in fair, neutral play for both sides.

That being said, the merges as well, when is the first merge compete? Some if the merges felt odd because I personally had crossed 2-3 other 3-9 lines but still had people in front of me, the planes I crossed reversed, and I did as well, giving the ones in front my 6,

Would everyone have to cross everyone (much harder to to enforce via film or after the first 2 planes merge is it a go?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:31:10 PM by Kruel »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2014, 12:29:11 PM »
That being said, the merges as well, when is the first merge compete? Some if the merges felt odd because I personally had crossed 2-3 other 3-9 lines but still had people in front of me,

Would everyone have to cross everyone (much harder to to enforce via film or after the first 2 planes merge is it a go?

Good point - I forgot about the issues with the merges. Iko got pissed that he died 3 times in a row and decided to shoot on the last merge (which we have film of, and ChangeUp acknowledged happened as well). We almost DQ'd that fight, but decided to let it go and address disqualification rules going forward.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2014, 12:30:22 PM »
Secondly, no, we're not reevaluating the rules because of "you." We're looking at all aspects and seeing what went right vs what went wrong. For example, fuel loads - should one be set? Or should it remain at pilot's discretion? Rearms?

If you're going to duel in the DA, it is best to agree to fuel load before the fight.  The fuel rate burn in the DA is different than the MA, it's set at 1x fuel burn rate compared to the 2x burn rate in the MA.  Which means that if you don't agree and pick different fuel loads, the one with the lightest load will have that much more significant advantage over the one with the larger fuel load, much more so than in the MA.  That's why 25% is the most common fuel load picked in the DA.

Rearming isn't all that common in DA duels, it's rather pointless.  It's quicker to just auger after the match and get a new plane and since score is absolutely meaningless in the DA, only tools land their kills in there.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2014, 12:46:08 PM »
The great thing about SDL is that there are already rules and we even have refs to stop all these silly disputes and arguments.

I've mentioned the established SDL rules would be a good place to start....but your point concerning refs is non sequitur.  "Refs" are typically used during the execution of an event, not during the post event analysis.  

That said, a ref might have been useful during the match, which was largely drama free except at the end when there was a dispute concerning an early shot that may or may not have been taken before the merge.  I saw it, it was close, but on reflection I think it was more a misunderstanding or liberal interpretation of the rules than an actual overt violation.  The plane who did it crossed the 3-9 line of the lead element of planes in our formation,  pulled up sharply and tried to take a forward quarter shot on a plane in the second element. I was in the last element so it happened in front of me.  

I still think it wasn't a true violation, but I know it caused a bit of controversy.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2014, 12:57:53 PM »
AckAck will ref the upcoming SDL Part Deux?    :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2014, 01:49:11 PM »
So. Now you're telling me what I think?  Pffft

Who here thinks Changeup minces words?  If I intended insult I'd just insult you.  I'm not passive aggressive.  You need look no further than my past posts.  Stop blathering about right and wrong and your other weak hypothesis.

Believe me, when I want to insult you,  I won't disguise it.

Not sure, why you think this is about insults, I'm not insulted at all, rofl.  If you need to ask anyone else to affirm to me if you mince words or not is your choice.

Weak hypothesis? Let's see..

You state the first match was epic because we got beat in a 4v1. Which is a pretty passive aggressive way of trying to marginalize our performance in that match.

My 'hypothesis' states that it wasn't a 4v1 at all and I present evidence to the contrary in the form of a video.

A hypothesis + irrefutable evidence = fact, no?

You can't bring yourself to simply say that you are wrong.

Instead you try to save face by trolling and completely disregarding addressing the film that proves you wrong.

I realize that this exercise is inconsequential to the end result of the match, but the opportunity to expose you as a troll/liar was too juicy  to pass up, it only took a little common sense,Fraps, Sony Vegas, 15 minutes of my time. Well worth it.

=S=
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:51:59 PM by Kruel »

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2014, 01:51:18 PM »
This thread is loaded with bruised egos and people with a chip on the shoulder. Can we possibly act civil so when the new graphics come out we don't scare new players away?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2014, 02:00:47 PM »
This thread is loaded with bruised egos and people with a chip on the shoulder. Can we possibly act civil so when the new graphics come out we don't scare new players away?

I disagree. A little competition with some smack talk afterwards is what this game needs. God forbid it go back to being wallflower paradise.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...