Author Topic: Buh bye  (Read 593 times)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2002, 08:19:57 PM »
F-15E has direct mechanical flight controls (mechanical stability augmentation with pulleys/counterweights/etc) plus a computer aided stabiilty system on top of that, modifying control surface movement based on flight parameters and control stick force.  It is a hybrid system and the plane can be flown with a complete failure of the computer aided stability system, although stability is marginal in many configurations in that case.

It all adds up to a plane that flies like a "real" aircraft unlike the F-16, while still being extremely easy to fly.  It's possible to abuse the flight control system and depart controlled flight, however this is not generally considered much of a drawback because the ultimate limiting authority remains the pilot, not the computer.

How's that for a thread hijack?
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2002, 08:59:45 PM »
It all adds up to a plane that flies like a "real" aircraft unlike the F-16,

yeah, but do the chicks did F15 or F16 drivers?  :)

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline brendo

• Copper Member
Buh bye
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2002, 04:54:12 PM »
Hi Eagle,

What does it mean to depart from controlled flight in an F15.  Does that mean its possble to spin out of control or similar?

How do you get back into control with all that power from the rear when out of control... does all the thrust from the engines tend to exasperbase being out of control (making you even MORE out of control) ?

Is it possible to exceed your max AoA without a computer overriding?

An have you done the above?

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
Buh bye
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2002, 05:37:27 PM »
ah another misconception that is held by HTC:

AI flag with 100% fediddlein ASRAAM accuracy at 10k+ is very realistic!!

eagl

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Buh bye
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2002, 06:04:07 PM »
the flak is slightly overdone no doubt

so you really think its worth quitting over or maybe the meds ie the frustations, are talkin

see you when you are better
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2002, 06:30:42 PM »
It's not the meds...  

It's the trend away from air combat.  I'm having fun doing the h2h thing and may end up hosting quite a bit, although so far it's been like clubbing seals and the fediddleing game id server is porked so my id is "newu369", but other than that it's ok.

as for the F-15, yes it can go out of control.  The thrust doesn't hurt it really.  I have only had mild departures, although I know a guy who tailslid one 10,000 ft and was seconds from ejecting.  The F-15E is pretty stable though so except for a few known departure modes, it doesn't misbehave too badly.

There is a yaw/pitch coupling issue that can cause the plane to enter a stable auto-roll where it just rolls forever without any input, but it's not difficult to recover from it and everyone knows how to avoid the situation.

The F-15 doesn't have an AOA limiter, but it is fairly difficult to actually get the AOA high enough to cause a departure.  It's stable to a relatively high AOA.  Nothing like an F-18, but much higher than the F-16.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2002, 06:55:45 PM by eagl »

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2002, 07:35:18 PM »
When I get bored,I go to Duel Arena...It's so much more intense than the MA and I learn way more....Been flying since AH beta and the DA as well as the CT is where I'm ending up for most fun.

Hope to see you back Eagl...Hope to see you again on Drex's left wing.

:)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Buh bye
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2002, 08:44:05 PM »
We have F-16 drivers here in Syracuse.  Seen them out on the town nurmerous occasions.  Seemed very snobbish and obnoxious!  To each his own, I guess!  :)
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Buh bye
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2002, 10:26:44 PM »
I played golf with three 14 drivers at Ociana in Virginia.  They were pretty cocky until I took half their pay away from them.

My record to date, though, was taking money from Rear Admiral Pula squeak herself in Orlando.  There are some advantages to being an E4 in civilian clothes on the first tee and having plausable denyability when Captain Groth Vader found out one of his students fleeced base commander.

I'll have to ask Glenn about that flight control again...I didn't think the 15E was an electric jet.  Don't think I've ever seen one up close and personal; they're after my time.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Buh bye
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2002, 01:34:30 AM »
6.5/10

In the metric system that's 2.3 RAMs.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Buh bye
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2002, 07:28:25 AM »
eagl

to minimize the seals & punks in h2h set up an early bird scenerio with short icons

the more you make it like CT, the less twits you attract

just be ready to boot them when they start complaining about the planeset :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Buh bye
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2002, 11:32:54 AM »
H2H is a great alternative IMO.
some great terrains (including mine:)) and as long as you or someone that gets into 'real' settings is hosting it can be a blast for furballs and low-number-ACM.

but... I always find my way back to the MA for some sick reason.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2002, 12:02:57 PM »
Sorry to see ya go....time usually modifies ones opinion of things..hope you'll be back.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2002, 12:09:02 PM »
What, a 2.5 from the east german judge?

What about the difficulty bonus from hijacking my own thread?

Sheesh, corrupt judging... grumble grumble

H2H is fun btw...  come play in my FFA arena :)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2002, 01:29:11 PM »
hey eagl is the airforce in need of pilots? :D
Fester was my in game name until September 2013