Author Topic: inflight radar/darbars opinion poll from the Aces High Players  (Read 2546 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
inflight radar/darbars opinion poll from the Aces High Players
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by hblair:
You imply that the guys who want to keep radar don't have as much flight time as the guys who want to lose in-flight radar. Using the list of people you used, and the number of hours online that you used, the opposite is true. The pro-dar guys have more time online than the anti-dars:

Pro Tower-only radar average time online: 74.28 hours
Anti Tower-only radar average time online: 78.9 hours

I implied that I am in the minority. I realized when I was looking up those times that the pro-radar guys had more time online as individuals than SOME of the anti-radar guys.

I have 20 hours of flight time, I do not want radar removed from in flight because I do not have the time to sit around and request vectors. I made that PERFECTLY clear in the post.

As for the "average" times... Man I really must laugh at that. In fact, I am beginning to wonder how you can sit on that pedestal and tell me that my math is bad.

10 guys, and 26 guys. You averaged a MUCH larger number versus a MUCH smaller number of people.

Sweet jebus, were you on the board in Florida that counted the last presidential votes?
-SW

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:
Okay Hblair, I am going to paste this again since your ability at selectively reading escapes any rational explanation as to how you could of missed it the other two times.

"The only poll that is worthwhile and holds any water would be one that is brought up in the Message Of The Day and requires each user's response."

Message Of The Day: Each user that logs in during a period of 24 hours recieves the questionnaire just ONCE. In order to close it, it REQUIRES an input.

That'd be a whole hell of a lot more representative and meaningful than just logging in for 30 minutes asking "Hey, who wants inflight radar and how doesn't?" and taking the results that total only THIRTY-SIX people of a MUCH LARGER player base.

It escapes me your inability to understand what I am trying to say.

I will accept the results if you get a real poll going on that's actually gives everyone a chance to add their opinion on the matter.

And DeeZCamp, piss off.
-SW

Genius, I'm typing this slowly so you can read it easier. Last time I checked, I couldn't edit the main arena MOTD. Can you?

?

That's what I'm talking about trig boy! Learn to read. I was saying that this is the only available way to do it for us, unless, of course, pyro or HT has given you privs to edit the MOTD in the main arena. (bah!)

:p

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »
Okay Hblair, you've got me.

You are so much more intelligent and witty than I... BUT WAIT! There's more...

"The only poll that is worthwhile and holds any water would be one that is brought up in the Message Of The Day and requires each user's response."

I stated, repeatedly by now,  that Glue sniffing Festerbria's poll is worthless and does not represent anyone but that very small and select group of 36 people who participated. Now stay with me here Hblair, I know that your obvious lobbying for your squad mate's poll is getting in the way.. But I know that since you are so much smarter, you can continue to pay attention and comprehend what I'm trying to get across here: The ONLY poll that is worthwhile would be one that could be done using a message of the day requiring user input to close the box AND is run for 24 hours. Notice, my second post I CLEARLY stated I would not do a poll. Know why? Because *I* do not have the power to conduct a legitimate poll.

Neither do you, nor Festerbria, nor whoever decides to come running along with a plan to convert AH into their vision of the perfect online "sim".

The ONLY people who have the power to conduct a worthwhile poll is HTC.

Do you understand now?

I sure hope so, because I can't explain it any simpler than this.
-SW

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: SWulfe ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »
Funny thing Hblair, remember this post:

"I never said I was against any kind of compromise SW, DJ. If having some kinda watered down in-plane version no NOE coverage, hey, it's better than what we got (in my opinion)"

That was by you in Festerbria's last thread about in flight radar.

You don't mind having a less frequently updated in flight dot radar, improvisions for NOE flight, and no enemy bars 1 1/2 sectors into enemy territory.

Now that Festerbria has conducted a half-assed barely representative poll of all but 36 (wow!) people, you have suddenly decided that I am very wrong.

You insist now that you can not meet me half way, instead it's your way or the high way.

My 30$ is some how less worthy than your 30$ or Festerbria's 30$?

You have got to be toejamting me.
-SW

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
I say poll the users that vote to change the MA, per online usage.

Certainly that would prove how awful HTC's opinion of how to run their servers and gameplay is affecting fun for them.

80 hours a month here. Like it.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2001, 12:40:00 PM »
10 guys, and 26 guys. You averaged a MUCH larger number versus a MUCH smaller number of people.

