Author Topic: Looks like I知 in the toejam with HTC  (Read 668 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Looks like I知 in the toejam with HTC
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2002, 12:25:39 PM »
I think a better idea would be to have an installation setting in AH so that you can choose to have messages containing expletives automatically squelched. I don't find the occasional "diddly" or "shit" in the least offensive.

I hope AH does not become like the IRC #christian channel. I don't think it will. I find some people's opinions far more offensive than the F word or the C word.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2002, 12:32:15 PM »
Rip-

You got a 5 year old flying AH?!?!?!

*sigh*

Kid's probably got more kills than me, too.

I think I'll go cry now.....:(

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2002, 12:49:55 PM »
Beet1e, there is a game you might find more to your liking, its called Quake.

Amon, answer the question we are all dieing to know:

Single or double wide?   hahahahahah

Your handle already answers one question, mixing capital letters with non-caps in a name is virtually exclusive to teenage cyber-heros.  Bet you wish you had my email so you could spam me too?

Yes, I am convinced you have never left the country, that statement you made about freedoms illustrates it.

The majority want the language filter in place.  I am neither a religious fanatic nor a prude.  I swear a fair amount myself, I just understand that there is a time and place for everything, and in this game, this aint it.  We have kids playing, women playing, and people who dont swear at all and dont care to read it.  Their right to not have profanity thrust upon them is far greater than your right to expose them to it.

Yes we have the squelch command, but I do not think I or anyone else needs to spend a large part of their time adding people to the list everytime we log on.  Maybe if we had a permanent squelch list it would be differant.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2002, 01:02:32 PM »
Originally posted by Stain
ignorant dipshit who's vocab consists of 1 or 2 syllable words they learned at 7-11 doing their weekly grocery shopping or at Wal-Mart shopping for their 10 kids and/or using welfare to get their unemployed asses some essentially free clothes.

I can easily express myself using as many colorful descriptions as I want, but then in the end I only look like a dumb bellybutton redneck that can't read or write.
-SW

ROFL!!!  Ever feal like a hypocrite? Well its for good reason..

lol :D

--

thats not a bad idea on the on the filter choice Beetle, that would be great actualy.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2002, 01:08:38 PM »
You notice how I posted that on the UBB, and at the same time refrained from complaining about a.... profanity filter?

In the game I'm too busy dogfighting and having fun to want to take a break to type "shit!" or some other such nonsense when I get shot down.

BTW, ass- so long as not tangled with amazinhunk can be said over public airwaves.

Not exactly going out of my way to make sure my colorful metaphors are something extraordinary.

I never said I don't curse, I do all the time. I curse a lot more in real life than I did in those sentences. So, no, I don't feel like a hypocrite. Although it is redundant to begin to complain about a profanity filter just because you want to be able to say something profane on open comms to either a) get a reaction or b) complain about something.

What's the first word that comes out of your mouth when you are shot down? Me? It's usually mothafugga, followed by a string of more colorful metaphors. But, I keep it to myself or on squad comms. No one else wants to see it, and if anyone in my squad cares they wouldn't hesitate to tell me.
-SW

Offline ljkdern

• Zinc Member
      • luftjagerkorps.com
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2002, 01:16:16 PM »
What is this strange power that the "F" word has, that we fear it so? What happens when children are exposed to profanity? Do they grow up to be criminals with a wide vocabulary?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2002, 01:20:31 PM »
Dern, this has less to do with children and more to do with entertainment. I am not entertained seeing how many different combinations of curse words I can come up with, and I will be even less entertained seeing someone else attempt to do it.

I don't care one way or the other, but many people out there do. Is it that damn impossible to understand? Some people just do not want to see it when they are trying to enjoy their game.
-SW

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2002, 01:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dago
Your handle already answers one question, mixing capital letters with non-caps in a name is virtually exclusive to teenage cyber-heros.  Bet you wish you had my email so you could spam me too?
Dago

D(capital)ago(non-caps, or lower-case to us idiot farm boys)

Seems like i missed something there. Are you a self-proclaimed h@x04 D3wD?

You know its possible to intercept emails from mail servers? just the same as pressing "send password" and intercepting that.

But why would one waste there time on doing such a thing? id rather use information like that to protect my security server here at work.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2002, 01:35:30 PM by Am0n »

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2002, 01:53:43 PM »
"What is this strange power that the "F" word has"

Fear?  I think the word that better describes many folks reaction to swearing is 'disdain.'

For example, I've never heard anyone yell out while watching "Pearl Harbor" in the movie theatre  'Hey stupid prettythanghole jerk dweeb, that mutherplowing Nip with a dildo up his prettythang warped onto that P40 like a homoseeking missile and made him his butt raping gay squeak!"  

You think people should have to listen to that ? Or should the person spouting off like that be permitted to?  My answer is a resounding "No" to both questions.  I don't want to nor expect to hear it online either. Unfortunately it's occuring more than ever online in the MA. In three flights in there over the past month I've seen everything I wrote in that example above and MORE.

It's vulgar, juevinile, classless and most of all unneeded.

Westy
« Last Edit: January 15, 2002, 02:36:05 PM by K West »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2002, 02:04:13 PM »
Well said Westy!  

I swear, but only around my own circle of friends, in privacy, I don't force it on others to listen to.

If you want to say "F%^#k you" online, just do it with class... "Finger" should be sufficient. :)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2002, 02:11:39 PM »
Originally posted by K West

Fear?  I think the word that better describes many folks reaction to swearing is 'disdain.'

For example, I've never heard anyone yell out while watching "Pearl Harbor" in the movie theatre  'Hey stupid prettythanghole jerk dweeb, that mutherplowing Nip with a dildo up his prettythang warped onto that P40 like a homoseeking missile and made him his butt raping gay squeak!"  

You think people should have to listen to that ? Or should the person spouting off like that be permitted to?  My answer is a resounding "No" to both questions.  I don't want to nor expect to hear it online either. Unfortunately it's occuring more than ever onlin in the MA. In three flights in the MA over the past month I've seen everything I wrote in that example above and MORE.

It's vulgar, jeuvinile, classless and most of all unneeded.

Westy

And what gets me is some of these grown men don't even get it. They're so stuck on some "anti-censorship crusade" that they can't see the real issue here. It's about decency and respect.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2002, 02:14:19 PM »
ANOTHER reason why i don't own a Parrot!:)

NUTTZ

Originally posted by K West

You think people should have to listen to that ? Or should the person spouting off like that be permitted to?  My answer is a resounding "No" to both questions.  I don't want to nor expect to hear it online either. Unfortunately it's occuring more than ever onlin in the MA. In three flights in the MA over the past month I've seen everything I wrote in that example above and MORE.

It's vulgar, jeuvinile, classless and most of all unneeded.

Westy

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2002, 02:21:13 PM »
AH could always raise the fee back to $30 ...

that'd get rid of most complaining about the vulgarity filter :)

hey losers, there's always AOL, MA or CA ain't no stinkin chatroom, cussin or not. Get a life, get a grip or get lost
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2002, 03:00:20 PM »

hey losers, there's always AOL,  [/B]

huh ??? what ??? eh???  ... whats wrong with AOL ???
     :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2002, 05:34:13 PM by DRILL »
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2002, 03:14:12 PM »
lol Nuttz.   And it's the reason I close the room door and also have spare keyboards :)

Westy