Author Topic: “What Beet1e thinks is irrelevant”  (Read 1108 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
“What Beet1e thinks is irrelevant”
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2003, 08:55:39 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding (Work)
one of the only countries giving any support to the US in the 'War on Terrorism' (TM), what do you think?

humm ... you really wan't to know ?

Opportunist ... :D

Btw it's a nice move as your oil will cost lower than our ;).

completly forgot to add "emoticon" my post sounded more rude than I wanted :(
« Last Edit: January 07, 2003, 10:03:34 AM by straffo »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2003, 09:00:06 AM »
To put "fourth largest" into context one needs to see who is fifth or sixth and the GNP numbers for say... the top ten.

don't get me wrong... I think england would make a great amusement park if we could maybe put a roof on it.
lazs

Offline CH3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2003, 09:03:18 AM »
^^ Another jingoistic salamander who acts as if the accident of his birthplace entitles him to take some credit for it's current greatness. Carry on, you're in good company it seems. :rolleyes:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2003, 09:46:46 AM »
Beetle...YAWN! :) We've all been spoiled by Airhead...your herrings are old and smelly! :p

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2003, 09:52:45 AM »
What Dowding said...

I don't know much about how things are over there, but I do like reading your takes on the current politic situations, etc.  Beetles posts just went beyond negative and into deep bashing for me...especially the whole bit where he wanted only European replies, but felt compellted to comment on US issues.

I dunno, guy just strikes me as a bit elitist.  I could be wrong.  "Chat" personalities and real life personalities can often be quite different.  We see this shortly after the Cons where people who thought they'd despise one another turn out to be great friends after all.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2003, 10:21:22 AM »
LePaul - fair enough. I've decided to be nice from now on. It can be hard when there are so many against you, but I enjoyed the challenge, even if it made me feel like Arthur Scargill (dowding will explain). I still don't think that my posts were the worst - after all, I never had a thread locked, and I remember a time when several were locked every day. Deep bashing? Not intentional, but the very fact that it was perceived as that was a good enough reason for a change in direction.

And now we'll have to stand aside while dowding & lazs slug it out...

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2003, 10:27:30 AM »
personally I look forward to reading all of these posts.. it's entertaining at times

when I tire of them I simply log off and don't read them...

Besides, I think a lot of us 'enjoy' the back and forth banter as long as it isn't mean-spirited

Hell, I'd probably even have fun hanging with beetle if you can imagine that... lazs too, although in entirely different ways... as long as he drove that bad-ass muscle car here that is :)

Swoop.. drop me a line.  I have an update on rooms here at Snowmass.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2003, 10:29:40 AM »
"Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who read too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."  - Albert Einstein

I need to lay off this board a while.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2003, 10:30:34 AM »
Blind ignorance made that challenge a bit easier for your beetle.

And nobody was against you until you pitted yourself against everyone else.

Trolling for reaction so you could criticize those that reacted, and failing to realize that people were actually defending blatant trolls.

Ah well... so many on the BBS seem to really like that kind of thing.  I suppose you'll be back into form just as soon as you grow tired of being non-inflamatory.  But then there's not much about you that a little preparation H wouldn't fix.

AKDejaVu

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2003, 10:32:41 AM »
Originally posted by Wlfgng
personally I look forward to reading all of these posts.. it's entertaining at times

when I tire of them I simply log off and don't read them...

Besides, I think a lot of us 'enjoy' the back and forth banter as long as it isn't mean-spirited

Hell, I'd probably even have fun hanging with beetle if you can imagine that... lazs too, although in entirely different ways... as long as he drove that bad-ass muscle car here that is :)

Swoop.. drop me a line.  I have an update on rooms here at Snowmass.

Hey, throw that data on the room rates this way, we're refinancing at 5.25% (0 POINTS!  from a  6.75% 30 yr.) and going from a 30 to a 15 yr loan, might have some pocket change in Febuary!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
beet1e
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2003, 11:02:10 AM »
It is funny, even most of your own countrymen hold you in sad contempt now.

I said you where like the kid in school who was convinced that everyone thought he was cool, because everyone made fun of him and played pranks, but in reality everyone just wanted them to grow up and go away(mostly)

Jeez, your head must be so big now, "look at me, look at me I got 1500 reads!! I am so cool!"

I read your threads to watch what everyone else says, not your drivel, I skim yours.

I am sure this web board for me and for most posters here is just a distraction from a boring day at work, you act like it's your life.

You also seem like a coward when you mention Nuke's post, and how much you get mentioned in it, but do not bother to reply when it is all aimed at you.

You really show how much class you have, or maybe lack. :confused:

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2003, 11:08:02 AM »
Rip, drop me a line    ntucker@tosv.com (work addy)

I am sure this web board for me and for most posters here is just a distraction from a boring day at work

sooooooo true

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2003, 11:08:16 AM »
AKDV, GTO et al - get it all out, guys, let it all go ;)

BTW, AKDV - you made a few references to Staga - is that someone pretending to be me, or did someone think I was pretending to be Staga?  I don't know this person, and therefore cannot evaluate these references.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2003, 11:10:12 AM »
Hey Beatle, maybe you should change your handle until all the ruckus dies down.

Pick out a handle that suggests love, compassion and understanding... pick the handle of a former poster who was respected for his kindness to his fellow posters, who was well liked, who never hurled an insult, who was a man among men...change your handle to Elfenwolf. It will improve your image. ;)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2003, 11:11:05 AM »
-----------------------------------
Hehe, dowding. I agree with a lot of what you say. Bollocks it may be, but people still read it.
-----------------------------------

something to think about-

Just because you have their attention, doesn't mean you have their respect.