Sweet jebus, were you on the board in Florida that counted the last presidential votes?
-SW

rofl, what a caveman.
   :D

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: hblair ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2001, 12:43:00 PM »
Nevermind, arguing with you is futile.

It's like talking to my dog.. she hears me, but doesn't understand a damn word I'm saying.
-SW

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
Nevermind, arguing with you is futile.

It's like talking to my dog.. she hears me, but doesn't understand a damn word I'm saying.
-SW

If you need someone to talk to, just give me a call man, Dogs probably don't carry on an intelligent conversation. I hate that you've been reduced to that though.

:(

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2001, 12:55:00 PM »
Lol, good god men! Have some respect for yourselves...  :)

tards

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2001, 12:57:00 PM »

Whether or not this matters depends.  A simple difference of means test can show whether or not two averages from samples of different sizes are significantly different from one another.  It takes into account differences in sample size.

Because I'm truly bored and could use the practice, I plugged the numbers you provided earlier into Stata and ran a difference of means test on the number of hours flown by those in favor of in-tower radar only against the number of hours flown by those in favor of keeping things as they are.  I excluded wizzer because no time was provided for him, making it 25 for to 10 against.

Here are the results:

For:

25 observations
mean = 74.28
std. error = 9.11
std. dev. = 45.56

Against:

10 observations
mean = 78.9
std. error = 18.24
std. dev = 57.68

There is an 82% (p = .82) probability that any differences we observe between the two sample means occurred by chance and chance alone.  Meaning, basically, that we can't assert that there are statistically significant differences in the average number of hours flown by those in favor of in-tower radar and those opposed to it.

-- Todd/DMF

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by hblair:
If you need someone to talk to, just give me a call man, Dogs probably don't carry on an intelligent conversation. I hate that you've been reduced to that though.

I'm glad you don't know what an analogy is. You might really need that dictionary I offered you.
-SW

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2001, 01:12:00 PM »
DMF I would like to point, however, that there are far fewer people in one category as opposed to another category.

You take two classes studying the same subject.

One has 25 people, the other has 10 people. The class with 25 people has a broad range of scores, which in the end averages out to roughly the same score as the class with 10 people.

You could, however, potentially have 4 people dumb as rocks in the class that scored very low. While the rest of the class scored at the high end of the spectrum.

Both classes are not equal in terms of intelligence. One class has close to 50% of it's students that failed. While the other class probably has 25% pf it's students that failed.

What this means is that while 3 people flew in excess of 100 hours, the other people that voted for in flight radar had 1 person fly 52 hours (considered below average), 1 person fly 75 hours (average going by overall numbers) and 4 people well below average.

While the people for radar vary, but generally are in the average to above average category.

What this means is, more people that voted FOR removal of in flight radar flew more than the average person that wants to keep in flight radar according to this "poll".
-SW

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2001, 01:27:00 PM »
Oh SWULF you are whining like a little girl...

Give me a break... You oppose the Not having DAR beause you need it... FACE IT... YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THAT NEED TO LOOK AT THE CLIPBOARD AND RUN TO THE NEAREST RED SECTOR.

I dont think you understand that NOT having DAR COULD DRAMATICALLY increase the need to Be on the Lookout for the ENEMY and Vice versa, Enable your Team to launch an Undetected Strike.

You are A GAMEPLAYER.. not A SIMMER

You want the "GAMEY" implementations to AID you in getting to the fight quickly, not realistically..

THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT.... :EEK:

PS I really like the IDEA of having the Tower having only the DAR information.. and then HAVE that information Supplied to the Pilots upon REquest ... But nothing like we have here with this constant "POWER UP --"enemy FORCE LEVEL" meter we have now.

Oh and HEY WULF what if the MESSAGE/VOTING poll is enabled at ACES HIGH LOGIN... and People choose to have DAR OFF... are you then going to RANT and RAVE to HTC that its not fair because you dont like it?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2001, 01:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by DeeZCamp:
If God is YOUR co-pilot, switch seats!

He'd better be YOUR pilot, it's more than obvious he forgot to give you a brain.
-SW

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
LOL I guess your response is due to the lack of your own inability to use yours.

LOL its so funny that you cannot address the issue Wulf  :D

I guess it would take too much thought upstairs to debate this one eh? :EEK:
 :rolleyes: