Author Topic: The F4U1-C  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
The F4U1-C
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »
Karnak, you'll notice some started including Spits in their demands in this very thread.

Give whiners an inch and you'll hear them 20 miles away.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2001, 01:07:00 PM »
Very well Karnak. Thanks for your reply.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
i got a question. sence you dont want them to fly chogs. what do you want to "force" them to fly.

HT  here is a great idea. when ever someone enters the game they system should "force" them to fly a random plane for that day no changin planes . there  its fair then not every one will be flying the same plane.

i can see the 5% that are forced to fly goons.lots of fun

see no one can complain.

Trell

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
The F4U1-C
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2001, 01:26:00 PM »
As long as we have the F4U-1D there is a reason to perk the 1C.

Same basic plane, no noticeable differences in flight model.

There'd be some basis for not touching the 1C if we didn't already have the D. But we do have it, and this is one of the fundmentals where the perk system might do what it's suppose to do -- Give a plane a reason to exiest.

This is NOT the situation with any other plane. There are no identical replacements.

Oh well.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2001, 01:27:00 PM »
Fatty,
Yes, I've noticed.  About all I can say to that is "Ce la vie".

Trell,
I don't want to force them to fly any particular plane.  I don't think that everybody who flys the F4U-1C would switch to the same plane if the F4U-1C were made a cheap perk.

It is very possible that this problem willbe solved not by changing the status of the F4U-1C,but by changing the way the armor on the PnZ and Ostwind is done.  If they become more or less immune to straffing F4U-1Cs, then we will probably see a decease in the F4U-1Cs popularity and an increase in other aircraft.  Hopefully the Il2-M3 will be added in v1.07 and the tank armor will change so there is a reason to use it.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Bring the Spitfire F.MkXIVc to Aces High!!!

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
I see I didnt miss anything while I was gone for the weekend....still playing the same old song around here.

Time to change the record.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2001, 02:02:00 PM »
sling322,
We'll "change the record" once the problem is fixed.  I don't think most of us care how it is fixed (as long as it doesn't break the game worse than the current problem does), we just want it fixed.

It is natural for people to be persistent about something when it matters to them, and, in the current state of Aces High the F4U-1C is having a detrimental affect of many people's enjoyment of the game that they are paying for.  We pay our $30.00 per month, we WILL be vocal about the things that we see as a problem.  You might want to reconsider whether or not this is a problem, after all there are many people who have been arguing it for so long, there might be something to our position.  Usually an unwarranted position does not attract much interest nor is it long sustained.  That might tell you guys something.

------------------
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2001, 03:38:00 PM »
Aren't ya glad R4M is back so we can all waste our friggin time arguing about the F4u1C.

Perk it.

Perk the D9 because there are several 190's and the D9 is the latest version.

Perk the G10.  I don't care if you think it shouldn't be.....we have a bunch of em so why not perk it too.

Perk the Spit IX....there are two of those so why not.

Lets perk the P47d30 because it carries more bombs than the 25 and hell we have two of them.

OK I'll stop now.  This is where we will eventually end up.

I don't have an answer for the "problem" because I honestly don't fear the Chog nor do I see a bunch of them in the arena.

PS R4M...can you quit again soon or I may lose the bet.

Thanks!

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2001, 03:39:00 PM »

Originally posted by Karnak:
sling322,
We'll "change the record" once the problem is fixed.  I don't think most of us care how it is fixed (as long as it doesn't break the game worse than the current problem does), we just want it fixed.

It is natural for people to be persistent about something when it matters to them, and, in the current state of Aces High the F4U-1C is having a detrimental affect of many people's enjoyment of the game that they are paying for.  We pay our $30.00 per month, we WILL be vocal about the things that we see as a problem.  You might want to reconsider whether or not this is a problem, after all there are many people who have been arguing it for so long, there might be something to our position.  Usually an unwarranted position does not attract much interest nor is it long sustained.  That might tell you guys something.

you keep saying "we", please quit speaking for a general group. It does not enforce your position. I know there are a few that dislike the corsair, but they are a minority.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2001, 03:45:00 PM »
Unfortunately, Karnak, there's really no way to know if the F4U-1c is having a detrimental affect on a SIGNIFICANT NUMBER of people's enjoyment of the game.

The running debate occurs on this BBS. There is no way for any players to know how many people "lurk" here without comment.

All we can see is the few  ...yes, few compared to the actual number of players... that post here either pro or con. There's about 70 posts in this thread and most folks have made multiple posts. So maybe 35-40 players are participating in this discussion. Maybe. It's probably less.

Opinion is divided within this tiny group.

While I'm sure there are some players that view it as a problem of MAJOR proporitions, there is simply no way to tell how much of the actual player base feels that way.

Those opposed to the F4U-1C unperked may in fact be an overwhelming Majority.

OR they may be an overwhelmingly minimal Minority.

There's certainly no mandate either way so far.

I think there is a tendency to believe that if 10 guys agree with something on the BBS, then it must be the way to go.

There's just no data to support that.

[This message has been edited by Toad (edited 04-23-2001).]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2001, 04:27:00 PM »
-ammo-, Toad,
True, to a point.  But you can't expect those of us who have a problem with it to just shut up because you don't like the message.

I think this map makes the problem worse, and hopefully with the armor changes in v1.07 it'll fix itself as the F4U-1C will hopefully no longer be able to straff tanks to death with any reliability.

------------------
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
The F4U1-C
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2001, 04:47:00 PM »
Karnak, I'll take that further and hope there's an increase in MG lethality to open turret ostwinds.

That aside, the reason you have so many people that don't fly the 1c defending it is because one someone says "the only reason I don't like it..." they're lying.

You can find posts by the same people at different times saying "the only reason I don't like it is the guns", then later saying "the only reason I don't like it is the flight model", then "the only reason I don't like it is the numbers", then "the only reason..." blah blah ad infinitum.

On the surface, I could really care less if the plane was removed entirely, but I am more concerned about the precedent of rewarding the loudest whiners.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2001, 05:05:00 PM »
Sorry Karnak, but I dont see a problem with the F4U-1C myself.  I find it ridiculous that the same guys are always here on the boards advocating the removal of this plane and offering as their reason "the majority of players have a problem with it and want it removed too."  Sure it may kill me, but I kill it too.  Sure it may HO ya, but hell, I will HO ya too....in anything I fly.  Its not like HTC hasnt read the other 3,546,821 posts whining about the C-hog being in the game.  Keep on whining....the louder you get the better HTC listens.  If ya wanna keep whining about it, please, just punt one of the other 3,546,821 posts rather than starting a new one.  

AKSeaWulfe

The F4U1-C
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2001, 05:20:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKSeaWulfe:
Keep it up fellas, I'm sure that the louder and more obnoxious and more annoying you become that they'll listen to you for sure!

-SW

Which part did you all not understand?

The "getting more annoying", or the "more obnoxious"... or is the part about "getting louder"?

The one thing I don't like about a broken record, or to bring it up to speed with today's technology- a scratched CD stuck on the same bit, is that I simply can not f'in stand the annoying, obnoxious and absolutely repititious crap that is eminating from the speakers.

Beginning to catch on now?
-SW

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
The F4U1-C
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2001, 05:38:00 PM »
From the number of people flying the F4U-1C one would have to assume that it is contributing greatly to the enjoyment of the game for a lot of players.

Hooligan