Author Topic: What would you change and why?  (Read 4806 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What would you change and why?
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2004, 12:41:23 PM »
closer fileds would fix everything... it is possible to have good fights between two distant fields but pretty rare... close fields allways have good fites as do CV's which are... in affect.... close fields.

lazs

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2004, 12:47:24 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
Mine would have to be a code of conduct while in battle kind of thing.  If while in a battle with another opponent and you render them extremely damaged and just barely staying aloft leave them be and let them try to ditch or make it home.  

Same thing goes with the whole chute shooting.  If you've rendered them harmless and they are floating you've won your fight.  Let them parachute safely and render them a salute with a waggle of your wings or a over the main channel.  Show them respect and they'll keep coming and give you a good fight everytime.

This is one that I've rarely ever seen and think it's well worth posting.  If in a battle close to 2 seperate countries and you see one countries plane being out numbered by the other country lend a helping hand.  Do everything you can to clear his/her six and in the end extend out and return to fight a good and fair fight with just the two of you.  Bring the fight to level grounds and give the pilot a fighting chance to survive.

So in other words...bring back some of the honor that's been missing for so long?

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2004, 01:15:39 PM »
Originally posted by slimm50
So in other words...bring back some of the honor that's been missing for so long?

....not a darn thing HTC can do where these folk's mammas and pappas have already failed.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2004, 02:07:39 PM »
Mine would have to be a code of conduct while in battle kind of thing.  If while in a battle with another opponent and you render them extremely damaged and just barely staying aloft leave them be and let them try to ditch or make it home.  

Same thing goes with the whole chute shooting.  If you've rendered them harmless and they are floating you've won your fight.  Let them parachute safely and render them a salute with a waggle of your wings or a over the main channel.  Show them respect and they'll keep coming and give you a good fight everytime.

This is one that I've rarely ever seen and think it's well worth posting.  If in a battle close to 2 seperate countries and you see one countries plane being out numbered by the other country lend a helping hand.  Do everything you can to clear his/her six and in the end extend out and return to fight a good and fair fight with just the two of you.  Bring the fight to level grounds and give the pilot a fighting chance to survive.

Oh and I know thats more than just one thing but I think they needed to be posted.  I think it's about respect and not just the kill.  Seems since I've joined there is little to no respect amongst alot of the pilots in AH.  It's really not about the kills it's about the excitement and adrenalin you get from the good fights even though they are few and far between.

In short, you want Aces High to become the Special Olympics of the online gaming world?

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2004, 03:15:58 PM »

1st one Do that,unless teammate gonna try KS.

2nd Depends la7, Nik, and pony BnZers recieve no mercy.

3rd I do that but 60% you end up with the guy you save from the 3on1 cherry picking you
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2004, 03:17:57 PM »
LOL, Mathman.  With malice toward none and charity to all.  A kinder, gentler world.  Certainly a difference of views whether Aces High should be (a) Chivalry of the Skies, (b) Chute Shooters Anonymous, (c) Realism Uber Alles, (d) Bomb 'em Back to the Stone Age, (e) Jabo U Dead Sucka, (f) Shut Up or Shoot Down, (g) I Am Clueless Hear Me Whine, (h) Air Combat For Dummies, (i)SimWar, or (j) Rowdy Perkless Free for All.

I like (j).
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
Re: What would you change and why?
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2004, 03:51:54 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
I am just curious really. (This is not a "Beetle Poll") What is it you would change about the game if you could change one thing? Lets save the arguments and alike for another thread. I only want to know you would change given the opportunity to change ONE thing.
It can be anything, from planes to game play. And no, I'm sorry we can't get rid of me, not just yet anyways. :o

I'll start it off.

If there was one thing I could change it would be the "enviornment" in the MA and what is concidered "acceptable". Meaning... You really didnt see a whole lot of profanity or just plain old rude constant smack talking. Maybe I was just deaf dumb and blind then. Anyways, thats what I would like to change or go back to if I couuld. I know thats vague but I think you get the general idea of what I mean. I know thats nearly impposible to change but it would be nice IMO.

I would Ban MoRp from the BB so he could never post again:lol
And also take away his Nextel  :rofl
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline BigB717

• Copper Member
      • http://members.rogers.com/15jg52/
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2004, 04:24:47 PM »
rolex........

do ".move base#"

u wont have to look all over map, takes u directly to base your looking for

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2004, 05:06:17 PM »
Put an end to land grabbing hordes and install an actual front.

Have the arena close fields not directly involved in the fight.  Say 2-3 sectors wide by 3-4 sectors deep in.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2004, 05:10:13 PM »
Remove unrealistic 10k+ airfields and mountains (a 500ft airfield in WW2 was high!).  Increase depth of field for low level with more objects ala WWIIOL.
NEXX

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2004, 05:13:04 PM »
If there are only a few close fields it won't matter where you put em... when the spoilers find out that people are ignoring them they will go tpo the fields with the furballs to try to ruin the fight.

lazs

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2004, 05:16:29 PM »
The most fun that I've ever had in AH has been in a few odd CT maps that have bases 4 to 10 miles apart in certain areas.

I'd like to see all bases 6 to 9 miles apart.

eskimo

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2004, 05:19:48 PM »
A lot of these ideas are great.

Here's mine.

I'd like to request the regularly scheduled presence of HTC staff in the MA to play and talk with the community once per week.

g00b

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2004, 06:13:33 PM »
id like to see airplane factories.  dont care which ones or how it is done.  blow up the factories, that plane be gone for that county until it is rebuilt.  maybe at the time it is rebuilt, the plane changes, so it is constantly rotating randomly.  
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2004, 06:40:09 PM »
Your right Mathman why would I expect anything less than disrepect from folks like yourself.  Good to see the community has such great leaders such as yourself.