Author Topic: Penalty For Bomb And Bail  (Read 6719 times)

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
Re: Penalty For Bomb And Bail
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2017, 09:42:23 PM »
If the guy bails and you're within icon range you should get proxies. 

That puts a condition on each pilot. 

Fighter - get in and stay in range before bail. 

Bomber - if you bail when a fighter is in icon range its because you're a massive girl and the fear of combat is too much for you. 

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2017, 07:02:56 AM »
Or you're out of ammo/guns.  :(

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2017, 01:47:34 PM »
how bout this.

You bomb, you bail with no damage to you aircraft = ground damage sticks with very reduced downtime you get no bomber score no perks and does not show as a successful sortie. simply just another death as if you augered on take off.

but, if you have taken damage and forced to bail then score/kills/perks stick.

should be the same for fighters too.

and double bomber perks for the guys who fly in the goons!  with credit for a base capture noted in their score. (these guys are team players and deserve to be recognized)

just a thought.

Petey 56th
Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2017, 07:33:48 PM »
Or you're out of ammo/guns.  :(
There's always ramming!! :)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2017, 04:14:33 AM »
HiTech's post about his suggested change years ago: 
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,71494.msg673964.html#msg673964

Looks to be more addressing suicide bombers, I don't think it would help at all for bailers out of proxy range.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2017, 08:27:51 AM »
It would be far easier to perk bombs and leave it at that. Would eliminate any issues about bomb-n-bail forever.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2017, 08:45:27 AM »
It would be far easier to perk bombs and leave it at that. Would eliminate any issues about bomb-n-bail forever.

So you have to gun targets down in a bomber to afford your first bombs?  Perking drones was another idea tossed around, but that also penalizes new players.  The least intrusive (and easiest to code) would be to count a bail with enemies around as a "shot down".
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2017, 10:24:13 AM »
People bomb and bail in JUGS, P-51's, Corsairs, and P-38's - not just bombers.  Last night I was chasing a P-51 who went after ordinance at our field - and he immediately lawndarted after dropping his bombs. If his bombs were perked, I'd think he would think twice before ditching.

So you have to gun targets down in a bomber to afford your first bombs?  Perking drones was another idea tossed around, but that also penalizes new players.  The least intrusive (and easiest to code) would be to count a bail with enemies around as a "shot down".

To resolve that issue - just merge all perk points into one.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2017, 10:42:23 AM »
Perking ordnance is a bad idea, it only hurts new players and it would discourage jettison ords when you are in trouble.  You are talking about suicide bombers, HiTech's fix for that would work.  In the case of suiciders you still get a kill as you are typically within 2.5k.  I think the proxy range should be increased though.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2017, 10:51:16 AM »
Perking bomber drones for a very low value does not penalize new players. The lead is free and just one successful drop will allow taking drones again. We played this game for many years before drones were introduced. They are not a requirement.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
im ok with drone perks

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2017, 04:46:26 PM »
Another popular ww2 aviation game has a mechanic where you need to hold a key for a duration to bail out, and can only do so if your plane has suffered massive damage.

I dont see a problem adapting this to AH3. Fighters rarely bail out meaningfully and bombers abuse the bail mechanic to waste peoples time.

Thoughts? This may be extra work for HTC but it could solve the problem.
Strokes

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2017, 05:26:44 PM »
Another popular ww2 aviation game has a mechanic where you need to hold a key for a duration to bail out, and can only do so if your plane has suffered massive damage.

I dont see a problem adapting this to AH3. Fighters rarely bail out meaningfully and bombers abuse the bail mechanic to waste peoples time.

Thoughts? This may be extra work for HTC but it could solve the problem.

So they point the nose down until they meet Earth Mother's warm embrace instead.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2017, 05:47:52 PM »
So they point the nose down until they meet Earth Mother's warm embrace instead.

Wiley.

Normally a fighter can dive faster than a bomber, it'd still give the interceptor a chance to engage...
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2017, 06:58:00 PM »
Normally a fighter can dive faster than a bomber, it'd still give the interceptor a chance to engage...

Maybe but I can rip a bombers wings off and crash it pretty easily if I am of a mind to.