Author Topic: Question to Finns  (Read 25127 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2005, 10:53:18 AM »
Originally posted by Staga
1 Year Visa for Russians to get in Finland 35пїЅ
Similar Visa for Finns to get in Russia 240пїЅ

Poor bastards.

Agreed completely.

Our consulates are fat-arsed arrogant idiots.

My Mother and her husband came here in 2003, Mother wanted to visit our relatives in Chernovtsy, Ukraine... They had to fly to Moscow-Sheremetyevo (20 minutes from our home), then - to Kiev w/o crossing the border, I met them in Kiev and then they flew back to Moscow (I took a train directly from Chernovtsy).

The problem was that Australian citizens can't get 2-times visa, if they left Russia to Ukraine (!!!) and wanted to come back - Russian consulate in Kiev needs over $300 and at least 3 weeks for visa to Australians!

They are bloody idiots. I love my country but hate the state.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2005, 11:07:01 AM »
Originally posted by Staga
1 Year Visa for Russians to get in Finland 35Ђ
Similar Visa for Finns to get in Russia 240Ђ

Poor bastards.

The companies that mediate Visas actually take a big piece of the 240Ђ. If you have your own invitation you can get it directly from a consulate for about 100Ђ(still damn expensive]. I don't know what's the procedure for the invitation or can a private person give you an invitation.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2005, 11:15:18 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
I hate to rain on your victory parade Boroda, but I think that the people who used to live in the occupied countries have a right to thier opinnion.

If they had no reason for dissatisfaction, why do you think they grasp every straw to secure themselves away from your country? Huh?

Paranoia. Pure paranoia. Evil Russians will come and eat all Estonian smoked sprats.

I listened to Estonian president's interview on radio "Echo of Moscow". Poor creature refused to speak Russian, as it was arranged with the radio journalists. Absolutely surrealistic: after second question he answered directly to questions, understanding them w/o translator, and spoke Estonian with a heavy Russian accent...

Think Borotscka, think.

Borodushka.

Siaf, you live in a strange world of paranoid hatered. You repeat stupid lies about "red Finland on the map", you fail to identify yourself as a true schizoid, you base your opinions on fairy-tales from Estonian nationalists, it simply contradicts the reality where I live. In a supposed-to-be-ultra-nationalistic Western Ukraine every person I meet tells me that he misses Soviet times when we were one nation and didn't have stupid borders, and apologises for not speaking Russian, and you see only hatred. Isn't it strange? :confused:

I am an internationalist. What I see that in Soviet times people from republics got state-sponsored literature, theatre, cinema in national languages, and now they quickly loose their national identity in favour of standard "chewing-gum/mcdonalds/hollywood" ersatz-life... Those who want to read books have to buy them in Russian - almost nothing in national languages and only comic-books in English. I hope you understand that it doesn't apply to countries like Ukraine or Belorussia.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2005, 11:23:42 AM »
Originally posted by mora
The companies that mediate Visas actually take a big piece of the 240пїЅ. If you have your own invitation you can get it directly from a consulate for about 100пїЅ(still damn expensive]. I don't know what's the procedure for the invitation or can a private person give you an invitation.

Individual person can give you an invitation, but in case of my Mother and her husband - it was easier for them to work with http://www.visatorussia.com and took less money. If I have made an invitation - I had to pay around 100 for two, and waste several days... Plus they live in Brisbane QLD and the nearest consulate is in Sydney. And it's impossible to get a multiple visa for private invitation.

In 1996 Russian Federation had two times more government employees (!!!) then USSR had in 1990, if we include Party employees in USSR. Population of RF in 1996 was 150 million, USSR in 1990 was 300 million.

I hope you are not surprised. And we have to feed all this parasites...

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2005, 11:33:17 AM »
Originally posted by StSanta
Boroda, no matter what you say, this is true:

Russian roads suck. Big time. They got more holes in 'em than Swiss cheeze. They're so banged up had they been human, they'd be a worn out prostitute who spends her time up against walls with sailors.

Seriously dude. I had problems getting used to OUR roads back home when i got home from my three week stay. No bumps or big arse holes. No liver jumping up to kiss my nose.

We have two main problems in Russia: roads and fools. It was said around 1800.

