Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 53844 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2017, 01:50:07 PM »
If steam will not allow a 2 week trial,

That is not up to Steam to decide, it is up to HTC.

What will happen to the current AH 2 week trial and free to play with a Steam gateway to our game?

It wouldn't go away unless HiTech decides to up the free trial from 2 weeks to 30 days.

Things will not change for the current players that wish to continue to play on the non-Steam version.  Things wouldn't change for those that decide to play the Steam version.  As HiTech pointed out, the Steam version will not replace the existing version of the game.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2017, 01:50:15 PM »
We also have the under-utilized AvA which offers historical match-up's. Still, if it gets green-lighted, we may see a significant bump in our membership. :pray
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »

My ears!  Yuck that's audio suicide.

There used to be a video about ten years ago set to the music of "praise the lord and pass the ammunition".   Always enjoyed that one, wish I could find it.

I love that song--because of the video.  It fits perfectly. 

This video is great.   Tells a story.  Has some suspense.   Impending doom.   A classic.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2017, 02:35:11 PM »
Then I would suggest "Hunter or Prey" to be correct.  I will put my grammar nazi uniform away now.  Lol

The all-time best film is IL-2's "Come With Me" from years back.   I've never seen anything come close.   Wish someone could do something like that for AH3. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyClg6rkGhg

the water we nave now looks better.  the clouds in il2 are better.  at a distance, our new clouds look good, the transition to higher detail is not so good.  what i like about the il2 cloud is how it remains diffuse from distance to up close.  at close range the "white" fades to a misty fog well like in real life.  you know, get real close to a cloud and it is not there.  seems to me the high detail/close up clouds in aces high are two dense, like splattered paint vs. sprayed paint.  much else looks the same, minus the 1 vs. one thing.   ;)

:salute

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2017, 02:43:28 PM »
Voted.  I think it's worth exploring and getting Greenlit doesn't mean you have to go through with it if you change your mind.

Then I would suggest "Hunter or Prey" to be correct.  I will put my grammar nazi uniform away now.  Lol

The all-time best film is IL-2's "Come With Me" from years back.   I've never seen anything come close.   Wish someone could do something like that for AH3. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyClg6rkGhg

I'd add that the best produced IL-2 videos I've personllay seen came from a guy who goes by SixtyGallons on his Youtube channel.  He hasn't done anything new from in a few years, but each machinima video he did was excellent--each was an epic little saga, really.  Maybe look him up and hire him to do some video promo work on contract? (IMO, he's got to have some professional video production/editing experience).  Here's the link to his YT channel--it's worth watching these: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-0d3UcocatSP2rJU8VD7RQ

BTW, don't forget Steam user reviews/ratings folks.  Bad reviews from new players could be detrimental if they think AH or the AH crowd stinks, so everyone  play nice with the new kids.

FWIW
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2017, 02:58:49 PM »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2017, 03:28:12 PM »
I love that song--because of the video.  It fits perfectly. 

This video is great.   Tells a story.  Has some suspense.   Impending doom.   A classic.

The song from Led Zeppelin is Kashmir, which is wonderful, but that crap is just that, crap.  you cannot improve on perfection, should have just used the original, not the rip off.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2017, 03:29:12 PM »
should have just used the original

Would not have worked that well, in the context of this video.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2017, 03:39:56 PM »
the water we nave now looks better.  the clouds in il2 are better.  at a distance, our new clouds look good, the transition to higher detail is not so good.  what i like about the il2 cloud is how it remains diffuse from distance to up close.  at close range the "white" fades to a misty fog well like in real life.  you know, get real close to a cloud and it is not there.  seems to me the high detail/close up clouds in aces high are two dense, like splattered paint vs. sprayed paint.  much else looks the same, minus the 1 vs. one thing.   ;)

:salute

That video is about ten years old. 

We need a storyline like this one in a video for AH3. 

”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »
The song from Led Zeppelin is Kashmir, which is wonderful, but that crap is just that, crap.  you cannot improve on perfection, should have just used the original, not the rip off.

That's all Puff Diddly does.  Ripoffs. 

It's still better than any AH video I've seen.   Well thought out.  Well put together. 
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »
Voted.  I think it's worth exploring and getting Greenlit doesn't mean you have to go through with it if you change your mind.

I'd add that the best produced IL-2 videos I've personllay seen came from a guy who goes by SixtyGallons on his Youtube channel.  He hasn't done anything new from in a few years, but each machinima video he did was excellent--each was an epic little saga, really.  Maybe look him up and hire him to do some video promo work on contract? (IMO, he's got to have some professional video production/editing experience).  Here's the link to his YT channel--it's worth watching these: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-0d3UcocatSP2rJU8VD7RQ

BTW, don't forget Steam user reviews/ratings folks.  Bad reviews from new players could be detrimental if they think AH or the AH crowd stinks, so everyone  play nice with the new kids.

FWIW

I will check it out.  Thanks for the suggestion.
”KILLER V”

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2017, 03:49:16 PM »
I will check it out.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Here's the direct link to the videos page of his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sixtygallons/videos

Have fun; they're good!
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »
 We do need great vids on that stream page
That's the hook...the bait should be BIG and shtinky
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2017, 04:36:00 PM »
I would gladly donate said films for a video. I got a hours worth of match play matches. And some ma action.  Plenty of ACM
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2017, 04:43:36 PM »
The real problem is that the learning curve for using our film view for cinematic films is steep.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com