Author Topic: Friendly Collisions: keep it or leave it  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Friendly Collisions: keep it or leave it
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 05:40:54 PM »
Originally posted by Jester
Simple to get around the problem of getting "squashed" on the runway.

Simply call the tower for Clearance. :D

Before you get on a runway, simply type on the COUNTRY CH (Green) your field and the runway your leaving from.

EXAMPLE:   Jester: A11, NE

Others leaving from the field will give you a courtesy of 10 seconds or so to get your engine started and taxi off the spawn point.
If we can get everyone into the habbit of doing it it shouldn't be much of a problem. Even put it on the MOTD.

:aok

Makes squad ops a bit complicated.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 05:48:36 PM »
roll from a hangar to minimize t.o. collision
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 05:53:11 PM »
Originally posted by Jester
Simple to get around the problem of getting "squashed" on the runway.

Simply call the tower for Clearance. :D

Before you get on a runway, simply type on the COUNTRY CH (Green) your field and the runway your leaving from.

EXAMPLE:   Jester: A11, NE

Others leaving from the field will give you a courtesy of 10 seconds or so to get your engine started and taxi off the spawn point.
If we can get everyone into the habbit of doing it it shouldn't be much of a problem. Even put it on the MOTD.

:aok

Just like you need to do in RL.  JG54 hasn't had any problems after the 1st incident.

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 05:53:31 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
roll from a hangar to minimize t.o. collision

Not a bad idea but is there still a possibility of the same thing happening in the hangers? Does it rotate which hanger you are going to spawn?

Not arguing, I'm just ignorant :)

storch

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 05:55:14 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
Hey all

Tried it last night no problems at all... Like I was tellin' ya four years ago... but y'all whined an' whined now didn't ya... You sure did you whined an' cried like wee lil' babies.

You gotta try something to see if you like it.

I wasn't here four years ago.  I have some catching up to do.  what am I supposed to whine about now?

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 05:58:30 PM »
OMG!11!  LOL!!1 OMFG!!1! Joo axpek mi tu ax pirmisn fli!11!>?

N3VAR!!1!

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2005, 05:58:44 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I wasn't here four years ago.  I have some catching up to do.  what am I supposed to whine about now?

Try any subject bud. Whining always catches on.:D

storch

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2005, 06:02:18 PM »
Originally posted by Löwe
Try any subject bud. Whining always catches on.:D
true enough Lowe.  let me think about it (I'll try not to hurt myself in the process)  since the semi fix on the axis FM my whines have been all but eliminated.  I have to maintain my form, a new whine would be optimal.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2005, 06:04:27 PM »
I'm all for reality and personally I prefer the shorter icon distance, but wasnt the limited 3k icon the #1 reason why most dont like the CT? Now we want to remove them altogether?

Killshooter is OK off
Friendly collisions are OK on

Until the resolution of the computer screen gets somewhere reasonable in relation to the human eye I think icons are needed, though if it could be done, I'd like even shorter, maybe no icon until 1.5k.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2005, 07:55:03 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
I say leave it alone and turn off killshooter. The only time killshooter off is a hinderance is when you don't communicate with the other guys in the area.

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 07:59:09 PM »
I don't fly in CT that much so take it for what it's worth, but I say keep the collissions on! Makes it more interesting IMO and having to call out where you're going to land is for some reason cool.  (saying you're taking off, eh, why bother?  So you blow up and have a laugh, as long as you aren't getting in front of someone landing, who cares?)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 08:37:24 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
I understood it to be on or off. Fork????

Thats the way I've always known it to operate too Slash.  Usually in the SEA they turn collsions off until everyone is up, then turn them on if they are going to.  I've never heard of any options for alt or time or anything else.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 09:19:57 PM »
Originally posted by Vudak
(saying you're taking off, eh, why bother? So you blow up and have a laugh, as long as you aren't getting in front of someone landing, who cares?)

But imagine what that would to to your score  Vudak !.  I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from way down here
I come from a land downunder

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2005, 06:32:10 AM »
Haven't flown in CT in ages but collisions on and killshooter off gave me the urge to try.

I could only stay for one sortie but it was sure fun and makes you think differently. I love it and will go forth and spread the gospel!

storch

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2005, 07:02:23 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
But imagine what that would to to your score  Vudak !.  I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from way down here

actually (I think others have also said it before) it may be a good idea to somehow NOT post scores in the CT until the end of the month. or at least not post the ranking after the player's game ID.  some folks seem to be overly preoccupied with the score thing.  the score thing is funny altogether when we see visitors one of the first thing you hear is HEY!!!!!!! I DIDN"T GET ANY PERKS FOR MY SORTIE :/.  like they just finished cleaning up someone's yard and were refused payment. :rofl