Author Topic: HTC, please look at these films  (Read 1608 times)

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
HTC, please look at these films
« on: December 04, 2000, 06:10:00 PM »
Please determine if what is shown in27loops.ahf  and loops.ahf is possible.

You guys make the best online sim, I'm sure if this is incorrect you will fix it. Thanks.  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2000, 08:29:00 PM »
While you're at it, check the P-47. It can do loops too!

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2000, 11:10:00 PM »
Yes, but can it do 27 loops as soon as the wheels leave the ground?  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2000, 12:08:00 AM »
Bloom,

Please check the other thread you started about the same thing. I duplicated it with multiple planes. The niki isn't out of whack compared to several other planes including the 109 and 190A5. Heck I even did it with the tiffie, sloppy but it could be done.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2000, 01:32:00 AM »
You are right Maverick; I guess the n1k is not the only plane here that can do it.  I guess we need someone to now answer if this is possible for the actual planes that can accomplish continuous 4g loops in these tests.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2000, 01:45:00 AM »
Check Wells' reply in the other thread.

Offline discod

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.millionaire.com
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2000, 02:40:00 AM »
Well at the airshow in Texas I saw some planes do some amazing things right off the runway...loops, rolls, inverted, etc.  It was way cool.  I saw a bi-plane take off and go vertical in less than 20 feet!!  It's true and then it continued to climb straight up to 2,500 ft!  And it was still right over the middle of the runway!!!  IT's TRUE!!! I have it on video.....oh yeah...ummm...did I mention that it had a Leer Jet engine strapped to it?    It was the funniest and most cool and amazing thing I've ever seen/heard on an airplane.  It was definately overmodled!  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2000, 02:51:00 AM »

Originally posted by Maverick:
Bloom,

Please check the other thread you started about the same thing. I duplicated it with multiple planes. The niki isn't out of whack compared to several other planes including the 109 and 190A5. Heck I even did it with the tiffie, sloppy but it could be done.

Mav

And ? what you say is that the whole FM is screwed, as a whole. Nikis are the most benefitted planes, closely followed by the Spitfires. If all those planes can do it, sorry but the FM has a problem.

"heck,I ever did it with the tiffie"

Only by reading this I know the 1.04 FM has a serious trouble, and not related to the high E-keeping of the planes.

A tiffie doing a loop just after a takeoff??? LOL!!!!!!! Thats plain ridiculous.!
In real life, a tiffie whould play the helicopter trying to do "that" (if it doesnt crash into the right side hangars of the airfield on the takeoff, I mean   )

The lack of torque is another BS thing in the new FM.

Jigster...I paste here my answer to wells in the other thread:

-------------------------

Originally posted by wells:
A plane will gain e if it is flying below it's maximum sustained turning speed, no matter how much you pull on the stick

A plane that is pulling a 5G turn and still gains E...Nikis have afterburner?

I guess you are kidding wells, I am currently flying falcon4 (RP4), and let me assure you, at 170mph and 5G turn, and with A DAMNED AFTERBURNER in my tail, if I keep pulling I DONT ACCELERATE!

And nikis can do it?! ROFLOL!...roadkill, I say.
--------------------------

Sorry, but wells statement is simply not right. IF you keep pulling 5G at 150mph in a n1k2 you MUST keep burning speed until you crash.

BTW didnt nikis had laminar flow wings like those in the P51?...didnt those wings bleed more E at low speed hi G maneouvers????

why arent those wings' hi-G drag modelled?...

why aren't N1K2's combat flaps' drag modelled, but their lift yes?

sorry, I say roadkill on all this.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 12-05-2000).]

funked

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2000, 03:00:00 AM »
Never mind

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 12-05-2000).]

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2000, 03:05:00 AM »

Originally posted by funked:
N1K2 in AH does not accelerate in a 5g level turn.  It can only sustain a level turn of about 2.8g with WEP and full tanks.

Sure. Watch those films.

maybe it doest accelerate but INDEED builds E. Can you tell me how a plane doing a 5G loop CLIMBS A BIT in each loop it does, funked?

I'd love to know it.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2000, 03:26:00 AM »
RAM, pupil, go back to school and write one hundred times on the blackboard this new theory: "The Niki's FM does not need any tuning becouse almost all other FM's need tuning".

The BBS cops will catch you, I tell you.

------------------
Gatt
4° Stormo Caccia - Knights
Macchi C.202's sting (1,9MByte film)
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2000, 03:33:00 AM »

Ice

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2000, 09:14:00 AM »
Ram....

AH is a product that most of us are grateful to be a part of. We are involved in a work in progress, and anyone with any sense at all knows that it is not perfect.

You sir, are a malcontent...bent on whining and squeaking about our sim...note I said OUR sim...you chose to go fly other sims...I wish you would go frequent other boards and leave us alone as well. I'm tired of you popping in here and showing your prettythang to everyone just to get some attention.

Unfortunately, I know thats not going to happen. Also, I know that you would'nt apologize for your lousy attitude either, so....I make this post just to get this off my chest. I assure you, I will not revisit this thread due to the fact that you most certainly will fill it with more crap instead of realizing your attitude is negative and condemning.

This sim was built and is flown by those who wish to have FUN....can you understqand that RAM?.It wasn't built to be perfect or RL accurate. If HTC were to model realism, they would go broke.

I'm sorry to the rest of you for going off like this, but I'm just sick of this kind of destructive and unnecessary crap and I wish it would stop.

Ice

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2000, 09:22:00 AM »
NOw sir let me put one thing clear.

I respect HTC the outmost. I respect their work the outmost. I dont hit their work, WILL NEVER DO IT!, as I love what they have done.

BUT!!!...I DON'T respect those who slammed, insulted, called me whiner, etc etc etc each time I said that N1K2 FM had a serious trouble. And now I DO take my part of the fun.

I, sir, was right in my apreciation of the problem. Take a look back into the first 1.04 posts and see where I said that for me the planes turned too much and kept E too much. Look what things I was called.

Take a look back were I said that the N1K2 was an ufo. Look what things I was called.

Take a look back and see that, basically, us the "whiners" were right.

Dont mess with AH as a sim here. I love this sim and I do like their developers. I'm not slamming them.

Clear? great.

[edit]and I come here because since yesterday I am back in the MA. Clear? great[/edit]

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 12-05-2000).]

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2000, 09:59:00 AM »
Ram,

I didn't do this and determine that your opinion about the niki was right. I did it to check and see if any other planes could do it. They can. That means the niki is not out of line with the other planes here in this GAME. It also means the niki is not the uber wonder plane you seem to think it is. It shares maneuverability options that other planes in the same game have. I have been able to kill players flying it while I was flying a yak and spit9.

As far as I am concerned it isn't bulletproof, super speedy, super maneuverable or a wonder weapon. (especially in MY hands!) It is a nice late war plane that happens to have 4 cannon. Those cannon are what make it so damn deadly in the game. That happens to be reasonable as cannon have more destructive power than do light and even heavy machine guns.

I don't think the FM is porked either as far as E retention is concerned. Planes simply do not fall out of the sky because a turn is initiated. As far as I am concerned V1.04 is an improvement over 1.03. It ain't perfect but them this IS a game and not RL. I think there is room for improvement but I am more concerned with ramping up the power of the 50's more than the turning ability of the niki.

Perhaps HTC missed a bet by not just making a game about WW1 planes. Then there would be no concern about 20mm's, just about 1 vs 2 30 cals and the turning ability of the Dr1.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown