Author Topic: Can we please...  (Read 7021 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Can we please...
« on: November 17, 2015, 04:31:01 PM »
First off yes this is a whine thread.

Do something to 5" AA guns as to where they aren't so damn easy? Literally point and click, and when the round is close it explodes? So gamey, and ruins fights when they can pick you off 10k away.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Can we please...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 04:46:17 PM »

Do something to 5" AA guns as to where they aren't so damn easy? Literally point and click, and when the round is close it explodes? So gamey, and ruins fights when they can pick you off 10k away.

Wish List

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 05:06:48 PM »

With the Low numbers in the MA lets go a step further...Man guns not useable until FH are dropped at a airfield. No guns enabled on CV other then HE guns.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 05:27:16 PM »
first of all bring rockets, stay away at a safe distance.  then wait till waystin2 deacks the entire base.  then use rockets to rocket vulch those in the manned acks that are now upping planes.

I get plenty of kills like that.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »

You're not gonna like the new base type in the alpha. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 07:15:33 PM »

Hi Jo,

If you are getting "picked off" by CV puffy ack at 10K away, it was likely auto-ack not manned ack (and probably someone was awarded a proxy on you when you blew up, so you thought it was manned).  In this case, this is an auto-ack complaint, not related to manned ack. 

I make the distinction because I agree auto-ack should not be so lethal to fighters, especially at distance and especially maneuvering in combat, for many reasons based both on game-play and on reality.  I pointed these reasons out when I lobbied (in the wishlist forum) a while back and we got the auto-ack toned down a bit, as HT added more variance due to speed and direction change (IIRC).   

That said, we do need manned ack to protect CV's and CV operations, as Carriers are ridiculously (unrealistically) easy to kill already.  Personally, I hope we see MORE ack at bases in the new version so that Aces High is less about de-acking and vulching bases (see Semp's comment as an example) and more about combat maneuvering.  I dislike vulching as a general practice, so I have personally taken it upon myself to familiarize myself and become effective with all the various ack guns in game.  I spend a good amount of time in them to target vulchers specifically. 

For this reason, I know your example is an exaggeration of the effectiveness of manned ack.  First, you can't see cons at 10K away from a 5" gun -- you don't get an icon at that distance.  How do you "point and click" at something you can't see?  In reality, it requires a good amount of luck to hit someone who is maneuvering beyond 3K away.  It takes some measure of practice and skill to hit cons that are straight and level at 5K or beyond.  It's certainly not as "easy" or "point and click" as you claim.

Don't agree?  Show me your films of getting easy point and click kills on fighters 10K away.  Actually, show me consistent "easy" kills at 6K away and I'll change my opinion.  Until then, I know better.

Yes, it's annoying to take those puffy ack hits, but such is the price for racking up kills on those low, slow, often heavy, carrier-based planes.

<S>
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:35:23 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 11:41:06 PM »
   Of all the gamey crap that goes on in this game... I don't get the 5" guns?  I wouldn't think they're THAT far off.  I mean, I've seen films... lotsa Kamikaze's got it before they could do any damage.  How about all the stick-stirring?  I've NEVER seen a guncam from WW2 in which the target was jerking around & throwing hard -Gs like a spastic buffoon.  Not once!  Bomber Dive-bombing/Suicide tard CV killers?  Or successfully level bombing a CV AT ALL?  Here's one even better, how many times was this ever the thinking of a WWII pilot?  "Hey, there's an enemy faster and higher than me, gotta get him on my 6 quick so I can stare at him until he starts to shoot and then pull a "very cartoon" radical maneuver?"  How many A/C models took critical damage every single time they got into an enema CV puffy-ack for any meaningful length of time? (and I mean like at 18k on the fringe of it's friggin range).

It's way way way too easy to kill a CV as it is.  I hate 5"s as much as the next guy, but why in the world give the suicide runners any more of an advantage than they already have?Gamey 5"ers?  Sure.  Why not? What's NOT gamey about this "GAME".   It's a game.  If it was a SIM, sure... but it aint, never was, never gonna be.   :aok
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 11:56:19 PM »
WHEN were the proxy fuses available for use???  Mid 44?  :headscratch:  Regardless, in the LWMA, you are stuck with it. :)  Blame history. :P  Just do what some here do, sink the carrier.  It'll solve your problem in at the longest, 10 minutes (unless the respawn time has changed).  Still have some of it to deal with unless you op to sink the entire TG. :)

Which leads me to an idea about the IJN CV's.  Since they wouldn't get proxy fuses, just allow their auto-puffy to go all the way down to the deck. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 12:24:01 AM »
You're not gonna like the new base type in the alpha. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
i have flown alpha haven't noticed why you are saying this?  :headscratch:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 12:25:06 AM »
Just sinking the carrier isn't easy when 5" guns pick you off before you have a chance.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 03:13:30 AM »
Just sinking the carrier isn't easy when 5" guns pick you off before you have a chance.

Maybe not for you, but just watch awhile.  It doesn't take MUCH work to learn how, and seeing how they fast they typically sink... well, it can't be that hard, too many people do it, too often.  If you hadn't noticed, not many people in AH do anything "hard" very long.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 03:51:46 AM »
Good Lord folks, open a phreeking history book on WWII once in awhile.

It happened in the war....ships, airfields, and bases under attack threw up a massive AAA.

Don't like it?  Don't fly so close to carrier groups, bases, airfields, or my wirbel.

Gawd is the Generation X & Y a bunch of whining candyarses.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 05:16:58 AM »
Vulcher's get their whine in about flak.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:31:40 AM by Randy1 »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 05:39:08 AM »
i have flown alpha haven't noticed why you are saying this?  :headscratch:

Not lately, I would guess  :D

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 06:57:40 AM »
That's a huge wall of text  :bolt: