Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2005, 02:31:58 PM »
Originally posted by Skydancer

The Iraq war is an expensive diversion and solved nothing.

Somehow I belive it would not be difficult to find thousands upon thousands of Iraqis, Kuwaitis and Kurds that would most whole heartedly disagree with this.
  Not to mention U.S. citizens such as myself.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2005, 02:54:26 PM »
I don't see any reason for him to leave western Pakistan, he's pretty safe there.

And I don't see why a couple of SpecOps guys would know that he is Iran, just because they are SpecOps guys.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2005, 03:02:02 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Somehow I belive it would not be difficult to find thousands upon thousands of Iraqis, Kuwaitis and Kurds that would most whole heartedly disagree with this.
  Not to mention U.S. citizens such as myself.

I think he meant that it didnt do anything but increase the number of terrorists.

Henry Waxman, citing official briefings given to congressional aides, said the number of "significant" attacks had risen more than three-fold in a year.

There were about 650 such attacks last year, the congressman said - up from 175 in 2003, a record number at the time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4488513.stm

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2005, 03:05:30 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
I dont follow your first paragraph.. Are you saying you have some sort of inside information not privy to the rest of the population??

Lets start the 2nd part with the question of what you believe were the reasons behind 9/11..

Dude,

No, I'm not saying that I have any special information. Rather that the members of Special Forces I know who have discussed these things and are tasked with rooting out the bad guys in Afghanistan generally agree that wherever he is, he's not in Afghanistan and that I have never heard a contradiction of the intel community consensus that he is either in:

1) Iran (likely) or
2) Pakistan (less likely)

Option 1 of course puts him totally out of reach of the USA, and option 2 makes  him very difficult for the US to find because they aren't officially allowed to operate in Pakistan and have to work with the same indigenous Pakistani security forces that supported and trained and equipped the Taliban and Al-Qaeda during the 90s. Plus the fellow Muslims issue resonates deeply throughout the region. [Read Ahmed Rashid's Taliban for more on the Pakistan/Al Qaeda/Taliban organic link.

As for the 9/11 attack, Al Qaeda's stated reasoning was that this was a long planned operation using sleeper cells in the USA in response to the continued presence of infidel American troops in the Dar-El Islam. Al Qaeda (the base) exists 1) to drive all the infidels from the Saudi Peninsula which is home to the great holy cities of Mecca and Median, and then 2) to cleanse the entire Dar-El-Islam of infidels and then 3) to continue the holy duty of Jihad until the Dar-El-Harb is subdued and all nations acknowledge the rule of Allah, the primacy of his Prophet, and accept Sharia or Dimmitude.

In this the vision of Osama Bin Laden and most Pan Islamic movements match up which isn't surprising as most draw their inspiration and vision (which OBL has acknowledged) of Hasan Al-Banna who founded the Muslim Brotherhood (al-Ikhwan al-Muslimin) in 1928 in Egypt. The Muslim Brotherhood whose slogan is "Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. Qur'an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope." was formed to reestablish the Caliphate and complete the work of Jihad, religiously they are Wahabbi Muslims and OBL has acknowledged Al-Banna as his greatest influence. To quote Al-Banna in materials published by the Saudi Gov't and used by Al-Qaeda cells for indoctrination:

"Our task in general is to stand against the flood of modernist civilization overflowing from the swamp of materialistic and sinful desires. This flood has swept the Muslim nation away from the Prophet’s leadership and Koranic guidance and deprived the world of its guiding light. Western secularism moved into a Muslim world already estranged from its Koranic roots, and delayed its advancement for centuries, and will continue to do so until we drive it from our lands. Moreover, we will not stop at this point, but will pursue this evil force to its own lands, invade its Western heartland, and struggle to overcome it until all the world shouts by the name of the Prophet and the teachings of Islam spread throughout the world. Only then will Muslims achieve their fundamental goal, and there will be no more 'persecution’ and all religion will be exclusively for Allah….”

This link between Al-Qaeda and the philosophy of the Muslim brotherhood was recognized by the bipartisan 9/11 commission. Their final report noted:

"…Usama Bin Ladin and other Islamist terrorist leaders draw on a long tradition of extreme intolerance within one stream of Islam (a minority tradition), from at least Ibn Taymiya, through the founders of Wahhabism, through the Muslim Brotherhood, to Sayyid Qutb.That stream is motivated by religion and does not distinguish politics from religion, thus distorting both." (Sayyid Qutb followed Al-Banna and was executed for his role in attempts on the life of President Nasser). The Muslim brotherhood itself was responsible for the assasination of Sadat in 1981. It has played a central role both in Egyptian politics and worldwide attempts to establish parties to mobilize the faithful (the Umma) to fight the infidel West. Some of their most notable successes worldwide being the Taliban, HAMAS, Jamaah Islamiyah, Abu Sayaaf, Moro Islamic Liberation Front,  Al-Qaeda, Islamic Jihad, and the Chechen Rebels.

That in a nutshell is why the attacks occurred and why they will inevitably continue. As long as non-Muslim nations have a presence in the Dar-El-Islam, and the Western nations are not subdued and Islamicized, they ideologically speaking must continue. You, Dude, are part of their great problem, and you must either convert, submit to Dhimmitude, or die.

So, then, what is your solution?

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2005, 03:13:29 PM »
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
—Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

That's exactly what I was talking about.  Thanks for finding it.

Perhaps its due to the NeoCons who had his ear, who convinced him that this moment in history was the perfect time to establish a permanent U.S. military presence in the oil-rich Middle East?

I still can't think of a more plausible reason.  Apologies if we've been down this road before but I am still angry about it.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2005, 03:14:24 PM »
Oh No TheDudeVant is pusing his crazy USA hating ideas again..

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2005, 03:21:27 PM »
It's just a few that are responsible for the 400+ insurgent attacks that occur every week.
sand

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2005, 03:31:37 PM »
Ok man.. was just making sure we were not attacked because they are jealous of us and our freedoms.. Although I have not heard a single thing about how the terrorist will convert us or we must die.. Never knew that was part of the equation..

My best solution is to put a halt to the US  military following the interest of corporate america.  It has been happening for decades and probably pushing close to a century.. Corporate america in most cases is the reason we as americans are in their lands.

I'm certain there is no cutNdried answer as the problem has grown dramatically and is still increasing in scope..  But my solution I feel is a start..

What I don't get is how you can call yourself a paster/preacher/man of god and be able to condone military actions such as invading Iran and the killing of thousands of your brethern?

When jesus spoke of love your brother, what qualifiers did he put with that statement?

What does violence get you?

What does hate get you?

How can one like yourself claim the love of jesus but then turn your head and say violence should be the answer? How does that work exactly? Strangly, I would bet you could quote roughly 90% of jesus's teachings verbatem...

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2005, 05:18:57 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
Finding a 6'5" Saudi dragging a dialysis machine thru the mountains is hard work.

That's because.

Bush: It's hard work.

Title: By August 2003 Bush had taken 250 vacation days

Bush: ... and it's hard work.

Bush: It is hard work.

Bush: It is hard work.

Title: 27% of his presidency on vacation.

Bush: Hard work.

Bush: You know, It's hard work.

Bush: Everybody knows it's hard work.

Bush: We've done a lot of hard work.

Bush: I've seen on the TV screens how hard it is.

Bush: Yeah, I, I, I, I, uh .....

LOL

...-Gixer

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2005, 06:08:27 PM »
Originally posted by oboe

Why has press coverage on him virtually disappeared?

Oboe its the fault of the left leaning media. :lol
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2005, 06:19:19 PM »
Before we Invaded Iraq,we did not have a clue where the terrorists were.

Now since we  are all up in the middle of it,the terrorists are coming too us,with daily attacks.

Osama will be caught,it is just a matter of time is all,thats 1/2 the problem with the world today we are all in such a big Hurry too get anything done.
don,t forget the most important thing of all

"Buy American" American's!

<<>>:aok

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2005, 07:43:12 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
I think he meant that it didnt do anything but increase the number of terrorists.

I don`t belive you know the poster`s habits very well. :D

Henry Waxman, citing official briefings given to congressional aides, said the number of "significant" attacks had risen more than three-fold in a year.

Yep , and I would imagine it will get a lot worse before it runs it`s course. Miracles don`t just happen overnight. It takes time and effort.
  If acts such as these were left unchecked, without intervention and dedication, 9/11 would look like a walk in the park.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2005, 07:53:37 PM »
you guys didn't hear?

Usama was caught and was to be used as a trophy peice for Bush during the elections.

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2005, 07:54:10 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
osama died at tora bora, it's kept secret so osama will not be a martyr,

oh yeah, but this works only so far until he starts another terror attack
followed with a briefing video.
this guy have patience an can plan another attack the next 10 years.
In 10 years Bush Jr. left the podium long time ago.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2005, 08:01:10 PM »
A very nice showing by the tinfoil helmet brigade, good work
on the turnout.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars