Author Topic: What would you change and why?  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
What would you change and why?
« on: June 07, 2004, 08:09:44 PM »
I am just curious really. (This is not a "Beetle Poll") What is it you would change about the game if you could change one thing? Lets save the arguments and alike for another thread. I only want to know you would change given the opportunity to change ONE thing.
It can be anything, from planes to game play. And no, I'm sorry we can't get rid of me, not just yet anyways. :o

I'll start it off.

If there was one thing I could change it would be the "enviornment" in the MA and what is concidered "acceptable". Meaning... You really didnt see a whole lot of profanity or just plain old rude constant smack talking. Maybe I was just deaf dumb and blind then. Anyways, thats what I would like to change or go back to if I couuld. I know thats vague but I think you get the general idea of what I mean. I know thats nearly impposible to change but it would be nice IMO.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline NHattila

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 08:22:09 PM »
politics on channel 1.
Atti11a

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 08:23:56 PM »
Mine would have to be a code of conduct while in battle kind of thing.  If while in a battle with another opponent and you render them extremely damaged and just barely staying aloft leave them be and let them try to ditch or make it home.  

Same thing goes with the whole chute shooting.  If you've rendered them harmless and they are floating you've won your fight.  Let them parachute safely and render them a salute with a waggle of your wings or a over the main channel.  Show them respect and they'll keep coming and give you a good fight everytime.

This is one that I've rarely ever seen and think it's well worth posting.  If in a battle close to 2 seperate countries and you see one countries plane being out numbered by the other country lend a helping hand.  Do everything you can to clear his/her six and in the end extend out and return to fight a good and fair fight with just the two of you.  Bring the fight to level grounds and give the pilot a fighting chance to survive.

Oh and I know thats more than just one thing but I think they needed to be posted.  I think it's about respect and not just the kill.  Seems since I've joined there is little to no respect amongst alot of the pilots in AH.  It's really not about the kills it's about the excitement and adrenalin you get from the good fights even though they are few and far between.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 08:28:04 PM »
I would give like the ability to give the two enemy country's bases each a different color on the map display.

Instead of just a sea of red bases, I would like to be able to distiguise between the 2 enemy countries on the map at a glance, by having the user be able to select the displayed color for enemy bases only bases only.

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 08:41:39 PM »
Lower the perks the C-hog, give us Hog pilots a chance.:aok

I know ya said one thing but what NHattila said is #1a.
Just like bar rules no religion and defintely no POLITICS
 :cool:
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 09:05:03 PM »
the number of sheep per mile

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 09:06:55 PM »
I'd change the focus to 1943 from 1944/45.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 09:07:06 PM »
i'd like to see more honest efforts by people to get better with their planes and acm and away from the need to gangbang. 2 v 1 is fine, no need to make it 3, 4, 5, 6+ v 1.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 09:08:02 PM »
Id like to change the fact that i can only change "One" thing.

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2004, 09:27:08 PM »
Full multi-gunner crewed buffs. Like we had in Air Warrior, they were a kick !

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 09:30:10 PM »
I would want the field designations changed so the field name incorporates an alpha-numeric grid location. The 'why' is obvious... :)

G12 is an airfield in sector G-12
VD7 is a vehicle base in sector D-7
PC9 is a port in sector C-9
VD73 is another vehicle base in sector D-7 (keypad 3)

According to my calculations, we could power Cleveland, Ohio for 7 days with all the energy spent searching for fields on large maps that have no logical numbering sequence.

Text buffer: "Need help A176!"

Player: "Hmmm 176... zoom out, grab map with mouse, searching, searching, Ah hah! here's 175... What? 176 is nowhere near. Ok. Change plan... go to maproom and scroll to 176. Hmmm what country? Ours? Scroll, scrolll, Darn! field list snapped back to other field. Start scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, Darn! snapped back again...

Player: "what sector is 176?"

Text buffer: "SYSTEM: A176 has been captured by Knights."

Offline tzr

• Copper Member
      • http://webpages.charter.net/maddogjoe/index.html
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 10:04:10 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
I would want the field designations changed so the field name incorporates an alpha-numeric grid location. The 'why' is obvious... :)

G12 is an airfield in sector G-12
VD7 is a vehicle base in sector D-7
PC9 is a port in sector C-9
VD73 is another vehicle base in sector D-7 (keypad 3)

According to my calculations, we could power Cleveland, Ohio for 7 days with all the energy spent searching for fields on large maps that have no logical numbering sequence.

Text buffer: "Need help A176!"

Player: "Hmmm 176... zoom out, grab map with mouse, searching, searching, Ah hah! here's 175... What? 176 is nowhere near. Ok. Change plan... go to maproom and scroll to 176. Hmmm what country? Ours? Scroll, scrolll, Darn! field list snapped back to other field. Start scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, Darn! snapped back again...

Player: "what sector is 176?"

Text buffer: "SYSTEM: A176 has been captured by Knights."

LOL  been there, done that!!!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004, 10:09:52 PM »
The reset/perk point object.

Rather than reward a team with perk points for steamrolling bases, I'd try some other method to encourage more individual and small group combat.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 10:53:24 PM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Id like to change the fact that i can only change "One" thing.

LOL MugZ you can't have EVERYTHING :p

But I bet from talking to you over the past week or so that you feel pretty much the same way I do about how the MA "enviornment" has changed over time. I think many would agree. I can't help but think its partly "our" fault because we allowed it to happen in a way. Rather than trying to help set the "standard" I think most of us went on our marry way. I could be wrong. I most often am. Thats what my significant other tells me anyways lol...
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 12:09:27 AM »
I would change the whole Rank/Points system to:
THERE IS NO POINTS OR RANK!
If your a great stick or gunner, the arena will find out soon enough who these individuals are and their talents.
We don't need to see festers rank of 1, 2 or 3 to know, ahh this guy must be good or has X number of kills.
If you make the game a points game, it will be played that way. Not the way most of us would like to play it, which IMO is teamwork, loyality & sportsmanship.

My 2 cents;)