Author Topic: 2v1 country ganging needs intervention from htc  (Read 17122 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: 2v1 country ganging needs intervention from htc
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2019, 02:38:34 PM »
ipso-fact I have created a game with 4 sides,
             I have created a game with 2 sides,
              I have created a game with 3 sides.
              I played a game with 3 sides.

Ah has 3 sides, which one do you think I believe works best.

HiTech

This is the weirdest word puzzle I've seen this year... Is there a secret decoder ring needed?   

You could have just said, "In my opinion and experience, 3 sides is the best option."   No need to get all cryptic 80's riddler on me. You're post made me feel weird.
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2019, 02:56:37 PM »

Hard to believe you have become an ENY advocate.

- oldman

I am not an advocate for ENY.   But if it has to exist then  two sides (full planesets) and no side switch limit is the only way it will work with current numbers.   
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 03:00:35 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2019, 03:31:39 PM »
This is the weirdest word puzzle I've seen this year... Is there a secret decoder ring needed?   

Did you not get your copy of HiTech Trans in the mail after you subscribed?

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2019, 04:30:35 PM »
Sky is falling fake news here. 

Dump side switch timers and people will shift for balance.  We did it ALL THE TIME in Warbirds.   It was never a problem. 

Use ENY to create balance.   Problem solved.

The timers were invoked to quiet the spy vs spy talk.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2019, 04:32:48 PM »

You could have just said, "In my opinion and experience, 3 sides is the best option."   No need to get all cryptic 80's riddler on me. You're post made me feel weird.

Maybe it was already there and the quip just brought it to the surface.     :P

:rofl

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2019, 04:49:52 PM »
Maybe a different approach to the aVA arena would work?? Change the name to Main arena Historical and Main arena Melee would still be available.  Historical is small maps, two sides, same perks and scoring as Melee, maps rotate as won.  Base take order is implimented into historical, focusing a smaller population into a coordinated fight.

I also think a two sided melee with ENY would work best, but ive seen the same answer from HTC enough to keep pissing into that wind.

Nice idea, but it wouldnt work. People tend to mass where other players are. If the MA Melee is populated and the MA Historical has only a few players in it, no matter what type of flying there is most players will join the MA Melee.

A perfect example was when HTC first split the arenas to Early war, Mid war, and late war. They were listed in that order and the Early war was at the top. Players would log in, check the numbers and join the Early war arena because that was where most players were. It was a fun couple of days with everyone flying P40s and such. Once the idea caught on that ALL the planes were enabled in the Late war arena everyone moved there and very few bothered with Early War again.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2019, 05:04:30 PM »
The timers were invoked to quiet the spy vs spy talk.

Yes, but that comes at the expense of side balance.   
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2019, 05:05:19 PM »

HiTech

I dint.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2019, 07:09:52 PM »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2019, 07:11:56 PM »

HiTech

Are you a Trans Individual now, D?   Not hating.   Just asking.   :rofl :rofl :rofl :aok
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2019, 11:48:35 PM »
ipso-fact I have created a game with 4 sides,
             I have created a game with 2 sides,
              I have created a game with 3 sides.
              I played a game with 3 sides.

Ah has 3 sides, which one do you think I believe works best.

HiTech

so you are saying that the one side that gets horded (happens every day to one side or another) winds up with the lowest numbers. all there bases get rolled works?  or just for an example, the bish and the nits have an awesome aerial fight roaring between two bases and a mass ground attack going on and the rooks are over in left field with nothing to do works? what about the guy that like to fight and says damn I am gonna get in that fight the bish and nits have only to be grounded 30mins later because the rooks and nits started fighting so hes stuck on the bish front for 6 hrs, no he logs off.  and I know you are gonna say well go start a fight, that don't work often times.  I have grabbed lancs wf a field and before I can land the town is resupped and the fight is still raging on the other side of the map. 

I like lazers idea on the ava historical arena.

even if there was a 2 sided war and there was a horde mentality its easier to fight a one front war for every one.  the fighters will congregate in an area and the base takers in other areas.  tonight was a good example of that.  the bish and nit had an awesome knock down drag out fight that included no base take for hours.  seemed the nit and rook front also had a great fight at 44 for hours and outside the dog fight areas there were bases being taken. 

or some type of base capture quota before having to move to other front and lower the side switch time so people will move around a little more. 

and there are people that still believe in the easter bunny but that don't make him real

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2019, 08:48:02 AM »
Yes, but that comes at the expense of side balance.

I agree
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2019, 08:52:26 AM »
Are you a Trans Individual now, D?   Not hating.   Just asking.   :rofl :rofl :rofl :aok

I read it as transmission but it just may depend on what you have to deal with most of the time.  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2019, 08:56:17 AM »
so you are saying that the one side that gets horded (happens every day to one side or another) winds up with the lowest numbers. all there bases get rolled works?  or just for an example, the bish and the nits have an awesome aerial fight roaring between two bases and a mass ground attack going on and the rooks are over in left field with nothing to do works? what about the guy that like to fight and says damn I am gonna get in that fight the bish and nits have only to be grounded 30mins later because the rooks and nits started fighting so hes stuck on the bish front for 6 hrs, no he logs off.  and I know you are gonna say well go start a fight, that don't work often times.  I have grabbed lancs wf a field and before I can land the town is resupped and the fight is still raging on the other side of the map. 

I like lazers idea on the ava historical arena.

even if there was a 2 sided war and there was a horde mentality its easier to fight a one front war for every one.  the fighters will congregate in an area and the base takers in other areas.  tonight was a good example of that.  the bish and nit had an awesome knock down drag out fight that included no base take for hours.  seemed the nit and rook front also had a great fight at 44 for hours and outside the dog fight areas there were bases being taken. 

or some type of base capture quota before having to move to other front and lower the side switch time so people will move around a little more. 

and there are people that still believe in the easter bunny but that don't make him real

Yes the historical arena (AVA) gets very little usage and it has been around for a long time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2019, 06:43:09 PM »
If every front were perfectly balanced there would be no basetaking. the 3 fronts allow some semblance of operational strategy to win the war. ENY is still the best way to account for uneven sides. If one country is getting ganged it's not that big of a deal. The hanging will have to eventually stop for a country to attempt to win the war. Lifes unfair.