Author Topic: HispanosVsMausers  (Read 6570 times)

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
HispanosVsMausers
« on: May 08, 2000, 09:04:00 PM »
On a fight tonight,I was in my Fw190 versus a F4U that was extending. He turned back and I went over him. I did the choice of the aggresive attack, because I knew that the guy on the F4U (antman) was a good driver, and,if given the chance he would win advantage on me.

I hi yoyoed and then spilt S on him. Got a deflecion shot from 150-200 yds. Saw hits on tail and fuselage. He went on and I pulled hard to follow, sure that the fight was mine. He crossed again my sights this time 100-150 yds. Again snapshot on him, saw pings over his plane...but he was ok!...now I was on a bad situation cuz I had lost all my advantage and he was on my low 5...I should have extended but I planned to do a hi yoyo and hard pull of rudder to win other snapshot...but I heard ONE ping, and engine collapsed.

Was a nice fight, Antman. Nice moves on that plane...but I still feel pissed off. I flew FW190 with 4 20mms cannons, and all I got was his rudder!!!

My connection was good. I have always ping plotter on on the desktop to check it. Smooth as silk.

I have film on this, so if Pyro wants it, I can send it to him...

This is not intended to be a whine, but a question. This thing happens to me a lot,(so is not a luck matter) and I know Im not the only one that is pissed off by this. Mausers Mg151 were less powerful than Hispanos...but hey I was CLOSE!...and I hit him TWICE!...One ping on me and byebye engine...

So the question is...When will HTC withdraw F4U1C? (joke)   nah, seriously. Why Mausers are so bad compared with Hispanos? They were reliable and powerful weapons...and 4 hitting at a time...well you get my point.

Thanks in advance.

<Edit> I ask this because I am absolutely sure that if I had Hispanos, he'd have torn apart on first snapshot. And I am sure we'll all agree on that point.<Edit>

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-08-2000).]

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2000, 09:37:00 PM »
Send it to me if you think it shows something.  Were you firing your machine-guns as well?

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2000, 10:22:00 PM »
This brings us to point :

Can we have option of removing cowl MGs in 190, pls ?

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2000, 10:26:00 PM »
map your trigger to fire secondwery only

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2000, 11:21:00 PM »
RAM, email the film to me and I'll post it on the web in this thread so we can all see it. I fly the 190 a good bit, and the guns are usually very lethal. Would like to see what you are talking about.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2000, 12:36:00 AM »
<cite>map your trigger to fire secondwery only
</cite>

What good would it do, besides saving primaries? Sounds to me like less lead on the target, which would decrease lethality. Unless it has something to do with firing cannons through the pror at the same time as MG's, making the cannons have to wait for clearance.

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2000, 02:13:00 AM »

Originally posted by StSanta:
<cite>map your trigger to fire secondwery only
</cite>

What good would it do, besides saving primaries? Sounds to me like less lead on the target, which would decrease lethality. Unless it has something to do with firing cannons through the pror at the same time as MG's, making the cannons have to wait for clearance.

Point was I think, that MG & 20's don't have the same flightpath...meaning IT COULD have been MG hits only...

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2000, 02:51:00 AM »

Originally posted by Saintaw:

Point was I think, that MG & 20's don't have the same flightpath...meaning IT COULD have been MG hits only...

At 150-200 Mg & 20 have almost the same path. I've experienced the same problem RAM has with F4U1C. I need a long burst of 4x20 to do some serious damage to the Hog but if the HogC pings me once, I'm done. Well, I'm not sure if the kinetick energy advantage of the hispanos should be so brutal, anyway this should be compensated and even surpased by explosive and electron-incendiary rounds of the Mg151 20mm. That is, one or two explosive rounds on a fighter wing, and wing out, one or two electron-incendiary rounds on an enemy and the con is on fire. But I'm not sure we have EI and HE rounds already modelled on the  sim.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2000, 04:31:00 AM »

Originally posted by Pyro:
Send it to me if you think it shows something.  Were you firing your machine-guns as well?

