Author Topic: US allows drug tests on students.  (Read 1899 times)

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
US allows drug tests on students.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2002, 06:11:57 PM »
as long as there is demand, there will be supply.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2002, 06:14:58 PM »
I work in a school system and I think it's great!

My only complaint is that they have to be in some sort of sport or band to be able to be tested. They should make all the little buggers get tested a couple of times a year. MY kids included!

I see drugged out kids all the time and all they do is cause problems so why have them in school?

Up until now all we could do was bring the dogs through to search lockers but we couldn' ttake them near kids so the kids learned to take the drugs with them. They also know we have to be pretty damn sure they have drugs on them before we search them or we can get sued.

Drug testing will keep the hard core drugies out of school and make the curious or part time druggies more afraid to continue.

Besides in the grand scheme of things what does it hurt? My kid has to piss in a cup! Big deal! At least I would know for sure she isn't doing drugs!
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2002, 06:25:47 PM »
"Up until now all we could do was bring the dogs through to search lockers but we couldn' ttake them near kids so the kids learned to take the drugs with them."

That must be a state law of yours because sniffing students is perfectly legal in Ohio.

"Besides in the grand scheme of things what does it hurt?"

Bringing up kids in a totalarian, police-state environment doesn't equip them well to function in a democracy.

J_A_B

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2002, 06:26:52 PM »
LOL.  You guys are pissing away your rights and freedoms piece by piece.

Then you sit there and say, "What's the big deal."

Piece by piece, "Big deal" by "Big deal".

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2002, 06:44:49 PM »
The only thing I find bad about this, is the government having to issue the mandate.

We are supposed to be in some control of our public schools at much lower levels.  The sad truth is too many parents want the schools to raise there kids for them and do not give a rat's ballz about doing a thing to help prevent drug abuse in the system.

Udie, the local cops already know about the hang out, but everytime they go near the place the dealers either flush or bail.   The station is in a wide open area and cars cannot get there without being spotted.

And most parents do not care about it, as long as they can hang that "My child is a honor student at Grapevine High" sticker on thier bumper.

Hey Thrawn,..do you have a solution to the drug problem?  Do you have anything constructive to say?  I would like to hear it, but if all you can do is to run down our country, then shut yer yap.  I am sick of it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2002, 06:48:36 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2002, 07:02:51 PM »
I like it.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2002, 07:03:34 PM »
I'm with you on this one Thrawn...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2002, 07:08:00 PM by SirLoin »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2002, 07:17:45 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Hey Thrawn,..do you have a solution to the drug problem?  Do you have anything constructive to say?  I would like to hear it, but if all you can do is to run down our country, then shut yer yap.  I am sick of it.

Do you have a solution to the erosion of your rights.  Or are you just going to sit there and chant, "There is no problem, there is no problem"?  Because, if you don't then, let me invite you to go read another thread.

And if you don't like what I'm saying then again, I invite you to not read it or respond to it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2002, 07:23:25 PM »
I have no problem with anyone expressing an opinion.  I do have a problem when anyone takes an oppertunity to make fun of the country I live in.
And if you bothered to read my posts, I have stated pretty clearly thier is a problem.

When you come in here and make light of my countries problems and offer zero input on what you would do or what could be done, or anything remotely constructive, then I have a problem and I will not sit by and take it.

Shove it sideways Thrawn.  Take your farkin country and shove it.  I am sure Canada has no problems, so you just stick there and keep off my countries back.  I have jad it and I am not going to take it anymore.
You  don't like it!  Tough.  You opened the can of worms, and I will be happy to feed them to you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2002, 07:30:58 PM »
Bad day at work Skuzzy?......
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2002, 07:35:58 PM »
No Sirloin.  Just tired of people like Thrawn.  The smug self-annointing people that get ther giggles from our countries problems make me sick.
I bit my tongue once after 9/11 when Thrawn made a snide remark to one of my posts, I will not do it again.

And you are right Thrawn, I do not have to read it, but while you like to make light of our problems, turning my cheek would be exactly what you are saying we are doing as a nation.  So, I will not turn my cheek.  I will stand my ground, becasue it is MY ground, not yours.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2002, 07:47:50 PM »
"Reasonable cause" boiled down to they could do whatever they wanted anyway.

This ruling doesn't really change anything, sad as that fact is. How are random drug tests for athletes any different than having the local police bring in drug-sniffing dogs on random occasions? How is it different than randomly searching people's possessions and clothing?

I totally agree that public schols have WAY too much power. This recent ruling isn't changing anything. The worst thing of all is "random" never really means "random" to corrupt d#ckhead backstabbing lying untrustworthy stuck-up power-tripping stunninghunk school admins, it means "we can badger and intimidate those we don't like and claim its all random".

J_A_B

How old are you JAB? 12? Maybe 13 years old? Where the hell do you live, Disneyland?

The schools in the US are populated by KIDS. Children in high schools in the United States have never had the same rights as people who have come of age, nor should they! They can't drink alchohol. They can't vote. They are subject to discipline from the teachers largely without legal due process. They have no expectation of privacy in thier lockers or on thier person. (When the cops want to search a student, they call a TEACHER, who doesn't need probable cause, only reasonable suspicion to search.

It is this way because the overwelming majority of parents WANT the schools to have this power, for the good of our kids. You and others who agree with your idiotic view on this just don't know what time it is. No offense.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Does turning a blind eye and letting them fry their brain out instead of learning with it?

high school kids - 14/15 thru 17/18 - the fewer who try anything in that age group, the better for that generation.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2002, 07:56:32 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with it.  You want to participate in an extra-curricular activity?  You agree to do it drug free.  If you don't want to be drug free, then you aren't eligeable to participate.  Sounds simple enough to me.  There's still choice involved - you choose to join an activity and be tested, or you choose not to participate.

Thrawn, why do you care what we do with our freedoms?

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2002, 07:58:10 PM »
If you think I find humour in the US tossing it's rights and freedoms, then I could only call it gallows homour.

If you think it doesn't affect me then you are also mistaken.  Ever since NAFTA our countries have been growing closer, economically, culturally and polically (especially since 9/11 - Look at the border resolution that just passed).  I also have a number of friends that are American and care deeply what happens to them and their country.  I have talked to them at length about matters such as these.  And surprising as it might seem, I have no doubt, that they would agree with me (even though I'm a foreighner).

Edit: and ya Canada has problems, feel free to make a thread about them if you wish.  The feelings I have about the US government don't even come close to the disgust I have for my own.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2002, 08:19:26 PM by Thrawn »