Author Topic: What would you change and why?  (Read 4803 times)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
What would you change and why?
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2004, 03:42:54 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Be that as it may, the AW Axis v. Allies arena also had a fraction of the players the AW MA had.

-Sik

True. But proportionately more than Aces High CT and DA combined as compared to the Aces High MA. And that’s a fact.
Also the Allie vs Axis wouldnt in no way compare. Why... the Scenario Planeset. he FT of AW had all the same plane's available to both sides.
As westy said Parity
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 03:48:36 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2004, 08:06:11 AM »
axis vs allies limits choice and parity and causes people to forget all about acm and fly on autopilot.   There are very few good allied vs axis matchups.

an early war area within the arena would not involve axis vs allied but would have a seperate reset and still allow community and choice.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2004, 08:06:17 AM »
axis vs allies limits choice and parity and causes people to forget all about acm and fly on autopilot.   There are very few good allied vs axis matchups.

an early war area within the arena would not involve axis vs allied but would have a seperate reset and still allow community and choice.

lazs

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2004, 09:26:44 AM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
True. But proportionately more than Aces High CT and DA combined as compared to the Aces High MA. And that’s a fact.
Also the Allie vs Axis wouldnt in no way compare. Why... the Scenario Planeset. he FT of AW had all the same plane's available to both sides.
As westy said Parity

FT has nothing to do with an Axis v. Allies arena. Are you in the right thread?

Personally, I liked Figthertown in AW. Maybe it was the sense of nostalgia because they used the DOS map, maybe it was the fact that there were never more than 10 players in there at a time, but I really really liked it.

As for the Axis and Allies arena, it was a ghost town when I left the game in '99. Maybe it picked up by then. But the point remains, WBs isn't the only game that had problems implementing an AvA arena, and I was under the impresion that this part of the thread was spawned by SC-Spooks remark that he would change the MA to an AvA arena. Maybe I misunderstood him.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2004, 12:32:11 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
FT has nothing to do with an Axis v. Allies arena. Are you in the right thread?

Personally, I liked Figthertown in AW. Maybe it was the sense of nostalgia because they used the DOS map, maybe it was the fact that there were never more than 10 players in there at a time, but I really really liked it.

As for the Axis and Allies arena, it was a ghost town when I left the game in '99. Maybe it picked up by then. But the point remains, WBs isn't the only game that had problems implementing an AvA arena, and I was under the impresion that this part of the thread was spawned by SC-Spooks remark that he would change the MA to an AvA arena. Maybe I misunderstood him.

-Sik

LOL...i prolly am on the wrong thread. Sorry about that.
But not totally out of context are my remarks. Further examination of the replies would comfirm that the reference to AW vs AH anything is within the scope of the discusion. As i recall...it started with Nopoop then Redd making reference to WarBirds and the reasons why they think it had fallen to low numbers.
As for the subject matter of the thread. "What would you change and why?"
I have only specifically said "ONE" thing as per the Thread Starters" request.. he said If we could change "One" thing, what would it be?My reply was as follows.
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Id like to change the fact that i can only change "One" thing.

I shall be more carefull next time. Lest yous beat me with dat Shillelagh. :)

But i will have to point out that 10 players at a time in Airwarrior Fighter Town is most definently an unuaslly slow night.
We could call on  De-oLOnz to comfirm this. I have flown countless nights in AW FT with OLtos  and the others with an average of 25 players or more. ole Airwarriors :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 02:27:18 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
Re: What would you change and why?
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2011, 12:47:50 AM »

So your basing your opinion on the "Name" of the game? I mean really. To think AH is a product that was specifically and only designed for Virtual Fighter “Aces” to duel or furball seems silly to me.
Seems like a ton of work that HTC has went through to accomplish the "means" you speak of. Eeee gads man, just make a map with 2 bases and Duke it out. On the contrary, i am more inclined to believe they had much more in mind. They added Bombers to the game along with a complex strategic re-supply system. Factories, Cities, Convoy's, trains, and anything else i may have forgotten to include. Oh yes, there are (Tank’s) Did I say Tank’s? Hmmm don’t see how (Tanks) fit in “airiel combat”. They developed a World "WAR" Two simulator. Intentionally or not they developed a War Sim nonetheless. I think the developers had a larger audience in mind. They developed a game that would draw from at least two mindsets or interests. WWII wana be Fighter “Aces”, and those that would like to be a little more in depth with the WAR game. Therefore the "end" of the "means" is $$$$$$.  And that is marketing savvy. A thoughtful approach would have to conclude that AH1 or AH2 is a WAR sim by design. Which of course includes both types of players. Land Grab is here to stay. And actually is what the game is all about as per design.
PS. I still think that HTC should create an Arena strictly for Dog Fighting. This way the debate would end. And the "Aces" could really prove their metal against other "Aces" Not against Bombers and Heavy-laden fighters trying to dive on a ground target. However, the crying would still continue. Because the "Aces" would complain that there aren’t enough noobs to pad their score. :D
<S>

Some things never change..... :salute

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2011, 12:50:50 AM »
Understand the necrobump but dang man... lock imminent... IN
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2011, 07:05:26 AM »
Dudda dudda dudda dudda Batman!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2011, 07:11:11 AM »
It is an interesting question. I think it will be locked though.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2011, 07:12:15 AM »
 The Collision model. If two planes hit each other at high speed in real life then both pilots family would be getting a telegram. I know the reason HTC has it like it does in here so please don't give me a long explanation. I still hate it as it is and that is all there is too it.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »
all vox issues fixed

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2011, 08:39:39 AM »
IT was sure great to see "Morpheus" in the "started by" column though even if it is nearly a 7 year old thread

have not seen any news in a long while.......  :pray
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
Add more strategic targets that HURT when hit...  Rail yards, Power Plants, Rail and Road Bridges, Dams, Supply Hubs... Gotta get my strategic bomber run fix... :joystick: :x

Oh and...

Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.