Author Topic: boring pizza  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
boring pizza
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2003, 12:42:29 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
beetle proving people wrong and making a good point on how i'm so hypocritical, and me trying to act like i'm not redundant.     perfect pizza thread.

only thing more boring than talking about the pizza map is furballing. i think i'll go strat a while.
lazs

:D

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2003, 01:28:27 PM »
beetle Ive been landing 12 kill sorties in a jug d11 too but not ussually in furballs like the small maps (sometimes). its so easy to kill the 1 or two cons at a time even when lone wolfing just pick em off they come back or a new one comes along. the mass of friendlies and enemies fighting eachother is missing. its all one sided fights one way or the other or its lonewolf action.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
boring pizza
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2003, 02:29:34 PM »
well put rude and cit.    

lazs

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2003, 03:10:25 PM »
Pizza sux, hate it.

I could up 100% in my pony and fly around looking for pleebs to blast out of the sky,  one at a time.   Sure I'd land 6-10 kills  about every time.   BORING

Whether in a pony or my new found pet,  FM2, I want to find a fight where I have to track multiple bogies  in 3 dimensions.  Give me the alt monkey cherry pickers along w/ the grass mowing furballers... en masse!!

Win or lose, there is nothing more exciting for me in the game than to be in the midst of all those cons.

Pizza map does not promote, harldy permits these kinds of fights.
Did have one last night.... til the bish sank the cv :/

Order me a smaller pizza please, with the bases closer together*

I love the game!!!

*Lazs, many times.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2003, 03:28:16 PM »
Hey, I just noticed I'm on probation.... cooooool!
I just noticed that some of my posts were deleted in another thread..  Gosh Skuzzy,  should I check w/ you before I post anything?  I mean, you allow  all sorts of country/political bashing, several people were allowed to insult me repeatedly, even threaten violence, that's all ok.  The posts you deleted didn't include any profanity or threats, unlike many of those who posted to me, and suffered no such sanction.  Ohhhh... ya I get it, you didn't disagree w/ their position. It's ok to insult me and threaten violence, but I dare not respond since my position was an unpopular one.  I'll get put on probation whilst those who threatened physical violence(which is a crime) are allowed to continue.  I get it now.
The good ol' boy network is alive and well, right here on this board.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2003, 03:42:59 PM by Steve »

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2003, 05:07:08 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
I give this one a 2 thumbs down.
Whassup, Creamo - did you just come back from watching "The English Patient"?

Yeah, it was a boring film - mine, not the English Patient. As I said, I posted it to make a point. Only 61 people online on the pizza map - you can't expect a US Prime Time Children's Map Vulchfest - 12 kills in 5 minutes or something like that. But neither is it correct to say that "there are no fights on Pizza". That's all I was trying to show.

Rude said:
As to you finding fights at will, your definition of a fight is not the same as mine....you fly carefully and from an advantage...be it from numbers or alt it's not the same fight. I've watched you dive in from above and then zoom away, sometimes out of icon range of a fight...you then return to repeat the above.
Well fair enough, I've seen you in action too. I fly carefully, but I try to stay alive. The last time I saw you, you were co-alt with me. You dived in on 2 Ni1Ks with reckless abandon, and were a smoking wreck in less than 20 seconds. Doing that means that you spend much more time taking off and flying to the target zone - something you guys hate, if your BBS posts are to be believed.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
boring pizza
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2003, 05:19:09 PM »
How do you get on Probation?  That's neeeto!  I didn't even know you could be on AHBB Probation!

Skuzzy can I be on Probation too?  Pleeeeez? :D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2003, 05:33:23 PM »
PS Rude - sorry if I hit a raw nerve.

Tumor/Steve. Don't you think you're acting like a couple of arses?

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2003, 06:24:20 PM »
Tumor, getting on probation is easy.  Here's all there is to it:
First, you have to post a pragmatic yet unpopular view on a thread, preferably a thread where emotions run high(easy to find).
Then you have to be the target of much profanity and insults, death threats, and other threats of violence.
While this is going on, you must continue to support your view, in spite of the abuse.  Then, even when a few people bravely chime in, supporting the crux of your view, you get put on probation!

A couple of the more interesting threats I received: Steve, I bet you wouldn't talk like that w/ a .45 in your face.

Steve: Die

A handful of numerous assorted other threats of violence as well.
For this, you can be put on probation.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
boring pizza
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2003, 06:38:28 PM »
Before everyone starts shedding tears for poor ol' Steve, that 'unpopular opinion' was that the guy whos cat died was a moron for feeling anything.  Repeatedly.  He said anyone who loves their pet has emotional problems, and reiterated that it was 'just a cat'.

sniffle... poor steve...  I feel the same sympathy for you that I feel for an indignant white supremecist who wonders why people don't like him.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
boring pizza
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2003, 06:41:35 PM »
Toad, i'de show you, but skuzzy locked the thread and deleted most of the juicy stuff steve said.

Guy was mourning his cat, came here lookin for some comfort..

Steve: "It's just a cat,"

So ya.. it gave a whole new meaning to "stir the chit"
That and he stuck around and made oodles more comments that lacked any intelligent thought whatsoever.

Don't start discussing it here, this is a war between beetle and me, and lazs and Toad, with lazs already convinced he's taken over the world.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2003, 06:46:16 PM by Rutilant »

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
boring pizza
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2003, 06:42:28 PM »
Oh, classic avoidance of responsibility:

> post a pragmatic yet unpopular view on a thread

Good so far, you say that you posted it.

> Then you have to be the target of much profanity and insults

You mean....  you were put on probation because other people yelled at you?  No, it was probably because you posted a message.  Not because other people responded to it.  

I wonder if a day passes where you don't utter 'it's not my fault!'

Steve (n) st-^e-v.  Definition: See 'victim mentality'.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2003, 07:25:38 PM »
I wasn't going to dredge it up but since Chairboy is blatantly lying, I feel obligated.
I never said poor Pfunk was a moron for feeling for his dead pet.
I said I do not understand how one could love a pet as much as a human family member.  If you're going to dredge this back up, at least have the integrity to be truthful.

Victim mentality.. oh geez.  First, do you deny that the things I wrote in this thread happened?  Second, my posts in here were tongue in cheek.. next time I'll put a big flag up that labels it as such so silly goobs like you will see it coming.

As for lackin intelligence... Rut is just another member of those who didn't like my view.  I guess i could fire insults in return but I don't see the point.

Now, we can continue this argument since I'm not going to allow you to abuse me unchecked. Or you can drop it... whatever you do chairboy, at least be truthful.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2003, 07:30:15 PM by Steve »

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2003, 07:28:07 PM »
Please return to the previous subject of this thread, as Rut pointed out.  It was one all could enjoy, spectators and participants both!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
boring pizza
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2003, 07:30:44 PM »
Hey... I LOVE MY CAT.

But if my cat died... I'd get a new one.  Or not, all that hairball puking litter box stink would be fresh on my mind.

Is this probationable?  Is that a word?
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann