Author Topic: got one of my little commie guns today..  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Estel

• Copper Member
got one of my little commie guns today..
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2004, 09:18:53 AM »
Your gun is on the second page there. It's so called "Arsenal". Bulgarian producing based on the Makarov's license. As you can see, it have too much differences from the original.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2004, 09:19:42 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
creemo... I did have a berreta in 22 that would fit in a boot.   bet even a tough guy like yourself couldn't swallow more than 5 or six .22's huh?

lazs

Don't tweak out, and for sure please dont shoot me as I never said i was tough, I just pulled yer chain on a bbs quite well. You dont drink, I do. Try 3 bottles of Cook's Brut. It would all make sense.

Course I'd just ***** slap you if you tried to pull out such a pansy handgun from your Poison Stage wear fancy pants wannabe biker boots.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 09:29:39 AM by Creamo »

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2004, 10:35:30 AM »
lazs, I replaced my #17 recoil spring with a #19 Wolff spring. It now only flings the brass 10' feet. :)

http://makarov.com/cart/vitemmak.htm

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2004, 11:11:04 AM »
Thanks, Estel, great link!

To Lasz: be carefull! on the second page there one guy says he talked to a representative of the Bulgarian manufacturer, and he said this "Makarov" has only a 4000 shots warranty, and after 6000th shot he'll be afraid to shoot it himself :(

The guy says that his daily shooting norm in the shooting range is 250-300 cartridges, and he has no problems with standard Army PM, while one of his friends had a Bulgarian Baikal-442's barrel "fly away" in forward direction after 200th shot. :(

Barrel chromed inside doesn't prove that quality of this weapon is good. Chromed barrels were used in war-time PPSh-41 production, mostly because the quality of the barrel finish was unsaticfactory... A cheap solution.

Please, be carefull!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2004, 11:17:33 AM »
estel... that picture is a Makarov as I said it is simply customized a bit but not as much as some I have seen.

Makarov.com has plenty of info on the little commie guns.   Bulgarians have a circle ten proofmark and are about the best deal.

makarov... why the spring?   I am using russian ammo in a russian gun... it functions great why mess with it?

creemo.. I was not in the least offended.  I would never shoot you because I was offended.   Well.... I might but I would feel bad later.

lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2004, 05:35:11 PM »
beetle.... 1.5-3 million times a year guns are used to stop crime  How many deaths did that prevent?   100,000?  more?
Not here. There aren't enough guns for guns to prevent crimes 1½m-3m times a year. And as far as the UK goes, what guns we do have certainly don't prevent 100,000 deaths each year, as you suggest is happening in the US. I know that for a fact because our total annual homicide tally is only about 800 or less. And that's without 50m guns distributed amongst the population.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2004, 05:38:04 PM »
Cool Beet, can we move GB right up against Mexico?  Watch your homicide rate skyrocket.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2004, 05:41:13 PM »
well hell bettle... you probly don't have more than a couple hundred thousand people anyway and no real decent latino or black gangs to speak of...

get with the times man!

in the U.S. guns do more good than harm.  In the UK if you had firearms rights they would do more good than harm there too... simple equation really.  

lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2004, 03:27:43 AM »
in the U.S. guns do more good than harm.  In the UK if you had firearms rights they would do more good than harm there too... simple equation really.  
No, I cannot agree with that. I think you're trying to make the US thesis fit the UK model - again. It is my belief that if there were a guns free-for-all here, the carnage we currently suffer in the form of ~60 gun homicides annually would be much, much worse. Not in white middle class areas perhaps. (I was out walking on Sunday and the sound of gunfire was all around me and, one presumes, a lot of dead pheasants!) But in inner city areas where there is crime, and some people do have guns, things would be worse.

There was an interesting editorial about this in my normal paper, which appeared shortly after a police officer was killed last Dec.26 by a gunman who turned out to be an American on the run from Florida justice. It talked about the difficulties facing the police today, and made the point that one thing they have in their favour is that criminals are frustrated by their inability to get guns, and what a blessing that is.

I was going to post that article - would have been a good one for you and Toad et al. But we had just been bereaved by the loss of OzKansas, and it was a time for decorum.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2004, 08:20:04 AM »
well... if it was and editorial and and interview with one policeman.... well... how can the statistics compete with that?  How much safer are you now that the gun ban of 96 has been in place?   seems your crime rate is rising.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2004, 08:22:07 AM »
makarov9..  what mak is yours?  is it a Bulgarian?  And why change the spring?  Are you loading hot ammo for it?

lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2004, 09:35:23 AM »
How much safer are you now that the gun ban of 96 has been in place?  
Safer than we'd be without it.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2004, 02:43:02 PM »
You are safer now than in '96?   How does having higher crime rates make you safer exactly?

one thing tho... probly some of the best locks in the world will be coming out of england.

lazs

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2004, 03:09:53 PM »
Just went to a local range and tried a Glock, Walther, and Baretta all 9MM with 50 rounds each weapon. I'm sold on the Baretta, gonna look for a deal at a gun show.

Just joined the NRA too, figured it was time to contribute a little to those working to prevent the bleeding hearts from taking our guns.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 03:41:00 PM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2004, 03:39:51 PM »
Ak
 You should go back and try a sig, a P225 or 226 of you can, before you make the call.

Very nice guns.