Author Topic: Enough is Enough!  (Read 4290 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2003, 10:06:59 PM »
LOL, thanks for proving my point Bohdi.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2003, 09:13:30 AM »
LOL Dago, your point is lost, especially when you go back and read through your posts.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2003, 06:13:22 PM »
Bill O'Reilly makes a competent case pro Bodhi...
I was always for legalized pot, but O'reilly makes a good point why it should not be legalized as well as a take on the 10 commandments issue......
I dont personally need guidance from a higher power and have always argued for the separation of church and state, but if you look at the bigger picture my argument kinda losses weight if you consider that there are a lot of people that really do need guidance from a god..They just do.... And if having the 10 commandments outside the courtroom helps one person who needs help then leave the damned statue where it is!!! Its not going to hurt anyone leaving it where it is!
 I also recommend reading O'reilly's point even if you don't like him!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,95893,00.html

T0J0

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2003, 06:58:29 PM »
O'reilly makes no sense, how does "And if drugs ever become legalized, he'll be able to blow that pot smoke right in your kids' face.  Is that the kind of society you want, where any kind of boorish behavior is acceptable" get involved with the ten commandments? He dances off the subject and prays on your fears to persuade your thinking.

"This is about a significant power in this country that does not want any mention or reminder of spirituality in public, period"

That would be the supreme court, but why should we listen to them?

His argument comes down to " if we take the ten commandments out of government, total anarchy will break out"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 07:03:28 PM by Sixpence »
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2003, 07:36:21 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
O'reilly makes no sense, how does "And if drugs ever become legalized, he'll be able to blow that pot smoke right in your kids' face.  Is that the kind of society you want, where any kind of boorish behavior is acceptable" get involved with the ten commandments? He dances off the subject and prays on your fears to persuade your thinking.

"This is about a significant power in this country that does not want any mention or reminder of spirituality in public, period"

That would be the supreme court, but why should we listen to them?

His argument comes down to " if we take the ten commandments out of government, total anarchy will break out"

If there is any chance that legalizing pot would allow any pot smoker to blow pot smoke in my 10 year olds face whenever he wanted, then it should never be legalized period...
 "Thats my opinion and very many others"

When I go in front of a judge, what is it that I am asked to swear upon?  "Hint"=Its a book"
How long have we been swearing on this? So help me who?
 T0J0

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2003, 07:40:11 PM »
Originally posted by T0J0
If there is any chance that legalizing pot would allow any pot smoker to blow pot smoke in my 10 year olds face whenever he wanted, then it should never be legalized period...

But what did that have to do with the ten commandments? That no ten commandments means they will legalize pot?

When I go in front of a judge, what is it that I am asked to swear upon?  "Hint"=Its a book"
How long have we been swearing on this? So help me who?
 T0J0
[/QUOTE]

So if you don't believe in the bible you can lie?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 07:42:13 PM by Sixpence »
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2003, 08:03:39 PM »
Originally posted by T0J0

Do booze hounds pour alcohol down your 10 year old's throat?

Do people taking prescription medication throw pills at your 10 year old?

Going to the extremes to make a point is often the sign of a lack of an argument.
-SW

Offline scout

• Zinc Member
Enough is Enough!
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2003, 08:54:21 PM »
Why was this thread started at all ? To rehearse everything from the original thread ?

Anyway, my opinion, a court can't afford even the appearance of bias.

A muslim/christian (for example) hate-crime is unfortunately only a matter of time before it happens.