Author Topic: What is it with all the no-skill killstealers lately?  (Read 2625 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
What is it with all the no-skill killstealers lately?
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2003, 11:51:50 AM »
No karnack.. it was everyone else that started stroking each other because that's what a thread like this begets.

And I understand what you are trying to say... I just thing its pathetically stupid.

If you don't want someone to steal your kill then kill it more.  If you can't do this, then don't make fun of those that can.  It really is that simple.  You just come off sounding like a poor pathetic 3rd grader that just had his ice cream stolen by a 2nd grader that was half his size.

MiniD

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2003, 12:19:57 PM »
Mini D,  What's your problem with someone saying something complimentary about someone else, or acknowledging another pilot's prowess?  Since you frequently debate in a deragotory tone,  and since you really do seem jealous, I'm going to surmise that both are correct.  Frankly, I don't see why either are necessary.  Are you capable of just being nice, or are you such a small, bitter person that you are incapable of making any points on the boards without belittling others?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2003, 12:28:27 PM »
I just make damn sure my victim blows up. If he doesn't, and someone steals the kill, I just blame myself for not finishing the job.

Also, if I know I've earned the kill, and see someone come in and try to steal, but the enemy plane is still "alive" after they're finished trying to steal it, I'll go back in and pour some more rounds into the plane to ensure that I get the kill (even if it's missing major parts).

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2003, 12:47:38 PM »
If the enemy plane is damaged to the point where it is no longer a threat to me, my team, or our base, I break off, and save my ammo for another fight.

If someone else gets the kill, so be it. I could care less. I fly away knowing I won the engagement, and did my best to help the team.

Everything else to me is just gravy.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2003, 01:20:36 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Mini D,  What's your problem with someone saying something complimentary about someone else, or acknowledging another pilot's prowess?
My god... gem's like this don't come around often.  I'm actually speachless.

Oh.. wait... its back now.

Was this thread started to commend pilot's prowess or to degrade those that weren't of sufficient prowess for those being critical in this thread?

Done the way it is in this thread, the term "elitism" enters the picture long before "prowess".

There are pilots I respect and pilots I don't... capabilities have nothing to do with it.  Some are outstanding at ACM, others are not.  You're defensiveness in this situation is duly noted.

MiniD

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2003, 01:20:52 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Kill stealing is exclusively when a non flyable aircraft is shot up by somebody who did not render it unflyable for the mere purpose of out damaging the person who actually did the work and getting credit for something they didn't earn.

So, if the purpose is not to gain credit for the kill, but rather to make the aircraft go out in a glorious explosion (as any good kill should) then it's not kill stealing?  Good, I didn't think so either.  ;)

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2003, 01:37:23 PM »
minid quote:  "Was this thread started to commend pilot's prowess or to degrade those that weren't of sufficient prowess for those being critical in this thread?"

So you were insulting people because the thread took temporarily a path that was not directly related to the title? You better get busy, there are many threads that do just such a thing.

Another:"Done the way it is in this thread, the term "elitism" enters the picture long before "prowess". "

I specifically mentioned Drex's and Levi's abilities and behavior in the arena. How this smacks of elitism as opposed to how it relates to prowess is beyond me. I'd ask you to explain but I suspect it was just another way to throw in a negative comment.

Still another:"There are pilots I respect and pilots I don't... capabilities have nothing to do with it. Some are outstanding at ACM, others are not. You're defensiveness in this situation is duly noted."

Nobody was discussing "respect" in the arena at all. Since respect hadn't been brought up,  there is no way I could have been defensive about it. I did briefly discuss Drex and Todd's skills and mannerisms.  If you'd like to disagree with my opinion about them please do. Then, if I felt like discussing it with you, I would get defensive.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2003, 01:56:30 PM »
I want to make clear what I was talking about... initial merge only.

Now this changes everything, and I'll tend to agree that anyone that takes an initial merge, rolls the dice and goes for the headon shot probably needs to rethink his tactics. :)

That is... unless I'm in a 110. Then, I'll definitely go pre-merge head on with anyone fool enough to allow it. :D

Fair enough?
sand

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2003, 01:57:04 PM »
I suppose the damage award model could be modified as karnak suggests or even other ways......the trick is to make it simple.

I think certain conditions would have to apply...........

Lost a wing.
Lost both rear horzontal stab

If either of the above occurs the AC does not return any more damage points.

under the KISS principle what other damage conditions would inhibit damage points...........
Ludere Vincere

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2003, 03:21:22 PM »
Sandman,  fair enough.   :)

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2003, 03:52:50 PM »
I am Sparticus!

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2003, 05:40:01 PM »
Originally posted by Drex
My personal rules.

1.  Must kill the bandit my friends think they have.
2.  Do not shoot at totally disabled planes.
3.  Do shoot his chute.

Very easy rules.

Drex

Those rules are so stupid.  You better hope I don't see you trying to ditch.

Press on with what you were doing, thx:)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2003, 06:40:20 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
I thought you said they couldn't hit anything.

Yessir.. they can't hit crap unless they're stealing a kill.  Then they are suddenly aces.

Well.. whatever makes you feel better about yourself I suppose.

MiniD

We can always count upon you to be as sharp as a bowling ball...

Aircraft fluttering down are very easy to hit. Aircraft being flown at speed are another matter.

This isn't rocket science... Ok, for most of us it isn't.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2003, 07:00:43 PM »
Oh, and I truly am flattered to be mentioned in the same breath as Drex and DMF. I feel it's only fair to keep things straight.

Drex and Todd(DMF) are  very classy guys who get their kills by using unparallelled ACM.

I'm an ill-mannered(I mean well, just too competetive) sod who gets his kills by seeing a situation, knowing where the planes are going, and who I can get a shot at... call it SA... decision making.. whatever.
I MAY be effective like Drex Levi, , but I sure don't do it as beautifully as those two.
Thanks for the nice comment though, Sandman.

Oh, and Murdr, you may be landing kills in a d9, but I'll always think of you in that 38.  

I don't care about the topic, your autofellatio virtual fighter pilot skilz post is hilarious.

Regardless...

1. I don’t like shooting a plane and having guys following it down to try and claim the kill. Just like the rest of you in the thread.

2. I don’t however get mad if someone that follows it down gets the kill, because if they do, it wasn’t damaged enough for me to get the kill. Not sure why, I guess it’s because it’s fair MA game.

That, and I have a button programmed for MG’s just  to ping a kill going down, because all to often, after I fought the piss out of him, someone got the sure kill angle. Thats furballing. For no other reason at all, to see his callsign I fought.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 07:05:57 PM by Creamo »

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2003, 07:12:10 PM »
Is anoying knowing you have to put more rounds then necessary into a kill just to be assured some dweeb isn't going to steal it on the way down.

Why I like the Tiffie, one hit and the only thing left is dust. Assists are near impossible.

...-Gixer