Author Topic: Penalty For Bomb And Bail  (Read 6710 times)

Offline FORK2

• Zinc Member
Re: Penalty For Bomb And Bail
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »
Agreed, chasing them for 30 min just to watch them bail is hugely aggravating. Back in the day it was no big deal because you had 4 more guys charging in and most do not bomb and bail.
 Now it is a problem. IDK the solution, my original comment was to just poke a little fun at the whole issue, I know I'm not going to feel its a problem unless everyone bombs and bails, which it would seem like everyone does, if one rook does it when there is only 4 rooks on of a morning.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2017, 09:34:04 AM »
any kind of punishment to a bomb and bailer, will probably drive that player away,
you are all trying to get people to play the game your way, and that is not right.
besides the idea of going after bombers in the 1st place is to intercept them before they drop, chasing them after they drop is just for fighter kills and perks, the bomber pilot has no responsibility to just sit there and let you try to shoot him down, after he or she drops his/her bombs, his/her job is over with. because they get their points if they land or not. yes they as you pay to play, but no one has to play the game the way you all want them to.

this thread should be locked because nothing is being accomplished here just a bunch of crying. :bolt:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline RedBeard

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2017, 09:36:10 PM »
I think you'll find that the Luftwaffe harassed the buffs both inbound and outbound.  You don't let the enemy go just because they dropped their bombs already.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2017, 09:50:33 PM »
Except in ah shooting the bombers dowb rtb allows him to up a new set earlier than having him fly back. The smart thing would be to let him go ans waste his time while he is harmless

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2017, 10:26:10 PM »
I think you'll find that the Luftwaffe harassed the buffs both inbound and outbound.  You don't let the enemy go just because they dropped their bombs already.

No, but thats because if they shot down an homebound bomber it would not return the day after, unlike the game where the supplies of fresh bombers are unlimited.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2017, 05:41:30 AM »
any kind of punishment to a bomb and bailer, will probably drive that player away,
you are all trying to get people to play the game your way, and that is not right.
besides the idea of going after bombers in the 1st place is to intercept them before they drop, chasing them after they drop is just for fighter kills and perks, the bomber pilot has no responsibility to just sit there and let you try to shoot him down, after he or she drops his/her bombs, his/her job is over with. because they get their points if they land or not. yes they as you pay to play, but no one has to play the game the way you all want them to.

this thread should be locked because nothing is being accomplished here just a bunch of crying. :bolt:

I think you are the only one defending them.  We arent asking for their ability to bail be removed, just to reward the interceptor if they choose to bail because they were intercepted.  If that drives away the player, so be it, they were cancerous anyway.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2017, 10:19:54 AM »
I think you are the only one defending them.  We arent asking for their ability to bail be removed, just to reward the interceptor if they choose to bail because they were intercepted.  If that drives away the player, so be it, they were cancerous anyway.

Not completely true. Some people went so far as to argue that bomber pilots should have to fly back to their base even if nobody was attacking them.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2017, 10:32:08 AM »

Root Problem vs Perceived Problem here.....

Perceived Problem: Bomber pilots bailing out of good airframes.
Root Problem: I'm investing my time to hunt them down and they negate MY time by bailing out.

Solution #1 = Stop expecting others in a sandbox to play "your" way. IT JUST WON'T HAPPEN.

Solution #2 =  Punish BnB'er via perk point drain (call it a parachute tax :D).

Solution #3 = Make the egregious BnB'er visible to all countries if they up the same load-out immediately after bailing from clean aircraft with no ords left.  :devil

I dunno, seems this game is all about "P8ssing in the other guys corn flakes".   :cool:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2017, 10:41:34 AM »

Spot on!

If you like chasing bombers, you should be looking for darbar headed toward strats.  Get them before they drop their ord.  If you assume a bomber will fly all the way back, that is on the chase plane pilot.  Not the BnB pilot. 

Heck, sometimes I think it is funny to take a nice fighter up to a strat posing as a bomber, just to get a fight.  I've seen some run or bail because they weren't chasing bombers...   LOL

Either way.  Spend less time worrying about what some bomber types are doing and focus on your game play.  Want to get the bombers?  Intercept them enroute.  Not on egress.  Two sides to the coin.  I've been chased across the map in my B29s before only to get friendlies to up and cover my landing as the vulch light was lit and I knew it.

DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2017, 11:07:24 AM »
Here are a few tips for bomber interception.

Be patient

Watch your map and anticipate where they will be going

Choose an appropriate aircraft for intercepting.

Climb very high and wait for them to arrive (30k)

Attack from the high 1:00 or high 11:00

On your first pass, ping all 3 aircraft in the formation (just in case they bail)

Kill them all before they drop

If at any time they bail, you win

If they have dropped and are RTB, kill 2 and let the last one go (to encourage their return)

If you are damaged and must be replane before killing them, never take off in a fresh aircraft and chase them again (it's my idea of good sportsmanship)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2017, 08:05:27 PM »
Here are a few tips for bomber interception.

Be patient

Watch your map and anticipate where they will be going

Choose an appropriate aircraft for intercepting.

Climb very high and wait for them to arrive (30k)

Attack from the high 1:00 or high 11:00

On your first pass, ping all 3 aircraft in the formation (just in case they bail)

Kill them all before they drop

If at any time they bail, you win

If they have dropped and are RTB, kill 2 and let the last one go (to encourage their return)

If you are damaged and must be replane before killing them, never take off in a fresh aircraft and chase them again (it's my idea of good sportsmanship)

Bomber gunner countermeasure: Accurate shooting. Wound the pilot.  :D
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2017, 08:12:26 PM »
Not completely true. Some people went so far as to argue that bomber pilots should have to fly back to their base even if nobody was attacking them.

They should fly back if nothing is wrong with them, with the toejam map designs we have it is often hard to notice that a dar bar is headed for your strat since they are all on the front lines.  Sure its pretty easy to intercept them over target, but if they are over 20k they are likely dropping their bombs and bailing right away.  There should be some incentive to land, and not just 25% more perks.  If you are bailing over enemy territory your mission has failed and you should not be rewarded for it.  I wouldnt go so far as to force them to return, but in the current state of the game intercepting is pointless and extremely frustrating to the point I play other games because of it.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2017, 03:54:17 AM »
And what if they bail before getting to the strays as you intercept..lame bellybutton it gets.
Time wasters mo fos
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2017, 05:54:35 AM »
I don't intercept bombers very much in a fighter. I can do it, but I still suck at it. But in those extremely rare situations, I have also witnessed this behavior very recently.. twice in one log-in session (maybe two hours). It just smacks of "I'm taking my ball and going home- anonymously" poor sportsmanship. I tend to agree this should adversely affect their perk point bank in some fashion should they choose to do this. Not sure what could be done for those extreme newbies that have no perks in the bank to begin with.  :headscratch:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2017, 11:31:38 AM »
Bomber gunner countermeasure: Accurate shooting. Wound the pilot.  :D

Exactly.  It only takes one, why give up that chance just to bail.

There is virtually no approach that let's me get hits when the bombers cannot.

ThndrEGG lately seems to have my pilot wound number.  I'm very upset.

Engage cloaking device
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:36:13 AM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.