Author Topic: Unbelivable Racism  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2002, 08:09:45 AM »
Do they really think the sculpture should honor just those three individuals because they pulled a rope to hoist a flag up a pole one day? They're suffering from illusions of grandeur.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2002, 08:21:26 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
Big deal...

It's not altering history... it's a frigging piece of bronze.

The history is in the newspaper photo.

typical lib response:rolleyes:

of course it's changing history, what are they going to display the photo under the statue with exclaimers telling the real story?
when viewed 10, 20 50 years from now, who'll know they WEREN"T the  ones who raised the flag on that day at that spot??

biggest load of pc bs in a while.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2002, 08:44:37 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
when viewed 10, 20 50 years from now, who'll know they WEREN"T the  ones who raised the flag on that day at that spot??

...and who will care? It's not just about McWilliams, Johnson and Eisengrein. It's about all the others too.

Memorializing a kodak moment. It's not conservative nor liberal. It's sappy and contrived.
sand

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2002, 08:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM

...and who will care? .

I would and anyone who'd be interested in the REAL history of the event..

those three grabbed the flag and hoisted it, not the ppl in the statue.

what if it'd been three black firefighters in the photo, would the statue have been changed so easily to include other races, especially a white guy??

don't think so ... one way street this pc bs.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2002, 09:11:38 AM »
This is exactly the type of "SPIN" Bill Oreilly does each day and claims to abhore. Chose a topic that is so obvious a three year old would agree with it and use it to degrade all liberals or people who favor evenhandedness in language. It isn't horrible to want to represent all people in a memorial. It is wrong in this case because the statue is from a historical document (picture).

Think before you jerk that knee.

All PC isn't bad, all conservatives aren't dumb. :rolleyes:

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2002, 09:15:53 AM »
The idea of PC isnt really the problem. The problem is how far some looneys push it, and the fact that they dont realize 2002 DOES NOT EQUAL 1965.

1965 is long long long long time ago, even the most liberal must admit that 1965 was very long ago and was practicaly a different country. Ok loony PC heads must understand its not 1965!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2002, 10:19:37 AM »
Statues are to capture a moment of histroy in which perserverance and American pride stand tall. They are to capture the emotions and the determination of the people involved in the moment in history.

In this case, it is not the people dying, or the people falling to their deaths from a burning building- that's not exactly "statue worthy", is it?

No, this is to capture that one moment in history we all saw on the front page of the news paper, where those 3 fire fighters stood tall with our flag on top of the rubble of the WTC.

The only people who want it changed are those that are up for promotion or trying to score some browny points with the higher-ups and of course those out there who believe it shows equality. Hey buddy, if you want equality you should of gotten your "other than white" bellybutton up there and held up that flag!
-SW

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2002, 04:10:45 PM »
"1965 is long long long long time ago, even the most liberal must admit that 1965 was very long ago and was practicaly a different country."

Dam punk kid! ;)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2002, 04:14:48 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

typical lib response:rolleyes:

Typical Eagler response.  You've become broken record Eagler, you don't contribute crap anymore.

Blah blah blah fediddlein libs.  That's it...that's the distilation of all your posts for the past few months.  I mean, aren't you even beginning to bore yourself?  You've become backround noise.  It's become dead simple to guess which treads you'll post in, and what your post will be comprised of.  

Here's a hint, "It's all the fediddleing libs fault."  Well, thank you very much Eagler, that was very inciteful.

If you actully read this tread, instead of posting on auto-pilot, you would have noticed that, in fact, alot of the staunch liberals on this board are agreeing with the conservatives.  You may now return to your mindless mumblings.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2002, 04:57:27 PM »
Absolutely damn right im a "damn punk KID", Im 21 years old, born in 1980, and I did not grow up in an America where where Blacks were lynched or not allowed to vote or had their churches burned or their leaders murdered or were not allowed to live in a nice place or werent allowed to attend integrated schools or were not allowed good jobs or were limited from fully participating in society. Thats what I mean by its not 1965, because its not.  In fact I came to an America where my first friend was a Black kid a bit younger than me who lived a few doors down in our nice Apartment complex.

Now we have that two-bit hooligan racenazi Jesse Jackson shaking down Japanese car companies for millions of dollars because they put a black man with a gold tooth in ONE of their commericals, and that they dont have Blacks on their Japanese board of directors.  I wonder how many Japanese nationals are on the board of Jesses Mafia? WTF is that?

Tahgut are you beggining see why Im so upset at PC and race politics, I mean the particular things and trends that upset me?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2002, 05:21:32 PM »
"were limited from fully participating in society. "

The "punk kid" remark was a joke, sorry if it was not taken as such. I already knew you were 21, as you posted it before. The world you came into was and is not how you describe it. Sorry Grun, but utopia has yet to establish itself. Blacks continued to be limited from fully participating in many ways even after your birth. Maybe the ways had become more subtle but they still existed. The real point is that 1965 is NOT that long ago and the affects of that time linger on. The specific items you mention are upsetting, and I agree with you on some i'm sure.

You can go ahead and be angry though, "youth is a disease easily cured with time"
or as Dylan wrote " Good and bad I defined these terms, quite clear no doubt somehow........But I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2002, 06:04:38 PM »
CC I saw punk kid was a joke but really more true than not, I am a kid. :)

I think its sad that so many simply ignore the enormous progress this nation has made in civil rights and plain decency. So many of the radical racenazis just ignore it all and think its 1965. Its not.

Look Im in the liberal Bay Area so Black here may be better off than lets say somewhere in Alabama today but dont say its no not enormously different from 1965.

Cool Im an angry youth radical now. Hehe never think Id be one, do I need to paint my hair green and get some "Free Tibet" tye-dyes????  :)

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2002, 07:35:55 AM »
The 3 firefighters and their families are hoping to cash in on the copyrights to the photo. Their issue with the sculpture is that the sculpture builders are in violation of their copyrighted matierial.

This is straight out of the mouth of the attorney who represents the 3 firefighters. These firefighters want to make money on the royalties from t-shirts, posters, silk pillows, lunchboxes, etc. No problem with that, but let's not bring the race card or the PC card in here to obfuscate that fact.

In my opinion, the 3 firefighters who raised that flag are no more heroes than I am. At least not for the act of hoisting a flag. I raise the flag every morning at my house, and I'm no hero. The same goes for tens of thousands of other Americans who do this every day. Those 3 fire fighters know this. They don't want or expect to be honored for that. What they want and expect is royalty fees.

To more realistically capture the mentality of some of these NY firefighters, I'd almost rather see a sculpture of NYPD cops handcuffing the firefighters at ground zero and dragging their rowdy tulips off to the hoosegow. Talk about realism.

I salute and respect most firefighters a great deal. I know we have some outstanding ones among us here. But I don't particularly respect these 3 fire fighters and their families for their cynical and money grubbing conduct over a sculpture of an event that is going to become almost sacred in our history, so they can sell a few more posters.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline ET

• Copper Member
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2002, 08:38:07 AM »
The intention of the three firefighters as stated by their lawyer on TV,Fox News,is that all proceeds from copywrite are to go to the Firemens Fund to help victims families.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Unbelivable Racism
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2002, 09:06:04 AM »
Your no hero anyday Guntard, and your point about these guys at ground zero made while you ajusted your A/C so you were comfy to wow a flightsim community with your insight and type this wisdom was what?

If they showed up at your house, you'd toejam yourself, and crap their statue in bronse. Get real. Bet everyone else in the background would be impressed too. Do the math.

They ought to make money, and be shown for who they were. The 1 perk they get for this whole toejamcake.