Author Topic: Biggest "egos" in the game?  (Read 6818 times)

Offline jbroey3

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Biggest "egos" in the game?
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2002, 01:20:54 PM »
Voss still being stupid I see.

eyep eyep eyep...

:rolleyes:

Offline jaystang87

• Zinc Member
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2002, 01:42:45 PM »
Something I've noticed on the funniest thread I've seen is that most of the people that diss other people's "skills to ego" ratio have a pretty big ego themselves.  I don't have anything against anyone here, but I found it funny when people are like "you suck, cause....(something about his/her mom)....  while I shoot you up in my plane, while being chased by 2 cons!!"  Personally, if I hear someone in the game with a big mouth from the other team, I'll go out of my way to shoot them down (although, half of the time, they end up shooting me down, oh well :( ) but most of the egos are either noobs or just immature people (when I first started out in Warbirds b4 i came here, I thought I could just shoot down a plane once they were in my crosshairs.. oh how wrong I was ;)  ) but people who aren't noobs and day after day just trash talk, that bugs the hell out of me.  the moral to this wonderful golden masterpiece is, down with the egos!  Let's just let our playing do the talking, not some of these brats.

Offline Alias_1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2002, 01:57:53 PM »
How bout them Bucs this weekend!!!! Not one fricken offensive TD
 only special team scores!!!
T0J0

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2002, 02:11:12 PM »
"We've got about another 32 hours before this thread is locked. HT, this is my personal request to ban GE from the board permanently. He will continue to engage in this sort of crap forever, and I won't put up with it. Further, I wasn't kidding about going after the love muffines that continue down this road.
"
lol
I nominate this one for whine of the week.

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2002, 02:18:40 PM »
Please put this thread out of its misery.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2002, 02:21:33 PM »
pongo... it gives me the creeps..

i watched the movie "a beautiful mind" yesterday and i can't get the picture out of my head of our boy driving out to some deserted lot somewhere and "pre-flighting" his "p51"  and all the while talking to his "crew chief" and "crew".    

wonder if his FBI buddies look like Ed Harris?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2002, 02:32:18 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
wonder if his FBI buddies look like Ed Harris?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

What?! You think he aint real? Does he look real to you? Of course he's real.

:)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2002, 02:45:19 PM »
You know, I was buying his story til his wife went out to the shed and saw all the clippings on the wall.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2002, 02:48:30 PM »
oops
« Last Edit: September 16, 2002, 02:51:49 PM by Pongo »

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2002, 03:31:25 PM »
I wanna hear Voss's side of the story!! After that I wanna go down to local figure 8 track and watch wrecks!

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2002, 03:31:26 PM »
Originally posted by akak

This is one of my favorites from GE.  

Ack-Ack

My (GE favourite) was the IL2 m3 flying over the T-34  ...........cant find my copy.........

Pity he never did a La5 FN in action............
Ludere Vincere

Offline =Jagr=

• Zinc Member
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2002, 04:39:36 PM »
Voss,
          As a person who was in the "Beta" for TAS, and who paid 300 bucks for a VoodooI card on a Friday when you personally told us the game was being compiled that weekend..  I feel I have EVERY right to reply to your utter BS.

For those of you who are new in the Sim community, Voss ran one of the largest BS scams I've seen in 20 years of Simming..  He posted some great renders he claimed were "In Game Shots" of a game that never existed..not even in an alpha stage..  Think of everything you ever dreamed of for a flight sim, he claimed it was done and in the game.  Every feature, every graphics tweak, every nifty thing..  It got to the point that people posted requests..  hundreds of requests..for features that would take years to implement..  Voss replies..  Yup, they are in there..  He NEVER said no..  right then I knew it was BS.

Among his many "Claims to Fame" was that he (And I QUOTE him directly and EXPLICITLY) "Left an F16 canopy with his name on it in the Iraqi desert during Desert Storm"  He also claimed to have 2 confirmed Mig kills..

Obviously things like that tend to raise eyebrows amongst the many REAL veterans who peruse the forums..   Like the crafty veterans who took Voss's claims to have been an Air Force Academy graduate and did a check with the Academy..  Guess what..  nada..

Oh wait, the "Agency" blacked out my records because I went right from the Academy to an F16 testing unit (With no F16 hours mind you. :))

Voss eventually counters that "His identity was changed after Desert Storm to protect him from Iraqi intelligence seeking revenge for his Mig kills..  yeah ok :)

Remember flying the 109 over a drug growing operation when a grower fired a round into your cooling  system and you had to dich it? :)

Remember giving Robey Price crap that he never saw combat and didn't know what it was really like?  :)

One of my all time favorites was when the Beta Version of the game didn't appear on Monday...  and neither did Voss..  or his alter ego John "Oneman" Burkes  So for a while there is no reply..  hmmm...

After a long period of invisibility during which info began to come out that there in fact was NO GAME to compile..  we get word that Voss is deeply ill, near death with a brain tumor..  he needs your support and compassion...  He plays that until people ask about the Hospital...  oh ok..they probably keep records on brain tumors don't they..  better back off from that one...

Magically Voss's malady turns into a poisonous Scorpion stinger hidden deeply under his finger nail..  (still laughing about that one actually )

A lot of people have fond memories of people producing information that specifically and directly refuted all your claims..one by one..

Of all the things you did, claiming to be a combat veteran is the most telling..  In that one act, you gave the world a clear picture of the true you..

P.S.     When you see your FBI Agent "Friends" again, have them call the Narcotics Task Force at FBI Boston and look me up, they'll know how..  I have a story for them..

John =Jagr= Tasker

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2002, 05:22:59 PM »
never mind, not worth it
« Last Edit: September 16, 2002, 07:42:29 PM by Dago »
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2002, 05:26:06 PM »
The only thing more amazing then voss or anyone pulling something like that in the first place is how he insists on making a big deal about it every year...
all he has to do is respond to a post like that by saying he is sorry and trying to put it behind him...
big reason why I dont like people taking real airmens names as their handles in the game. Werner Voss must be rolling in his grave at the antics of his namesake.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2002, 05:40:58 PM »
IIRC the only guy with more than 1 air to air kill in DS was a Saudi pilot with 2. Could Voss be Saudi?

I decided to look into the Google group search. At one point Voss claims that his sim is complete, and that it is only his partner that is keeping it from beta release.

Fun stuff. C'mon Voss, come clean, whats the real skinny?