Author Topic: what is up with the 190a5? (caution rant)  (Read 2141 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
what is up with the 190a5? (caution rant)
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2000, 09:36:00 AM »
My last two kills on 190-A5s has come low to the ground as the 190 was chasing a friendly.  I'd dive down to clear the 6... and the 190 simply began to roll back and forth making it nearly impossible to get a shot.  I'd simply wait for them to either 1) Stop rolling or 2)auger from finally stalling from too many rolls.  Both of my last two kills were from the latter.

Neither of the two planes broke from the pursuit.

AKDejaVu

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2000, 01:21:00 PM »
Just wondering why everyone new who comes to the game and decides to fly a 190A-5 is instantly a "dweeb"? I don't fly it, but if I did, would that make me an instant "dweeb"...even though I've flown other sims for 3 years before coming here. Nice way to attract and keep potential new people to the community.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
Luftjägerkorps

Offline jmccaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2000, 01:37:00 PM »
RAM :

The RAE had a huge amount of respect for the 190 but in conclusion of there report they said :-

"The general impression gained by pilots taking part in the trials is the the Spitfire IX compares favourably with the FW 190 and that provided the Spitfire has the initiative, it has undoubtedly a good chance of shooting it down"

P.S. Also i don't believe that test is a great source with regard to performance due to the fact the 190 had dodgy spark plugs (jeffery quill tells the story of how it's engine died in a flat out low level race between the 190, typhoon, and griffon spit.) Also i believe the spit 9 wasn't run at full boost for some reason.  

[This message has been edited by jmccaul (edited 09-08-2000).]