Sended it to Hblair, if he thinks It is worth your time then I'll send it to you too.

I fired a full salvo, both MGs and Cannons. Still I am sure the hits were on 20mm. Why?. first because convergences...From outboard to cowl...325-350-400.
Second because the shots itself. Both deflection, first with more deflection than second. He crossed the path of bullets from side to side,not up down or down up.

So there is a chance that one of the pings was of 13mm...but the others I am sure the rest were 20mm

Pyro I dont want this to go as another "Hispano on UberHawg" thread. I,really, only want to know how are modelled Mausers Vs Hispanos. Hispanos shot biigger slugs, but they were AP mostly in the war, and those AP rounds weren't as effective as incendiary and high explosive rounds on Mausers. IMHO, and I am only an amateur in this, the ballistics of MG151 must be worse than HS (they are), but the hitting power on aircraft should be more or less the same...if not more.

It is a sincere question, how is the HS compared with MG151 in Aces High?. The point of this thread is that question, not the fight itself.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2000, 05:03:00 AM »

Originally posted by RAM:
... but the hitting power on aircraft should be more or less the same...if not more.

Killing power of a single HE Mg151 round should be greater than three normal HS AP rounds hitting at the same point. Of course, HS HE rounds have more puch power than 151/20 ones, but HS HE rounds were not common during the war.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2000, 07:11:00 AM »
LOL!!! For all those guys that complain about how weak the 190 cannons are...

Well, I invite you to come fly the P-51 or the F4U-1D for an evening with me and see how you feel.

And don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about the .50 MG's in this version. They're the best they've been since the second or third version of the beta.

But I think you will quickly find that you have nothing to complain about.  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
Carpe Jugulum
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2000, 07:20:00 AM »
Verm, I flew nearly 50% my sorties on Tour3 in P51. Sorry to disagree with you but I find P51 weapons quite accurate and they feel ok at right distances (I.E. less than 400 yds). Always that I managed to land a good burst on a wing of a con (half a second to a second), I managed to rip wis wing with no problem. On fuselage they needed 1-2 seconds, but they prove nice weapons, too. I love that ROF and the low drop of the ammo. They are really nice weapons,IMHO, for a plane like P51. Not so in a F4U, and in a Fw190 they wont be that good either. Why? because Fw190,and in a less extent,F4U,live for and because the snapshot. So Firepower is needed. But I wont complain too much if you give me 6 50 cals on my 190, either  

Snapshots arent to be mortal with 12.7mm weapons. A 20mm has way more punch than a 50cal on single hits. In a Snapshot you are going to get 2-3 pings and with 20mm ping that can be enough to kill the con, or at least do mortal damage. 50 cals cant do that ammount of damage in so few pings. Its a trade between accuracy and rate of fire and sheer firepower.

So I know of what I speak...I had nearly 3/1 K/D ratio on P51 in Tour3. I know those weapons and I find them right. What I dont find right is Mauser's power.If it hasnt the power to inflictserious damage on 2 snapshots to a F4U...then I'd better take 50 cals.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-09-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2000, 07:24:00 AM »
My 4*20mm's are quite good most of the time.

Cannot say much about the Hispanos as I do not fly allied aircraft, but must say that the 4*20 on the 190 are FAR more lethal than the puny armament of the 109G10  

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2000, 07:25:00 AM »

Originally posted by Hristo:
This brings us to point :

Can we have option of removing cowl MGs in 190, pls ?

Excellent suggestion!

Please !!!  I hate those pea shooters in the cowling, messes up my aim for the 'big boys'(20mm)

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
HispanosVsMausers
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2000, 07:27:00 AM »
Umm I like cowl MGs. I set convergence at 400 yds and use them to long range shots. They dont recoil much and they are OK to make jink running cons  

And they arent so heavy, have some punch at less that 300 yds...well if I had the choice to fly with or without them I'd always go with them. But well there are a lot of tastes here  

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-09-2000).]