Author Topic: boring pizza  (Read 2492 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
boring pizza
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2003, 07:57:41 AM »
I don't have any avatar.

and rut... beetle doesn't even fly U.S. times..  he doesn't have any idea about the pizza map as it applies to us.   Like you, He doesn't furball.   Citabria explained why the map sucks for a lot of us.   It is really that simple.

beetle... rut is on your side... think about it.   Time to re-evaluate ur position?   He is probly the only guy here who spends more time with me in his head than you...  and look what it's done to him.
lazs

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
boring pizza
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2003, 08:00:08 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Yeah, why actually READ something when you can just look at the pictures and draw erroneous conclusions.

We are suppose to READ post before answering ?
:D

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2003, 09:32:37 AM »
Hehe, Rut. I don't need "them" to tell me what's what and what's not on the pizza map, or any other map. :)

Originally posted by lazs2
and rut... beetle doesn't even fly U.S. times.. he doesn't have any idea about the pizza map as it applies to us. Like you, He doesn't furball.    
Wrong, on at least two counts.

Last night, I was having such fun on the Pizza that I stayed well past midnight, and into "US Prime Time". And I decided to give the 109G10 a good airing out again - no building battling. - Landed at least three separate 6-kill sorties. Died once or twice.

Yes, some people here hate films. They try to make the person who has posted the film feel awkward by posing accusations of bragging.

But the real reason they don't like films is because their considered views and assessments of other players are exposed as pure drivel. Some people like to assess other players purely by looking at their stats and scores - as meaningless as judging how someone drives by looking at the colour of their car and the condition of the paintwork.

I am not one to shrink in the face of adversity, so guess what?  I'm going to post another film. It's here. And in that film, should you choose to download it, you will see another Lazs myth dispelled. (Actually not just Lazs, but a couple of others too): That Uncle Beet flies "timid". Well, the second kill came when I got confronted simultaneously by a 190, a 205, and an LA7. Did I turn and run? Nope. Did I bail? Nope. They were higher than me, and I knew I had to engage them to stand half a chance. So I aimed for their low 12 - forcing them into a negative-G situation should they choose to HO me - figured at least one of them would. Sure enough, here comes the LA7... My plan was to pull up for the shot as late as possible, allowing time to unload my own airframe prior to firing. Timing wasn't perfect, and the LA7 blew off half my elevator. So I had to fly the rest of the sortie with half an elevator. Oh the LA7? The smoking wreck drifted down to earth. Another myth dispelled - Uncle Beet doesn't know how to kill LA7s blah blah blah..... timid.. blah blah... sky accountant... blah

I went on to get another five before RTB. One was a vulch. In most of the others, the con tried to pull up to force the vertical HO. What I liked best was being able to remain in the combat area as long as I did. That was made possible by adequate spacing between fields. On the children's maps, there would have been interlopers flying in from a neigbouring field a mere 5 minutes away.

OK, I'm not competing with Twentieth Century Fox for new attainments in the field of cinematography. And I'm not trying to win any Pizza-Pilot-of-the-tour accolades. So don't take the thread off topic by quoting k/t, k/d, kills between shags or any other stat that seeks to show me in the worst possible light.

There's no arguing with a film. It is proof. And I have posted this one to dispel one further myth - that there are "no fights" on the pizza map, a statement that is patently false.

What's a furball? Is there a dictionary definition? I assumed it meant a mix-up of aircraft from opposing sides engaging in air to air combat. Like this picture. I took the picture because I wanted to remember these guys. They were good - worked as a team etc. Looked like a furball to me. But oh! It can't have been! It's the pizza map...

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
boring pizza
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2003, 09:47:36 AM »
Ok, let's rephrase this... It's not that there are "no furballs" on the pizza map it is just that 90% of the time there are no decent furballs.   the reason people are frustrated with the map is because it is not only possible, but likely, that you will fly for an hour or two and never find a decent furball.   If you do find one then it is gvery likely that someone will ruin it before very long.

all of us get 6 kill sorties from time to time but  you seem to show us every single one that you get.... You do it in late war monsters or perk planes during off peak hours for the most part and.... you don't maintain much over a 2/1 KD even at that so.... rather than these big kill sorties being the rule.... they must surely be the exception in long strings of being shot down by every plane you engage.    We never see those films tho do we?    What do you do with those films?