Don't be surprised, some of that roads were bombed in 1942 :D

I spent 5 days in a village on lake Seliger (400km North from Moscow) last week. Between Volokolamsk and Rzhev the road is simply amazing. 20cm holes every 1.5 meters. It's frightening to drive there in the daylight. At night it's almost OK at 120-140 km/h ;)

Originally posted by StSanta
You may have awesome jump iron (AN-28, Mi-8), but your roads...they're almost as bad as your drivers.

Can't wait to go back.

I'll be in Russia week 28, 29, and 30 this year - around July 1st forward or something. A bunch of us will fly to Moscow and then find a way to get to Kolomna. If you can figure out a way for me to get there, I'll drop by your place and tell a lot of brag stories, and then go to Kolomna.

Santa, you didn't call me last year, so I want satisfaction! :mad: ;) I also can show you the shortest way to Kolomna - it's about 2 hours by electric train, at least it was so last time I went hiking in that direction ;)

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2005, 11:54:59 AM »
Boroda you forget that I've visited most of the places you talk about. I've met the people in question and a few of them I know quite well.

The estonians well enough to know they're not nazi or even overtly nationalistic. The whole country is at least a decade or two still back in the standard of living even though thier economy advanced leaps and bounds immediately the iron curtain rose.

You think people enjoy being bullied by secret police? When they have to be afraid of speaking out thier opinnions? Or not being able to travel freely out of the country?

Not having western products available, only low quality russian substitutes? Having to live in appartment flats that were drawn directly from the party textbook. Empty monuments of insanity, every row of houses INdiscernable from eachother, only competing in the decadence of thier state.

I never really understood it before I walked two blocks in the suburb and realized I got lost. Where ever I looked every house looked the same, repugnant and stale, broken windows hanging on hinges and busted up doors with lada carcasses lying down in the yard. All of the sudden I felt afraid, I realized I was in a world very much different from the one I was used to. In a world of hopeless poverty where each man did nothing but fought for his survival.

In a world where I as a tourist was nothing but a walking target for someone in despair.

Immediately I started locating street names and numbers from the walls of the houses. Most had been ripped off along with anything that a human could possibly reach. Fortunately I saw a landmark from which I could find my way back to the family that was giving me room&board. I didn't even think of it when I left that I should really mark the place I started from to my mind.

This first visit to soviet union occupied estonia left a permanent impression to my mind. Untill that I had seen only stories and movies, none of them came even close to the truth.

For the first time I realized what it was to live in a country that was like a giant prison. People were struggling to keep thier sanity through art and activity. The estonians have always been proud for thier artistic background and central european history. Even though I was young back then, I could see how the situation pressed the people mentally.

Back then I was convinced I saw the worst decadence any place today could have. That changed when I passed the russian border for the first time, about 10 years later. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 01:27:20 PM by Siaf__csf »

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2005, 12:04:21 PM »
I hate to rain on your victory parade Boroda

JFYI:

It rained on Victory Parade on June 24th 1945.

My Father, a Navy cadet, and Granfather, Artillery (Guards Mortar Corps) captain both had the honour to march on that parade.

My Father marched on the parade on May 9th 2000. He is invited to take part in a Victory Parade this year.

This was their Victory. And no insects can spoil it 60 years later.

Our cause was just. We have won.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2005, 12:12:08 PM »
This was their Victory. And no insects can spoil it 60 years later.

Nice how you talk about countries that you occupied and practically enslaved for decades.

Very telling.

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2005, 07:56:40 AM »
to Siaf__csf

>>Nice how you talk about countries that you occupied and practically enslaved for decades.

How about english colonies? And about enslaved indians and mexicans in USA? About Japan militarism? About Tibet ocupation by China? All large europian, asian, american countries built by ocupation and enslavement of neighbour nations, Russia is not exception.

You talk about violation of human rights in USSR. How about color-skined slaves on "civilized" West? Maybe it`s a myth? Another Soviet propoganda?

You blame us for our past, but, seems, already forgot your own. Short memory for your own deeds you have.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 08:00:22 AM by Raven_2 »

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2005, 08:28:55 AM »
more to Siaf__csf

>>You think people enjoy being bullied by secret police? When they have to be afraid of speaking out thier opinnions? Or not being able to travel freely out of the country?

