Author Topic: Jug Instructions  (Read 10947 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Jug Instructions
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2015, 06:13:08 PM »
Those maneuvers can all be done in real aircraft and they aren't that hard on the pilot because the pilot is near the pivot point. Check out Rob Holland on utube. The tough part is pulling g and neg g in turns. Seeing an AH highlight video may create a false impression. I played with Lepape2 in the TA enough to respect his abilities and understand the limitations of those maneuvers. I never recommend them as a substitute for ACM. BTW that's me and Lapape in my current avatar. Tricks are fun but they aren't an example of going beyond the data. Tricks are just another expression of performance. Performance is described by data. Practice is optimized when you know what to practice and why.

P-47M        http://youtu.be/YuTycIGXfno

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:09:34 PM by FLS »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2015, 09:28:18 PM »
OK we'll just go with "as the instructor you can never be wrong" and so I won't press the point. As I said this being a game it is as far from real life. Much like a guy swinging an 8 foot sword like it was a saber. There are things you can do here that you couldn't in real life.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2015, 10:17:54 PM »
OK we'll just go with "as the instructor you can never be wrong" and so I won't press the point. As I said this being a game it is as far from real life. Much like a guy swinging an 8 foot sword like it was a saber. There are things you can do here that you couldn't in real life.

Let's go with the trainer sometimes knows what he's talking about. You can press your point, just support it with something.

The real deal.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRz6JpPrESE
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:57:20 AM by FLS »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2015, 10:37:44 PM »
how about this?

I will go up against anyone needing help in the P47(whatever model) with the same, I will go up against whatever P47model one needs help with with the Ki84, and I will do the same viceversa! in the TA

after that, and if you think you really know your plane, I will oblige you to the DA so you can really kill me!

but lets please understand, that I have no ego to polish in this game, but I am here to help one learn their favorite plane........too many in here are letting their thoughts over ride their actual knowledge!

TC

( has seen a lot of contradicting info in this thread, that he feels he should offer a helping hand )

only here to help, Let's see if I can be of any help!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:05:43 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:05 AM »
I just wanna do that stall flippy thing.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2015, 12:53:15 AM »
Stick to lower-left corner, rudder full right, keep throttle open - hold and be amazed.

The speed should be rather lowish, get your nose a little above the horizon and pop out a notch or two of flaps - these factors help to make it a cleaner maneuver and a quick recovery.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2015, 12:56:59 AM »

Start by going almost straight up. Use 2 notches flaps. When speed drops to around 150 push full left stick then straight back while holding full left. At the same time you pull the stick back add full right rudder. Once you rotate play with the throttle and controls to stop the rotation and recover the stall. Once you get a feel for it you can use different climb angles, speeds and flap settings. Every aircraft responds differently and not all of them will do it. You can see some variations in my other airshow videos. We can't do the tumbles that Rob Holland does at this time but I'm hoping in the future they will be possible.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2015, 07:34:24 AM »
In my experience, if the fight get's under 200 IAS, all the P-47 models will turn inside a P-51 in about 1.5 to 2 turns. . . .

Ammo, is this with flaps?  How much flap if it is?

In regards to AH modeling and data,  when I have dug deep into a planes performance information, I came out pleasantly surprised that HTC had incorporated so much detail in their models.  I am guessing their total plane performance data base may be the best in the world.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:46:29 AM by Randy1 »

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2015, 09:53:16 AM »
Ammo, is this with flaps?  How much flap if it is?

In regards to AH modeling and data,  when I have dug deep into a planes performance information, I came out pleasantly surprised that HTC had incorporated so much detail in their models.  I am guessing their total plane performance data base may be the best in the world.

1-2 flaps usually allows me to outturn the pony in any jug
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2015, 12:03:53 PM »
Tried to spin it in the TA and then used it s couple of times in the MA. It's fun to do as a last ditch defense and it did help me avoid some cons for a moment or two. Mostly  it's just fun.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2015, 12:06:16 PM »

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2015, 08:33:06 PM »
Muzzy you should hang with the 56th if your Into jugs.....
Convergence better at one point 300 in my opinion.

Jug especially in MA can surprise a lot of the Turners and rocket propelled cannon rides (la-7). I came upon INk two weeks ago. JUG vs Ki84 around 10k.  I went super aggressive on him and could tell who ever was flying the KI84 knew what they were doing. I attempted a few snapshots ,missed cut my losses and flew away.  Staying would have put me within his envelope.  I checked film later to see who it was. That's how I see any encounter going with the two planes and cartoon pilots who are familiar with their planes.
I FLy JUgs and that's about it and have gotten comfortable doing it. 

Hub <S>
Hope to see ya out there!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:45:00 PM by Jed »

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2015, 11:48:15 PM »
Ammo, is this with flaps?  How much flap if it is?

Yes sir, with flaps.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2015, 02:22:35 AM »
Randy, generally never more than 3 notches. 
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2015, 08:14:33 AM »
Randy, generally never more than 3 notches.

Thanks Ammo.