The pizza map has the highest probability of being boring and lacking any significant action of any map in the set.    It really is that simple and most people realize it.    To say that " I got a couple of six kill sorties in my G10 so pizza must be action packed" is ludicrous.   or... an excuse to pat yourself on the back.... Most of us reading this know that those are the only two choices.
lazs

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2003, 09:50:05 AM »
Get the urge to play...log onto AH.........get to tower pop up the MAP.............hesitate.then say naw...and log off.  It is boring.
Just to much time to find a fight...when ya get there it's over with...then chase fights all day.  Yell at me when another MAP comes up Friday.....until then I'm taking a nap :D
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2003, 12:01:14 PM »
I'm not banned, Dowding.. whacha talkin about?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
boring pizza
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2003, 12:24:41 PM »
"They were higher than me, and I knew I had to engage them to stand half a chance."

Thats the key Beet1e ... had you not been forced in that situation you would have flown the "safe" way. Staying at alt and picking people off and extending long distances when engaged with a possible disadvantage.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2003, 01:20:16 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
Rude,

Dont take this the wrong way but i think you need some time off from this board...

Ya know...I think you're right.

I have decided to not participate in the O'Club any longer as the ridicule of my squadmate has made me so angry that I no longer trust myself with some who post there.

Here, this is different.....folks at least start nice harmless threads and they don't usually go south for 10-15 replies...I can handle this:)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2003, 06:24:02 PM »
Lazs

I read your post above, and I can tell you were trying to be nice. :) Have you been practising? Muhahaha - :D  

One of the problems you are having is a constant wrangle with the truth. You come out with statements that are patently false, and wonder why events around you fail to make sense.
90% of the time there are no decent furballs. the reason people are frustrated with the map is because it is not only possible, but likely, that you will fly for an hour or two and never find a decent furball. If you do find one then it is very likely that someone will ruin it before very long.
I disagree entirely. I was on for at least five hours last night, and never got bored. I found all the action I wanted in an area to the north of the pizza, and it was non-stop. The risk of someone ruining it before long is greatest on the children’s maps, on which an interloper can take off from a “remote” field, and get to you in five minutes. That’s because the fields are too close together on the children’s maps.

Because I’ve been a meanie in the past on the BBS instead of agreeing with you all the time, your reaction has been to portray me as an unskilled dweeb. OK, if it pleases you, I will accept the mantle of unskilled dweeb. But then you rail on about my k/d being 2/1. The only place where you can find a plane by plane breakdown of k/d by plane is on the stats pages. The score pages do not show this. (Admittedly, the score pages do not seem to tally with the stats pages - so pick whichever one makes me look worse, and use that) Instead, all fighter scores are lumped together, and sorties flown as attack sorties are not taken into account. This has suited your cause to denounce me admirably in the past, because I used to score my jabo sorties separately.

But the reason you can’t understand the score line in my films is because you would rather judge my driving style by the colour of my car than by taking a ride with me. When confronted by raw data and by proof, you then have to twist and turn and look for other ways to put me down in furtherance of your cause. The k/d FACTS for the current tour are these.
  • 109G10 4.3/1.
  • 109F4 7/1
  • F4U-1C 8/1
  • 190A5 9/1
Been getting better with the G10 since dumping the spud cannon and going back to gondolas – better for angles shots. Yes, I do fly some late war monsters. The 109G10 is good for survivability. You have the luxury of flying as part of a squad. My squadmates got pissed off with AH gameplay and left. So I fly alone a lot and need survivability, but you will never see me in a P51/LA7/Spit ix/YAK9U.
You do it in late war monsters or perk planes during off peak hours for the most part
However, the 109F4 and 190A5 are neither late war monsters nor perk planes, so do you have any of your special brand of rhetoric to cover the situation? Unskilled dweeb I may be, but I have to be holding the handle when these planes do their stuff. :D The films are from this week's pizza, but if it suits your cause, feel free to quote unrelated stats from earlier tours - anything you like to show me in the worst possible light. :D

