Author Topic: "You might be a leftist if..."  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
"You might be a leftist if..."
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2003, 04:39:03 PM »
You might be a leftist if...

You claim that Rip's list was full of inaccuracies and sketchy correlations immediately preceading the posting of your own personal 'you might be a right winger' list.

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2003, 07:21:48 PM »
Don't let the falacy of generalization blind ya .... putting 'left' or 'right' label on something really means nothing anymore ..... maybe it meant something many years ago..

Just understand ...... words, our language itself lends us to putting things in catagories, to genralize them ... but in the end this often fails to describe a thing in true detail.... i think the Left/Right BS is just that Bull...  non-catagories, meaningless :D

can't we be centeric or some such non-sense :)

But one fact remains ... they are all in bed with 'Wal-Mart'   'cause mom & pop don't have lobbists

Good thing some countries stood up to 'them' in Cancun'

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2003, 09:34:23 AM »
The only hadware/everything store in my town has be gouging everyone heavily for more than 30 years.   I will welcome the Wall mart that is opening this month.

The prices have dropped at the "mom and pop" store to allmost realistic and the sevice has went from surley to pasted on smiles and half hearted "how are ya doings".... way too late.   Guess they will just have to sell their store and the 43 other properties that they own in town and retire on some pitance of 5-10 million or so.

As for liberals... start to worry that you may be one and may be cutting your own throat if you notice that you have voted allong with the women.   If you are not black and you vote with the black voter block then you really need to worry too.

I would vote libertarian if I thought they had a chance in hell.
lazs

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2003, 10:00:35 AM »
-You support banning the smoking of tobacco and legalizing marijuana.

To fricken funny!!!

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2003, 04:30:43 PM »
Speaking up for the women here.

Not all women are liberals, but yes; we have a different viewpoint a lot of the time then men. Why? Because there's more of a maternal instinct here, an instinct that wants to save and preserve rather than the instinct to bomb the crap out of everything.

On the other hand, I know a *lot* of women who are under the false impression that the Bush administration has told the American people the truth about everything. Why? Because they're sheltered and don't want to know the truth. They listen like good little wives to what their husbands tell them, and they do what they're told to do. They vote like the good little sheep they are and come home to a smile from their husband.

I, personally, am never going to be like that. And you guys should be darn happy about it, too. Why? Because I'm willing to go look for things myself. I'm willing to scour the Democrat and Replican websites to see what they have to say for themselves, to see the stands candidates take on things.. look at world news, look at local news and see the amazing differences in what gets reported. I'm not going to vote the way my parents told me to, or my fiance.. I'm going to vote for what I think is right. It might be conservative on some things, and it might be radicaly liberal on others.

Just... Damn people who think for themselves. They always get in the way, don't they? Should round up all those trouble makers and send them off to France! You guys would all be much happier here without us. Just don't come crying and begging for help when you can't get rid of dictator shrub.

I cannot believe that some of you guys are still so pigheaded as to think that women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Welcome to America, the place where all people are created equal. Except when it comes to voting and deciding our future. Let me guess, some of you are all about denying African Americans the right to vote too?

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2003, 05:06:25 PM »
well put kesolei

strk

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2003, 05:10:40 PM »
Originally posted by kesolei
Speaking up for the women here.

Not all women are liberals, but yes; we have a different viewpoint a lot of the time then men. Why? Because there's more of a maternal instinct here, an instinct that wants to save and preserve rather than the instinct to bomb the crap out of everything.

On the other hand, I know a *lot* of women who are under the false impression that the Bush administration has told the American people the truth about everything. Why? Because they're sheltered and don't want to know the truth. They listen like good little wives to what their husbands tell them, and they do what they're told to do. They vote like the good little sheep they are and come home to a smile from their husband.

I, personally, am never going to be like that. And you guys should be darn happy about it, too. Why? Because I'm willing to go look for things myself. I'm willing to scour the Democrat and Replican websites to see what they have to say for themselves, to see the stands candidates take on things.. look at world news, look at local news and see the amazing differences in what gets reported. I'm not going to vote the way my parents told me to, or my fiance.. I'm going to vote for what I think is right. It might be conservative on some things, and it might be radicaly liberal on others.

Just... Damn people who think for themselves. They always get in the way, don't they? Should round up all those trouble makers and send them off to France! You guys would all be much happier here without us. Just don't come crying and begging for help when you can't get rid of dictator shrub.

I cannot believe that some of you guys are still so pigheaded as to think that women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Welcome to America, the place where all people are created equal. Except when it comes to voting and deciding our future. Let me guess, some of you are all about denying African Americans the right to vote too?

maam, step AWAY from the crack pipe!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2003, 06:00:43 PM »
Let me guess, some of you are all about denying African Americans the right to vote too?

They aren't that uptight. They believe Blacks should get 3/5 of a vote, just like the census.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2003, 08:18:01 PM »
Because there's more of a maternal instinct here, an instinct that wants to save and preserve rather than the instinct to bomb the crap out of everything.
====
What about abortion?  Where is this maternal instinct to save and preserve when the unborn are getting murdered by their very own mothers.

The majority of american woman want this right preserved.
In the spirit of manly death and destruction, I support them.

edit: strk, dont forget to pop up for air.  From time to time.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 08:20:37 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Re: "You might be a leftist if..."
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2003, 08:24:34 PM »
You Might be a Leftist If . . .
By Marc Levin
FrontPageMagazine.com | October 8, 2003

-You believe John Ashcroft poses a greater danger to America than Osama bin Laden tie

-You think President Bush lied to the nation but his predecessor did not. they both did...there politicians for feks sake

-You believe President Bush is too dumb to be President and Arnold Schwarzenegger is too dumb to be Governor of California, but the Dixie Chicks, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Barbra Streisand, Eddie Vedder and Jeanine Garofalo are qualified to discourse at length on foreign policy. there all pretty stupid

-You believe all conservatives are racist, but do not think minorities can ever succeed without Affirmative Action.

they arnt and they probably can...if they would let them

-You can't decide which is worse: the Patriot Act or the Patriot Missile.
patriot missile...

-You believe Saddam Hussein, Kim Jong Il, and Yasser Arafat were fairly and democratically elected, but President Bush was not.
they werent...he wasnt...he was appointed...

-You root for prisoners when they escape from our oppressive prisons, but oppose allowing poor children to escape from failing public schools.

the prisons arnt oppressive enough...i blame the oh so very high costs of private school...that and rap ;)

-You support every kind of "diversity" on campus, except political orientation.
its all good

-You support banning the smoking of tobacco and legalizing marijuana.

legalize it all...d00d

-You are enraged by the so-called mistreatment of Muslim prisoners (who have gained weight while dining on their specially prepared Koran-approved meals) at Guantanamo Bay, but believe the world should have stood idly by while Saddam Hussein filled mass graves.

im not enraged...they shouldent have...but they should have come up with some real evidence...

-You have found where the right to an abortion is written in the Constitution but cannot find where the Constitution provides for a right to keep and bear arms.
its not in the constitution but theres a law that allows it somewhere in there...its the right to bear arm as a part of a well formed militia...wich isnt needed since the british reinvasion plan hsa gone under ;)

-You support campus speech codes that ban pick-up lines and amorous gazes, but never spoke out against President Clinton's physical sexual harassment in the White House.

they can do what they want...there isnt any public outcry when john doe does the same...

-You applauded Jimmy Carter for talking about human rights in foreign policy but opposed George W. Bush for doing something about human rights.

i did...throwing them out the window isnt applaudable (i beleive he said there should be limits to freedom at some point...bastard)

-You believe that trial lawyers taking 33 to 40 percent of a plaintiff's recovery in lawsuits is just about right, but the federal government taking this amount of our income in taxes is not nearly enough.

its not, its more than enough up here in canada

-You believe the former Governor of a New England state with 608,827 people is more than adequately experienced to be President in 2004, but the Governor of a Southwestern state with 21,325,018 people was completely unprepared in 2000.

might...might not...and look what a crap bellybutton job he did of it to

-You agree with Toni Morrison that President Clinton was "the first black President," but didn't criticize Al Sharpton for recently labeling President Bush a "gang leader."

he wasnt...he is

-You believe we could get more truth out of the Pentagon if only Don Rumsfeld were replaced by Mohammed Al-Sahhaf.

its a tie

-You believe evangelical Christians are destroying America but don't feel threatened by the radical Wahabbi sect of Islam.

they are...its so radical those who follow it get what they deserve

-When it comes to violent crime, you believe in hating the crime but loving the criminal.

hate the crime...hang the criminal up by his toes

-You support unlimited appeals for convicted criminals, but believe it is undemocratic for Californians to reverse their earlier mistake of electing Gray Davis.

they dont deserve it, it is democratic...but its expensive  to hold an election...and if you screw up you should have to live with it for the correct amount of time

-You believe U.S. exports of genetically modified foods pose a greater threat to African nations than corrupt dictators like Zimbabwe's Mugabe.

its a tie

-You believe welfare is a fundamental human right and workfare is a human rights violation.

it is...its not

-You believe religion is a scourge on our society, but becoming one with Mother Nature by merging with the universal consciousness and harmonizing with lunar reverberations will save us.

there both pretty stupid

-You believe President Bush is an environmental criminal for poisoning the water with arsenic, but have never complained about Saddam Hussein's devastating Iraq and Kuwait's environment by setting intentional oil well fires and committing genocide against the Marsh Arabs by draining their wetlands.

he is...how come no one knew about this until you needed reasons to go into iraq???

-Your car sports the bumper sticker saying that "it will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need and the military has to hold bake sales," but oppose allowing the U.S. military to volunteer recruitment tables on college campuses because of their "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy.

split the money 50/50 any government orginization that has enough money left over to spend on making a computer game has to much money

If the above has successfully profiled you, congratulations! You have won a one-way ticket to Paris aboard the massive cruise ship, "The U.S.S.R. Michael Moore." Your ticket will be held at the nearest Dennis Kucinich for President rally. Matricular consular ID cards issued by foreign governments will be gladly accepted as identification.
;) ;) ;)

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2003, 09:23:49 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
What about abortion?  Where is this maternal instinct to save and preserve when the unborn are getting murdered by their very own mothers.

The majority of american woman want this right preserved.
In the spirit of manly death and destruction, I support them.

That's a matter of a different stature. Most women who end up having abortions do so because of a few reasons. a) They're 16 and way too young, they made a mistake and shouldn't have to have their lives ruined because of it. b) The child is from a rape, and seeing that child every day would only bring about the memory of such a traumatic experiance. c) They can by no means support the child once its born because the man who knocked them up dissapeared as soon as responsiblity came into play, and rather than bring a child into the world then put them up for adoption and possibly the chance to lead a rather... unhappy life, they ended it before it happened.

It also happens that most women who do have an abortion are haunted by that for the rest of their lives. The wondering about what could have been, the emptyness they feel at the loss of a child; its horrible. But sometimes it is the better alternative.

Of course, there are those who are completely irresponsible and have abortion after abortion because they sleep around and are just plain abusing the idea; those women aren't haunted by it, and frankly.. they disgust me. But for the rest... if your daughter was raped at the young age of 16 because some idiot slipped a drug in her drink at a party, and she ended up pregnant... would you really want to force her to carry that reminder to term? That can really screw up a young girls life, and I doubt you'd wish that on anyone. In a sense guys have it lucky, if they get a girl pregnant.. they can keep going to school, keep on in society and not be looked down upon. But a young girl who walks around pregnant is scorned. Fair, hm?

It can be argued that women want the right preserved so that they can save the life of someone tangible, and while its really unfortunate that the potential of another being is lost.. the potential for another already here is saved. Its a trade-off.

Abortion is a touchy subject, and one of those where people aren't ever going to come to an agreement.. and really has nothing to do with the point I was attempting to illustrate. And I could go on about this, but I'm not going to because no matter what I say- someone on this board is going to find a way to skew it to their favor.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2003, 09:54:37 PM »
Originally posted by kesolei
Because there's more of a maternal instinct here, an instinct that wants to save and preserve rather than the instinct to bomb the crap out of everything.

Keso, in my experience there is NOTHING more violent than a group of women working together.  I have seen some fights at work but nothing approaches the amount of back stabbing that goes on with an office/work environment full of women.  Men may like to bomb, but women plot, scheme, and back stab better than any man could ever dream of.  

Besides, Maggie Thatcher didn't take NO BS from Argentina now did she?  Hehehehehe

CHECK 6!!!!!!!!!!
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2003, 10:03:55 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Keso, in my experience there is NOTHING more violent than a group of women working together.  I have seen some fights at work but nothing approaches the amount of back stabbing that goes on with an office/work environment full of women.  Men may like to bomb, but women plot, scheme, and back stab better than any man could ever dream of.  

Besides, Maggie Thatcher didn't take NO BS from Argentina now did she?  Hehehehehe

Well, that's a skill right there that takes ages to perfect. And... Yea, okay. I'm not gonna deny it. Women can be downright evil. But a lot of times that is cued by something.. perceived threat to self or family.

And besides Diablo, don't you think getting rid of Saddam would have been easier if a woman had been coming up with the tactics? It would have taken 2 black women from brooklyn instead of the whole US army. :P (Yes, humor! Yay.)

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2003, 02:17:41 AM »
Hmmmm where was that proposal to create a political forum?

It gets my vote.

Daniel

Offline wklink

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.simhq.com
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2003, 02:37:58 AM »
Neither should those that can afford it least. Shouldn't taxes be equal percentages without loopholes only for the wealthiest?

Of course you realize that the top 10 percent of the US population pays 90% of the taxes in this country.

How is that fair?  Why should the poorest get a tax break, they are paying the least as it is.  Economically giving tax breaks to the lowest tax payers does nothing for the economy.  I am all for cutting people some slack but common.

A few years ago, Steve Forbes, while a Presidential candidate offered a flat tax program of something akin to 12% of what you make above a certain rate-I think 35K if I remember right.  You make 34K, you pay nothing, you make 36, you pay 12% of the 1K.

Would have been great for the poor.  The poor would have payed nothing.  Most middle class would have seen their taxes drop dramatically (me included).  What happened to the flat tax proposal....  Liberals shot it down as being 'unfair'.  Forbes was a 'conservative' offering a plan to eliminate taxes for the poorest people in this country and Liberals berated him for his tax plan being unfair because it supposedly cut taxes for the 'wealthy'.

Explain that one.
The artist formerly known as Tom 'Wklink' Cofield