Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2005, 10:25:38 AM »
Seagoon, are you arguing that the political and economic development of the middle east since the demise of the Ottoman Empire is as it is solely because of Islam and that all western influences can be discounted?

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2005, 10:48:03 AM »
im on the hunt for osama ur momma

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2005, 12:04:40 PM »
[Some days, like this one, I've got to admit, I'd love to take the Amish approach to Christianity and just retreat from dealing the world entirely (I've always wanted to drive a horse and buggy anyway). But as Christ told the church long ago, we have to be in the world even though, "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." Plus the reflection that I once treated Christians and Christ abominably myself and was with Paul "formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man."]

SkyDancer: No, I'm not calling for a renewal of the Crusades, which were after all an attempt to "recapture" the "Holy Lands" after they fell to the Seljuks, I am advocating what is already happening. Christian missionaries going out and laboring for Christ in Muslim lands, sometimes at the cost of their own lives in obedience to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:19-20 The Templars in adopting a policy of "conversion or the sword" worked against the teaching of Christ not for it and consequently it failed. Christianity is, at its core, about changing hearts through faith in Christ, not stopping them by force.

Momus: No, I am not arguing that a host of factors have not played a role in the development of the modern middle-east.

But I am arguing for what the majority of scholars on both sides of the divide have argued, that Islam is  the greatest single factor in shaping the landscape of the modern middle east - even the Arabs admit that, and argue that we don't understand them, because we don't understand Islam.

We in the West (especially today) have a tendency to frame everything in terms of Left and Right, following in the train of the Marxist philosophy of reducing everything to the "political struggle." In the Middle East however, only the most Westernized of Arabs (who are despised as compromisers and sell-outs) think in these terms, and attempts at creating movements there based on Nationalism or Marxism, etc. have generally failed. They flare up and eventually crash, even the most Westernized secular states, like Turkey are in the midst of Islamic revival that is overwhelming and subsuming politics.

What is, for instance, the largest and most influential middle-eastern "international organization?" The OIC - the organization of Islamic states, and its a union based not on Politics or even Geography - Its a union based on RELIGION. You want an example of "Western Arrogance" - try our continuing practice of trying to explain the Middle East in our terms - Political and Economic, rather than THEIRS. Also  irritating and mind-boggling to Arabs is the attempt to explain Islam via our Western conception of "faith" (which, post enlightenment is solely religious and deeply personal) as opposed to how Islam is actually framed which is Religious, Corporate, Cultural, and Civil. It is framed to handle all portions of the Human experience, even the political.

DudedVant: I'm curious as to why you think I became a Christian and then a Pastor, who in a nutshell do you believe I am at core?

As to your contention that I'm just the same as the Jihadists who indiscriminately bomb Western civilians, I can recall frequently calling on my congregation to be willing to suffer persecution for their faith, but never once to kill for it. In fact I've preached the following: "So how do we respond to Islam, by killing all the Muslims? No! When Christians wage aggressive wars or attempt to convert by the Sword we are going against the teachings of Christ. The Koran may enshrine the Jihad, but the word of God does not. "
             and again I've preached:
But should your reaction should be to hate individual Muslims? Not at all! While we hate the Christ denying lies of Islam, we should remember the words of the Apostle Paul in Titus 3:3-7:

" For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

We too were once just as blind and lost as the Muslims. While they may hate us, we must not return evil for evil but rather, instead we should pray for them and whenever possible we should seek to give them the real Good News of Salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. Muslim governments have made it almost impossible for Christian missionaries to work in their countries, but every year, thousands of Muslims are coming to the United States. You need to be ready, willing and eager, to share the gospel with them now that God is mercifully bringing them to a place where they can be exposed to it and I would urge you to consider supporting ministries whose focus is not only to Muslims abroad but the growing Muslim community here in America... Christians, stand firm in that faith once for all delivered to the Saints, and Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have, regardless of what religion they profess. But do this with gentleness and respect."

BTW What did you think I dodged in my previous answer?
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2005, 12:18:59 PM »
Originally posted by Seagoon

We too were once just as blind and lost as the Muslims. While they may hate us, we must not return evil for evil but rather, instead we should pray for them and whenever possible we should seek to give them the real Good News of Salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. Muslim governments have made it almost impossible for Christian missionaries to work in their countries, but every year, thousands of Muslims are coming to the United States. You need to be ready, willing and eager, to share the gospel with them now that God is mercifully bringing them to a place where they can be exposed to it and I would urge you to consider supporting ministries whose focus is not only to Muslims abroad but the growing Muslim community here in America... Christians, stand firm in that faith once for all delivered to the Saints, and Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have, regardless of what religion they profess. But do this with gentleness and respect." [/i]

See this is exactly the kind of thing that makes muslims hate us. You say they are lost and blind because they don't believe what you do. That would piss me off to. They don't want your good news of salvation and they really don't want christians marching around their "holy land".  Have respect for someone else's religion. Calling them blind and lost is very disrespectful.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »
Raider,

Its about truth claims. The Koran teaches (particularly in the Suras known collectivelly as "The Dinner Table") that both Jews and Christians are spiritually blind and deaf, that if they will not accept Islam they are to be considered the same as "apes and swine" and then goes about systematically contradicting the claims of Christ to be the Son of God, etc. and that they are cursed:

"And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!" [9:30]

Finally it orders that they be fought against, and either converted or subjugated and forced to pay a tax for their resistance (the Dhimmi).

As a Christian Pastor, I am called not to teach my opinions, but to shepherd His flock and faithfully convey the teaching of the Bible. I am only called to be an "Ambassador" of Christ as Eph. 6:20 puts it not a legislator, and an ambassador simply makes known the will of the King. I therefore proclaim that all men are by nature fallen, eternally lost and blind outside of Christ but that salvation is freely available through faith in Him Ephesians 2 , because that is what He proclaimed and told the the Church to proclaim.

I know full well that such exclusivity is distasteful in the post-modern West. And yes I know the majority of listeners everywhere have and will continue to react poorly to the proclamation of the gospel (heck, the listeners of Christ's first sermon were filled with wrath and drove him out of the synagogue and attempted to force him over a cliff, for that matter I myself hated it and didn't want to hear it) but if we really believe this is the good news that saves, it is no mercy not to preach it.

There is a difference between Christians preaching in Muslim nations and Muslims preaching in the West. Over there, it is almost uniformly illegal. In Saudi Arabia for instance, the construction of churches is absolutely banned, missionaries may not legally enter the country, and leaving Islam is a death penalty offense. Over here however, Muslims may freely proclaim Islam, in fact one of the largest teaching centers for Islam in the world is currently in Fairfax, VA. Islam is currently the fastest growing religion in both Europe and America. So you can of course join them in objecting to us evangelizing them, but my friend they are here and they are not impressed by the bitter fruits of secular humanism and they are rapidly converting an equally unimpressed populace which doesn't realize that it is going from frying pan to fire.

- SEAGOON
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2005, 01:50:55 PM »
I'm curious as to why you think I became a Christian and then a Pastor, who in a nutshell do you believe I am at core?

Obviously you became a christian for the same reasons the other 95% of the population did that was not under immediate threat of death.. You did not want to burn in hell forever..  joking!

I have no idea seagoon and I will not attempt to judge you farther of what type person you are at your core..  

both Jews and Christians are spiritually blind and deaf

Sometimes I find this hard to deny.

ultimately I feel the only solution lies in evangelizing the population

They have their religion and like us would fight in order to keep it..

If you had the promise that every single person of the Islam faith would find Christ but with a cost, how many islamic lives would that be worth??

10,000?
100,000??
1,000,000??
all but 2??

You speak of these people following the islam religion very broadly.. Do you feel they all want to bomb us or in the least kill us least we convert to their religion??

From your own words you do not preach death or convert. But would you not agree that many christians in the past have preached and followed through this very idea??

But I am arguing for what the majority of scholars on both sides of the divide have argued, that Islam is the greatest single factor in shaping the landscape of the modern middle east

Much like christainity is probably responsible for much or our landscape? Would you disagree??

Would you say that as christians, we are a less violent society??

My questions avoided:

What qualifiers did jesus put with the statement, love your brother???

What does hate bring?

What does violence bring?

How, from a christian standpoint, can anything be made better with the use of either of these two realities?

What makes you so certain that christianity is the only way to find one's god??  Why does it seem that christians have their god's message pointed right at the islam religion more than other religions of the world?? There are many kinds..

Are the majority of people in the world christians??  Because they are not, does that mean your God of love will damn them all??

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2005, 04:06:03 PM »

There is a difference between Christians preaching in Muslim nations and Muslims preaching in the West. Over there, it is almost uniformly illegal. In Saudi Arabia for instance, the construction of churches is absolutely banned, missionaries may not legally enter the country, and leaving Islam is a death penalty offense. Over here however, Muslims may freely proclaim Islam, in fact one of the largest teaching centers for Islam in the world is currently in Fairfax, VA. Islam is currently the fastest growing religion in both Europe and America. So you can of course join them in objecting to us evangelizing them, but my friend they are here and they are not impressed by the bitter fruits of secular humanism and they are rapidly converting an equally unimpressed populace which doesn't realize that it is going from frying pan to fire.

- SEAGOON

It's their country, its their laws.  You think they are going to hell for not believing in Jesus, They think you are going to hell for not believing in Mohammad and Allah. Religions are a lot more alike than any side wants to admit. You can point out things in the Qu'ran that are bad just as easy as you can point out things in the bible or even the Torah for that matter. Feeling that you are taking the high road and its your "duty" to help them change their beliefs is presumptous and wrong. Let them believe, all major religions are dangerous and have their wacko's. That doesn't mean they are wrong or should have to change beliefs. After all isn't the KKK a Christian-based hate group?

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2005, 04:17:51 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
no no sir!! Its the daughters of the elders of Zion that tell me all the secrets! hehe

Dude I was responding to Seagoon as he mentioned spec ops..

hehe
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2005, 04:26:06 PM »

Now, if you want what the bible teaches about violence, sixth commandment , and how the Christ of the Bible is not the all tolerant pacifistic hippy sage of liberal Christianity (Check out John 2:15-17, Matt. 25:31-46, Rev. 19 for instance) I'm happy to discuss them, but please keep in mind I'm not advocating any mindless campaign of violence. Politically, I am in favor of Democratizing the Middle East, but ultimately I feel the only solution lies in evangelizing the population, which can only happen if Sharia laws which condemn apostates to death and make all missionary activity illegal are replaced by democratic laws protecting religious liberty. You may find the idea hideous, but even the most ardent secularist must admit that if the population of Islamic countries becomes Christian, then the recruiting pool for Islamic terrorist organizations dissappears and the call to Jihad with it.  

- SEAGOON

Please show me the words of Jesus anywhere in the bible. Of course I mean his words directly not what he supposedly said that was written by others.
I dont believe you or anyone has a clue as to who or what Jesus was.
And you want to bring the poor suffering ME people to christ? How about first you stop the Christian fanatics and terrorists in this country before you try to breed them in others?
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2005, 05:14:40 PM »
How about first you stop the Christian fanatics and terrorists in this country before you try to breed them in others?

What fanatics and terrrorists are you talking about?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2005, 05:35:29 PM »
I assume he meant the ones that blow up abortion clinics or assassinate doctors who work at women's health clinics.

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2005, 06:08:45 PM »
Originally posted by JB88

its called slieght of hand.  its very effective.

This really is a bit OT... but why are some of you reluctant to let others know where you are located? It's not like anyone is going to be able to hunt me down by knowing I'm from Florida.  :)

Just curious.

Woof

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2005, 06:32:50 PM »
one word why Osama isn't caught yet:
Goldstein

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2005, 06:58:50 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
They have their religion and like us would fight in order to keep it..

DudeDVant, They Fight to promote it and  pass draconian laws to protect its hegemony, we on the other hand have no "state religion" in the USA and have passed laws to make sure that cannot happen. Its a very different world over there, I don't sense you'd like it much, sure it is your female relations wouldn't.

If you had the promise that every single person of the Islam faith would find Christ but with a cost, how many islamic lives would that be worth??

Actually, I'm not advocating that Muslims die to find Christ. Quite the reverse, I'm advocating that Christians die to save Muslims. If I die in the process of telling the Good News, so be it. " For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it." (Luke 9:24)

You speak of these people following the islam religion very broadly.. Do you feel they all want to bomb us or in the least kill us least we convert to their religion??

Obviously not all of them. Many are nominals, just as most Christians are nominals, some are liberals, some are Sufis, etc. But all theologically conservative Sunnis and Shias are committed to the idea that Islam must eventually be the worldwide religion. Several Arabic Governments, such as that of Saudi Arabia, have officially endorsed that idea and spend literally billions promoting Islam worldwide both by providing arms, Islamic education centers, etc. Oh and the literature they print says we gotta submit or errr... "go." That fact is undeniable.

From your own words you do not preach death or convert. But would you not agree that many christians in the past have preached and followed through this very idea??

Yes, the Roman Catholic Church worked with the magistrate to do so from roughly the 10th century through the 17th. I am not a Roman Catholic, I find this practice ahorrent, and a sad consequence of the unbiblical co-opting of the church under Constantine and Caesaropapism. We had a Reformation back in the 16th century to redress practices like that.

Much like christainity is probably responsible for much or our landscape? Would you disagree??

Well our society still clings to the husk of Christian ethics etc. but with the widespread loss of faith in the Bible we  are becoming more secular with every year. Islamic society is far more culturally wed to Islam. For instance, when Muslim Women come here they keep their Hijab on, when our women go there, they must put a hijab on, when Sharia is implemented as it is being in Northern Nigeria, Islamic customs become compulsory. Imagine Dude being forced to wear a Yarmulke or a Turban even though you were neither Jewish nor Arabic.  

Would you say that as christians, we are a less violent society??

As Christians? Are we a "Christian society" wouldn't you go balistic if I started claiming that? Is the West less violent? In terms of Crime, no. In fact one of their claims to the superiority of Islam is our widespread drug addiction etc.

My questions avoided:

What qualifiers did jesus put with the statement, love your brother???

Jesus never actually said love your brother (Grk: adelphos) he summarized the two tables of the law with the words " 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,' and 'your neighbor as yourself.' " And then illustrated the idea of loving your neighbor with the parable of the good Samaritan. IF you really want to know what I sincerely believe about this and show me where I'm wrong, here is what I've publically stated: The Good Samaritan

What does hate bring?

What does violence bring?

How, from a christian standpoint, can anything be made better with the use of either of these two realities?

Does violence always involve hate? Has every Christian scholar who has written about Just War theory been wrong? Were the Allies wrong to use violence in defending themselves against the Germans and Japanese and then in liberating Europe and conquering those nations? Was Jesus wrong to praise the faith of a soldier? Should John the Baptist have told the Soldiers who asked him what to do? Stop being soldiers immediately!

What makes you so certain that christianity is the only way to find one's god??  

Because that is what Christ taught in the Bible, and I believe the Bible to be the word of God. I know you don't and I can't myself make you do so.

Why does it seem that christians have their god's message pointed right at the islam religion more than other religions of the world?? There are many kinds..

Statistically, Christian missions are far more active outside the 10/40 window (the Islamic world) than inside it. There are for instance, innordinantly more Christian missionaries in South America than in the Nations under Islam. Sharia law makes that inevitable.

Are the majority of people in the world christians??  Because they are not, does that mean your God of love will damn them all??

The Bible teaches that men are born fallen, born in iniquity as David put it, and that the reason we sin is because we are sinners. That is why Christ stressed the importance of being gennethe annothen "born again" or "regenerated" to Nicodemus in John 3 saying "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

We will either believe and be saved or remain as Jesus said, condemned, "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already" (John 3:18) I long ago accepted that that was the state I was in, and that if I was to be saved I needed to have my sins forgiven and atoned for, and a righteousness I could never earn for myself imputed to me. And since that time, my entire life has been dramatically different.

I don't know who or even how many are going to heaven, I do know it will be a number impossible to count from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. But that as Christ said, "narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." and regarding heaven "many are called, but few are chosen."

Anywho Dude as a Christian, I don't make car bombs, or teach others to make them, I don't preach politics from the pulpit, just humbly exposit the teaching of scripture, I counsel, I try to guard my flock, and be spent loving and serving them and my family and most of all my savior. On my offtime I fly AcesHigh, hunt during the season, smoke cigars when I can afford them, and read voraciously and write whenever I can. Fomenting Terrorism is not big on my agenda. That in a nutshell really is my life.

- SEAGOON

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Osama Bin Laden
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2005, 12:46:45 AM »
news? Bin Laden is Death, hurray