Author Topic: Minister Louis Farrakhan  (Read 2010 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2002, 05:16:10 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

OK,

I'm against the death penalty for converting your religion. So?

If this were an Islamic law, then the Malaysia would have the same law wouldn't it? hmmmmm? So would Pakistan... right?

just askin.

Like I said, while some don't have persecution to the point of death on their books it is happening, even in Pakistan. Want some specifics? I'll look 'em up.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2002, 05:17:38 PM »
No, but they should have fought for the rights of the Japanese Americans, or for the rights of German Americans. Just as they should fight now for the rights of the Muslim Americans.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2002, 05:27:48 PM »
If Muslims are willing and able to coexist with "infidels" then I agree. The evidence indicates otherwise to me but the jury is still out.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2002, 06:02:48 PM »
and Iron,

There is nothing ironic about supporting the freedoms of people who would take those freedoms away.

The ACLU fought for the right of the American Nazi Party to march in Skokie Illinois. Do you think the Nazi's would support the ACLU if they were to come into power?

Free speech, freedom of Religion etc. are not predicated on what your speech or religion may be. Freedoms are freedoms... period.

One more comment about this: The internment of Japanese Americans does seem heavy handed and cruel in retrospect. However, let's suppose that the ACLU had done their job as you said they should have. What if many were killed by grieving and angry Americans. Or even worse, a few had spied or managed sabotage that affected the outcome of the war in that the Axis won. Would you have still protected their rights even at that cost?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2002, 06:09:48 PM »
You can't possibly be stating that internment was safer for Japanese Americans and therefore justified.

Gawd, I hope not...
sand

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2002, 06:50:48 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
You can't possibly be stating that internment was safer for Japanese Americans and therefore justified.

Gawd, I hope not...

I asked a hypothetical question. What is your answer?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2002, 07:07:21 PM »
What if many were killed by grieving and angry Americans.

Those grieving and angry Americans deserve what's coming to them according to the law.

A U.S. citizen is a U.S. citizen, period.
sand

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2002, 08:13:54 PM »
and Iron,

There is nothing ironic about supporting the freedoms of people who would take those freedoms away.

I find this comment extremely ironic

The ACLU fought for the right of the American Nazi Party to march in Skokie Illinois. Do you think the Nazi's would support the ACLU if they were to come into power?

they'd be in the oven line, right behind the jews

Free speech, freedom of Religion etc. are not predicated on what your speech or religion may be. Freedoms are freedoms... period.

there are limits to every freedom
try yelling fire in a movie theatre - just freedom of speech right?
or "I have a bomb" at an airport
or a religion which sacrifices small children
list goes on and on.... another square peg in a round hole ... even my 2 year old grand baby knows better than that.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2002, 08:17:36 PM »
I even support your freedom of speech Eagler, no matter how far you will stretch to make a silly point.

The movie house analogy was good, did you make that up?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2002, 09:03:28 PM by midnight Target »

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2002, 10:52:14 PM »
Betown, just to correct you.

Several Indonesian muslims are suspected of involvement with the Bali bombing. Including the head Cleric, who is known to be the head of the JI movement. He openly preaches anti-semitism and anti-american hatred in his school in Jakarta. He has only been recently arrested due to international pressure.

Indonesia had been constantly warned about his activities but refused to do anything. Many believe its because the goverment there are scared of the extremists.

Singapore warned them he had purchased a large amount of C4 just two weeks before and they refused to investigate it.

Lets just say that tolerance for muslims, in general, is fast running out. People here realise its extremists taking these actions. But they also believe that the muslim community in general is not taking an active role in preventing this stuff from happening, ie turning a blind eye then proclaiming "Islam is peace" after the event.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2002, 12:31:30 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Liberal is a self imposed label Saburo as is leftist, one that many take pride in. It is not intended nor perceived as derogatory.

Even though I never said it out right, I will say now that based on my observations most middle eastern Muslims repress women and religions other than Islam in their countries. They have also overthrown governments and instated Islamic governments where tolerance was no longer in their dicitionaries. I'll spell two of them out for you, Iran and Afghanistan. I noticed you never refuted this but simply resorted to name calling.

If you have nothing further to offer then I'll simply ignore your assinine posts. Why don't you strap some bombs to your body and fly home to Allah.

LMAO! You really are funny...in a tragic sence. I don't know which to do more...laugh at you or pity you. You really have no clue how hypocritical you are. You're definitely not Christian acting despite what label you might give yourself.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2002, 08:33:16 AM »
Midnight.........

Could you direct me to the post which you refer to.....I do not remember seeing anyone say that all muslims or all who follow the Islamic faith were bad.

Rather, I read these posts as saying that the motivating force behind these attacks were based in part by a particular faith....have I misunderstood this premise?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2002, 10:04:50 AM »
Saburo, if Islam is to be practiced in the US as in the middle east then I don't want it here. Of course it's not now as Muslims are a small minority, about 2 million in the US. However, if/when they grow to be a majority will they be as tolerant of womens rights, infidels and other religions as the US currently is of them? Their track record says no. What else is there to go by?

Many have reported seeing Islamic glee both on television and first hand when 3,000 Americans were murdered on 9/11. My father lives near a small community of Muslims and found a large number of them at the local Walmart soon after the attack (within a day or two). They appeared to be quite festive making a lot of noise and laughing it up. That made a lot of people there very angry. Perhaps they aren't representative of the majority of Muslims, then again maybe they are.

I think there is no place in the US for any group of people that will not embrace our ideals particularly the freedom to worship or not worship as you see fit. I've no idea where you live but if it is in the US and you don't agree then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You seem to be a little dense so I figured I'd better spell this out for you. There is no room for any religion in this country that would deny citizens basic rights as guaranteed by the constitution. A religion that would exert force upon it's adult members or nonmembers (including women) to comply with it's tenets does not belong here.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2002, 10:32:22 AM by AKIron »

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2002, 02:14:06 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Saburo, if Islam is to be practiced in the US as in the middle east then I don't want it here. Of course it's not now as Muslims are a small minority, about 2 million in the US. However, if/when they grow to be a majority will they be as tolerant of womens rights, infidels and other religions as the US currently is of them? Their track record says no. What else is there to go by?

Many have reported seeing Islamic glee both on television and first hand when 3,000 Americans were murdered on 9/11. My father lives near a small community of Muslims and found a large number of them at the local Walmart soon after the attack (within a day or two). They appeared to be quite festive making a lot of noise and laughing it up. That made a lot of people there very angry. Perhaps they aren't representative of the majority of Muslims, then again maybe they are.

I think there is no place in the US for any group of people that will not embrace our ideals particularly the freedom to worship or not worship as you see fit. I've no idea where you live but if it is in the US and you don't agree then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You seem to be a little dense so I figured I'd better spell this out for you. There is no room for any religion in this country that would deny citizens basic rights as guaranteed by the constitution. A religion that would exert force upon it's adult members or nonmembers (including women) to comply with it's tenets does not belong here.  

LOL. You are so blinded by your prejudice and hate that you have no clue how hypocritical you sound. You sure that group of 'muslims' your father saw? How did he identify tham as muslim?
You sure they couldn't be Sikh? LOL, festive...err, just maybe they could have been celebrating a wedding? Perhaps some of their party was visiting the US for the first time? Funny how you keep preaching about the 'intolerance' of muslims, but you fail to see yours. BTW, what does a muslim look like?
Shortly after 9-11, a Sikh store owner was shot and killed by an american thinking he was muslim.
Do me a favor. Reread my posts above and try to key on the content instead (reading comprehension). Bring a dictionary with you to really understand the words you're having trouble with.
I'll give you a starting point.
Tolerance
Ignorance
Muslim
Sikh
Christian
Stupidity
Prejudice
Also while you're at it, look up the entire muslim population. (Shiite, Sunni, Druze, etc.) and tell me the #'s and differences.
Give me a number of those celebrating the 9-11 terror attack and the #'s of those that didn't. Not guesses but facts. If you've been honest, you should be embarrassed with how you've carried on here. Hmmm, maybe not LOL ;)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2002, 02:40:48 PM »
Saburo, You're still dodging the issues as I see them.

Let me ask you one more question, plain as I can.

Is true Islam being practiced in Saudi Arabia? Not a hard question, yes or no will do but feel free to elaborate.