LOL. How many russians must say that this words is complete bull**** for you to understand? I live in Russia, my parents do, my grand-parents did. None of them know what are youspeaking about. Or maybe you think that all russians on this forum are KGB/FSB agents? :-)

Make opinion about USSR from western books - it`s like make your opinion about west by USSR books. Or maybe you think that your government never lie to you, huh?

>>The estonians well enough to know they're not nazi or even overtly nationalistic.

[to Boroda]
Борода, ты можешь перевести, что произнесла их чудесный и замечательный демократический президент о советских ветеранах?
[/to Boroda]

>>Not having western products available, only low quality russian substitutes?

Yeah, most of of USSR-maded items still works for me. And most of western **** break after 2-3 years of expluatation. High quality, you said?

>>Empty monuments of insanity, every row of houses INdiscernable from eachother, only competing in the decadence of thier state.

You think you can live in your own villa on Kamchatka? Where about -40 (celsius) at winter?

Now, there is a lot of cottege building in our country.

>>In a world of hopeless poverty where each man did nothing but fought for his survival.

8-) Lie. Lie. Lie.

>>For the first time I realized what it was to live in a country that was like a giant prison.

I missed the storyline here. You talk about your journey to USA, did you?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 08:52:45 AM by Raven_2 »

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2005, 09:08:34 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Our cause was just. We have won.

What did poles and the other baltic nations do to USSR?
USSR fought had a just war against the german invaders, but as they had to cross couple baltic countries in the process, they decided to keep the countries and call it 'liberation'?

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2005, 09:27:29 AM »
to Fishu

>>What did poles and the other baltic nations do to USSR?

And what Iraq do to USA? It`s just a liberation, yeah?

Why you blame Russia? Why *only* Russia? Why you don`t blame China for Tibet? Why don`t blame USA for Iraq, Afganistan and Vietnam occupation? Why all of you concetrate on Russia?

BTW, what about polish intervention in Russia in XVII centuary? How about Soviet-Polsha war in 1920 when your nation occupy parts of Ukraine an Bellorusia? What ukraine and belorusian people do to poles? Only after our victory in Great Patriotic War west Ukraine and west Belorusia was returned to the USSR from occupation by *your* nation.

Did you forgot all of that? There is no such things in official poles history now? You history books was rewriten by your democratic government?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 09:40:39 AM by Raven_2 »

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Question to Finns
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2005, 09:59:33 AM »
Haven't seen any Chinese in here and USofA is at least trying to do some right things.
What Russia did was just occupation, they moved half of the original citizens to Sibir and filled empty houses with Russian "settlers".
Funny thing is that You won the war but you did lose the peace; Your country is suffering in the hands of criminals and the standard of living is lower than in any of the countries Russia occupied after WW2 and which regained their sovereign in 90s.

LOL

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Question to Finns
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2005, 10:00:30 AM »
Raven if you read REALLY CAREFULLY You can see Fishu is not a pole.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2005, 10:03:30 AM »
Originally posted by Raven_2
to Fishu

>>What did poles and the other baltic nations do to USSR?

And what Iraq do to USA? It`s just a liberation, yeah?

Why you blame Russia? Why *only* Russia? Why you don`t blame China for Tibet? Why don`t blame USA for Iraq, Afganistan and Vietnam occupation? Why all of you concetrate on Russia?

BTW, what about polish intervention in Russia in XVII centuary? How about Soviet-Polsha war in 1920 when your nation occupy parts of Ukraine an Bellorusia? What ukraine and belorusian people do to poles? Only after our victory in Great Patriotic War west Ukraine and west Belorusia was returned to the USSR from occupation by *your* nation.

Umm... some of these forum trollers calls me an anti-american.. might have something to do with that I'm laughing at the Iraq's liberation and never-to-be-found-WMD...
But I don't blame americans for the afganistan war, which has something to do with the terrorist training camps there and the Taliban government, which acted like bunch of idiots.
Oh.. and the taliban government can thank the russians for their short period in power.

...and whats with the "your nation", I'm finnish.
You know, Finland, the country which Stalin wanted to liberate before "the great patriotic war"?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 10:08:20 AM by Fishu »