Author Topic: My 1st map whine, I guess  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
My 1st map whine, I guess
« on: November 15, 2003, 12:13:37 PM »
To start with I`ve always said we will play the MA as it is set up or not play at all, and that`s the way I still look at it.
  I salute anyone who has taken the time to produce a new map.
  I see numerous folks, as a matter of fact the majority, singing the praises of the FesterMA. Most I have seen says that you can get in a quick fight anytime , anywhere on this map or that us strat dweebs can do our thing also.
  I first saw it and said ............ well it`s deffinetly different and tryed to figure out how to approach it. I`m still working on this.
  I just figured if we want to take a base , just up a field or so back, grab alt and pork the sucka. The problem with that is it don`t work. There`s too many fields so close together that it doesn`t make  a differnce.
  My second thought was..........OK that don`t work this is a furball map, and the furballers are due one, so I can do this thing and might learn something in the process.  Sooooooo I go into furball mode. This don`t work either because basicaly all I have seen is a mass of Lalas and Niktards that you give the benefit of a doubt on the first pass not to HO and your screwing up because your about ot catch a face full.
  Somebody had to say it , so I did. There is no point to this map because trying to reset is a lesson in futility. Trying to furball here will get you HOed 9 outa 10 times by a N1k or a Lala.
  Once again I will say that a lot of folks say this map is the cat`s meow because of all the good fights. I have yet to see one. Looks to me like it`s either a 1 to 10 hoardefest or a HO fest of N1ks and Lalas.
  Like I say we will play in the MA with the cards that`s dealt us and I applaud Fester`s hard work and effort on creating this map.
  I have a couple of questions.
#1 Does anyone besides me find the gameplay boring and wirhout a point on this map?
  #2   If this was meant  to be the ultimate furballer map that has been so sought after and requested for early war planes and to suit the " get down in the dirt furballer" map , then why the hell is Fester flyin a 262?  

:D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Re: My 1st map whine, I guess
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 12:19:07 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
 I have a couple of questions.
#1 Does anyone besides me find the gameplay boring and wirhout a point on this map?
  #2   If this was meant  to be the ultimate furballer map that has been so sought after and requested for early war planes and to suit the " get down in the dirt furballer" map , then why the hell is Fester flyin a 262?  

1.  Not boring.  And do any maps really have a point when it comes down to it?  You get 20 perks and the chance to do it all again.  If those perks are that big a deal, well... if I can't say something nice, I won't say anything at all.  

2.  Because he's cherry picking the furballs.  Try it sometime; it's a blast.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2003, 12:28:45 PM »
Is it possible to wipe out enemy strat targets to push the line forward?

Maybe this is an alternative for strat player.

I don't know, I've logged a whole 15 mins. this tour.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: My 1st map whine, I guess
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 12:41:43 PM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
1.  Because he's cherry picking the furballs.  Try it sometime; it's a blast.

Muck your a man of astounding intelligence and depth that can put things in perspective in a heart beat.:eek:
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2003, 12:47:57 PM »
Is it possible to wipe out enemy strat targets to push the line forward?

Maybe this is an alternative for strat player.

I don't know, I've logged a whole 15 mins. this tour.

Muckmaw

Muck is a real strat player. I don't think very many of you're brothers have quite the same idea of strat though, which is too bad. It would be nice if the game system someday encouraged real strategic gameplay instead of steamroller tic-tac-toe.

Charon

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2003, 12:52:57 PM »
Never has so little been said with so many words>:cool:

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 01:19:16 PM »
:rofl
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 01:22:58 PM »
Ok.. we (the AoM, including Fester) were winging in 109's for quite some time yesterday...
Army of Muppets

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 01:42:37 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
Ok.. we (the AoM, including Fester) were winging in 109's for quite some time yesterday...

Well watermelon then I take it back! ............................. ............................. ............................. ............................. ............................. ............................. ..............and?

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2003, 01:48:50 PM »
Jackal...maybe u just need some more seat time in fighter if HOs are the big problem?

Not sure where folks get the assumption that the only kills come to those constantly pulling g's at 1k. All this map does is provide a high number of targets in close proximity, what you do after that is wide open.
Hornet

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2003, 01:55:56 PM »
Originally posted by Hornet
Jackal...maybe u just need some more seat time in fighter if HOs are the big problem?

Not sure where folks get the assumption that the only kills come to those constantly pulling g's at 1k. All this map does is provide a high number of targets in close proximity, what you do after that is wide open.

A high number of targets? Maybe if you consider 10 of one side hammering 2 of the other side. Rinse and repeat!

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2003, 02:42:15 PM »
A high number of targets? Maybe if you consider 10 of one side hammering 2 of the other side. Rinse and repeat!

some guys see 10 enemies and think "problem", other guys see 10 and think "lunch". Guess attitude really is everything. ;)
Hornet

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2003, 02:53:23 PM »
When I see 10 enemy planes to my 1, I think "Lunch!"

As in, "They gonna put my dog in a bun and chow down!"

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2003, 04:00:55 PM »
yes but doesn't a maw have to work pretty hard to end up out numbered? Like do u guys post special missions for that to develop your 1 vs many skills? :)
Hornet

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Re: My 1st map whine, I guess
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2003, 04:02:57 PM »

I just figured if we want to take a base , just up a field or so back, grab alt and pork the sucka. The problem with that is it don`t work. There`s too many fields so close together that it doesn`t make  a differnce.

The closeness of the fields was intentional to avoid just what you described.  A couple of suicide field porkers shutting down a field, making it impossible to put up any kind of defense.  On festerma, its more practical to up from nearby friendly bases to help.  If you want to take a field, you have to take it and hold it.

#1, I stopped flying in the ma for a few months, festerma made the main arena fun again.

#2,  There is no requirement saying you have to stay in the dirt.  None saying you can't come in with a massive energy advantage.  The difference is that in festerma, everything just happens much lower.  Instead of climbing to 25k, theres little reason to go above 15k or so.