Author Topic: Friendly Collisions: keep it or leave it  (Read 2046 times)

storch

Friendly Collisions: keep it or leave it
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2005, 07:27:04 AM »
we (JG54) were on last night since the MA was down.  Ch1 was .... well ch1.  it may be best to just do what the MA does namely leave it off and let folks tune 200 if they so choose.  It was fun with all the peeps playing.  there were lots of targets when we logged on as it was an allied spitfest.  we took of from A35 IIRC and climbed utilizing the 205 and harvested many.  we then flew two sorties in A5s but the allies had mysteriously evaporated.  checked the roster and it was 30 something axis vs 17 allieds and they must have been in trucks or something.  we landed, switched and flew Jugs but the only pelt we were able to find and harvest was grunteeth (he had been posing and struting prior to finding us) he dove down from 107k and cherrypicked one of us and did a good job of retaining his "E" but eventually the rest of the schwarm got assists.  I wish my 109s could absorb that many hits.  I got a long cockpit burst on it and it flew on & on & on.  well after being thoroughly humiliated grunteeth started making loser's limp comments & left.  checking the roster once again 4 axis 19 allieds.  rather than continuing the flip flops I logged and went to bed.

whats on the agenda for next week?  Is it friday yet?

I love the friendly collisions they have actually helped to increase our performance since we now communicate nearly every move.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 07:31:20 AM by storch »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2005, 01:36:09 PM »
Stroch has a way of sounding very brave and very good when hes accompanied by about 10 squaddies...

The most hillarious thing about this fight that one of them (not storch) got a 1000 yard lucky hit that wounded my pilot early in the fight and I was flying in between blacouts. Even so I kept putting 20mm holes in their 47s for about 5 minutes till one of them finally got me.

I dont consider myself some sort of uber pilot, but these JG54 tools almost made me look like it as I had my way with their clumsy formations even with a bunch of blackouts.  They really sucked and in truth the big fight started with me about coalt with the main formation with a few higher than me in the rear.

When I head JG54 was switichg sides I said that there would be easy tarhgets, and basically in that engament they were. :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 01:49:25 PM by GRUNHERZ »

storch

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2005, 03:21:06 PM »
go to the gym chubbie, lose some weight your mouth is overloading your arse.  :D  I think you hit two planes total mine was one you took out my flap.  I thought you did poorly considering the tremendous alt advantage you had.  it must have been the pilot wound....... or your gums flapping may have caused your fat lips to give you a black eye, I'm not sure which.  :D

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2005, 03:28:26 PM »
I know I'm doing well when ppl resort to making fun of my weight...   :lol

The big fight started co alt, I remember flying sligtly under the first 2 or 3 47s who turned hard and allowed me to climb above.  

But yea the pilot wound did not help in getting saddled up on a P47 long enough to kill with a single 20mm...

I do think you guys did a very bad job considering was maybe 7-10 vs 1...   I was surprised considering how much practice JG54 has in big horde attacks...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 03:30:33 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2005, 03:45:04 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ

The big fight started co alt, I remember flying sligtly under the first 2 or 3 47s who turned hard and allowed me to climb above.  

But yea the pilot wound did not help in getting saddled up on a P47 long enough to kill with a single 20mm...

I do think you guys did a very bad job considering was maybe 7-10 vs 1...   I was surprised considering how much practice JG54 has in big horde attacks...

lol what u been smokin u were like 5k above us and yea it was me that gave u a PW from 1000ft out

storch

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2005, 03:56:16 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ

I have no way of knowing you are overweight I just figure if you sit in front of a computer and live in America you might be.  I'm overweight myself.

you dove in from very high and took out one member

with friendly collisions on we were mostly trying to stay out of each other's way.

your attack did validate one principle espoused by Hans-Joachim  Marseilles that a single attacker can become invisible attacking a larger force....except his K/D ratio 158/0 you on the other hand died rather quickly and every one of us hit you.

we were 6 members total.  the 5 left got hits into you.  in my case it was a high front quarter inverted shot that was quite nice.  in any event I was sorry to see you log so quickly I was hoping to fight you alone.  I always learn a little from fighting you.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »
I had to leave to carry on an email converasation with a friend I'm having dinner with tonite.  I think I came back later.

It was a fun fight, but the wound was a big bother. Half the time I had no idea what was going on. When I would black out I'd point the nose slightly up and hope for the best.  I hardly had a chance to position for a shot saddle up before I blacked out again.

It's no big feat getting a ping here and there when you have so many 50cals that hit from 1k and the enemy plane flies level and blind half the time especially in a plane with the alt handling and performance of the P47D11...

I just think I lasted a lot longer considering everthing than I should have. Even then I only died because I fully commited to diving after that last 47  and firing even after my blackout. :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 04:07:21 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2005, 04:07:10 PM »
Ch 1 was fine for most of the night with only one round of verbal diahrea that went overboard. Not too bad for the up to 94 people we had last night.

VWE

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2005, 05:02:36 PM »
Bucko

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2005, 05:13:02 PM »
Exactly, what the hell was that all about anyway?

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2005, 05:19:41 PM »
smidsy dont like bein called bucko
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 11:10:03 PM by TrueKill »

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2005, 10:38:27 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
smidsy dont like bein called bocko

My daughters have this toy they pull around on a string called "Bocko" ;)
Duke

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2005, 12:26:04 PM »
I was eating rocky road ice cream last night and realized that it had no walnuts, seems they were replaced by almonds.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2005, 12:41:44 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
lol what u been smokin u were like 5k above us and yea it was me that gave u a PW from 1000ft out

So I was supposedly 5,000 yards above you but you shot me from 1,000 yards at the top of my reversal...  Riiiiight...

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2005, 01:36:56 PM »
ROFL, Storch. I dont have a dog in this fight, but man, you sure do make a 6 v Grunherz sound brave on your part.