Yet again, you have taken one of my films, and tried to steer the discussion towards personal achievement. My post here is only necessary because you continue to refute the facts and seek to portray me in the worst possible light by quoting misleading, inaccurate, irrelevant and out of date stats. Are you mad at me for not needing a gun?  But OK. Tomorrow’s film will be a better one, in which there is a lot of action going on around me. The object is of course to show how wrong you are about inactivity on the pizza map.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 06:26:56 PM by beet1e »

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
boring pizza
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2003, 06:46:21 PM »
pizza map is more for sneaking up behind and blasting them while they still climbing. pizza map is also good for learning A.C.M right? what ive found about pizza map is you need to have high SA to sucessful right?

skull12
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2003, 06:59:26 PM »
Entertaining to be sure.

Beet1e
That’s because the fields are too close together on the children’s maps.

Well, you disagree w/ Rude's opinion on the pizza map... I disagree w/ you on the smaller maps.  w/ fields closer together , the fights are easier to get to, ergo easier to find in early war planes.

Beet1e
on which an interloper can take off from a “remote” field, and get to you in five minutes

Why wouldn't you want enemies to find you sooner as opposed to later?  If it only takes five minutes to find an enemy, one can only surmise that one can get in more fights.  More fights means more furballs.

Beet1e, I have no doubt you can find  films with good fights on the pizza map.  Wuld you like me to start posting an equal number of films where I can't find a good fight?

I dunno about all that K/d stuff. IMHO anyone w/ a K/D of better than 2/1 is doing pretty good.  Maybe I'm a noob and have low standards but I don't think anyone that maintains a 2/1 or better should be regarded as an unskilled dweeb

Beet1e:

You come out with statements that are patently false

This is pretty reckless Beet1e.  How do you know it is "patently" false?  Perhaps in Rude's experinces, he has had great difficulty finding a furball.  Maybe you have been more fortunate than him in this regard.  In any event, I don't think you should be discounting someone else's life experiences as false.

Beet1e:

So I fly alone a lot and need survivability, but you will never see me in a P51

This is an interesting quote Beet1e.  A g10 is faster than a pony where most fights take place, climbs better, and had more lethal guns.  Explain to me why you will fly a g10 but not a pony.

Are you mad at me for not needing a gun?

I understand this is a rhetorical question intended to make Rude mad, it was ...well ugh.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
boring pizza
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2003, 07:39:50 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
This is an interesting quote Beet1e.  A g10 is faster than a pony where most fights take place, climbs better, and had more lethal guns.  Explain to me why you will fly a g10 but not a pony.

because it can't do all the things the 109g10 can? because he might be forced to actually try and turn with it when he gets caught? because a pony rode him when he was younger?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
boring pizza
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2003, 09:52:47 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
It obviously escaped your notice, but I haven't posted in this thread until now.

So, if you want to carry on imaginary discussions with someone, press on. You might want to use "Harvey" though.

As far as a "war" with you, I don't think so. You'd have to post something of substance first.

Well, Toad.. you and lazs don't go anywhere without eachother, being joined at the hip and all.

About posting something of substance.. I'm not one to make the first move. :)

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
boring pizza
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2003, 10:05:19 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I don't have any avatar.

and rut... beetle doesn't even fly U.S. times..  he doesn't have any idea about the pizza map as it applies to us.   Like you, He doesn't furball.   Citabria explained why the map sucks for a lot of us.   It is really that simple.

beetle... rut is on your side... think about it.   Time to re-evaluate ur position?   He is probly the only guy here who spends more time with me in his head than you...  and look what it's done to him.
lazs

I never said i didnt furball, and if i can find a half decent furball on ANY map, i'de fly it. Not climb/vulch wars like the small maps - i find more low fights in pizza and trinity than any other map.

Oh.. and tou're giving yourself too much credit.. I don't spend a fraction of the time thinkin about ya as your mind makes you think i do.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
boring pizza
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2003, 11:43:55 PM »
Sometimes I like to play the Rudel game and attack vehicles. Taking them out of the game is not the answer. Furball only would get boring too. Im adopting a wait and see attitude. Im pretty sure classic AH is where I will be but I will give the new idea a go too.

Cit your getting predictable in your posts. Are you recycling because Ive seen this one before?