Author Topic: Time to unperk the Spit 14  (Read 5254 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Time to unperk the Spit 14
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2005, 12:15:08 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
recomendation(s)

*un-perk all prop-driven fighters
*lighly perk ALL "1944" late war planes to create a mid-war scenery...

(Bf-109G-10, Fw-190A-8/D-9/F-8, P-51B/D, P-47D-25/D-40, P-38L, F4U-1D, Typhoon, Mosquito, La-7, Yak-9U, A6M5, N1K2-J, Ki-84

:confused:
Mosquito?  Perked?

That is a mid 1943 fighter-bomber.  First sorties in July, 1943.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2005, 12:29:55 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
Final summary...

Spit 14 is perked way too high, thus RAF fans are feeling the injustice they have to contend with...

There are other planes that can compete with spit 14 on equal terms...

the planes are... P-51s, Bf-109G-10 (a match for Spit XIV... for FREE!!!), La-7, Fw-190D-9 (The Luftwaffe's version of its Tempest), P-38L

recomendation(s)

*un-perk all prop-driven fighters
*lighly perk ALL "1944" late war planes to create a mid-war scenery...

(Bf-109G-10, Fw-190A-8/D-9/F-8, P-51B/D, P-47D-25/D-40, P-38L, F4U-1D, Typhoon, Mosquito, La-7, Yak-9U, A6M5, N1K2-J, Ki-84

ROFL did you just pick planes at random here?!?  So perk the a8, f8 but not the a5?  A5 will pwn an a8 or f8.  The f4u1D??  Why?

You want the worst jug of the whole bunch perked?  :lol  Why not perk the SBD while you are at it.

The yak9 and a6m5 have current eny values over 30, and I don't understand the mosquito one bit.  The 51B should NEVER be on this list with the limited HP and 4 gun package.  

I guess what I mean is, you just can't do this by years because this isn't the real WWII... this is a scenario and events play out differently in scenarios

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2005, 12:33:23 AM »
lol:o

our mossie is indeed 1943.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2005, 12:44:57 AM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
ROFL did you just pick planes at random here?!?  So perk the a8, f8 but not the a5?  A5 will pwn an a8 or f8.  The f4u1D??  Why?

You want the worst jug of the whole bunch perked?  :lol  Why not perk the SBD while you are at it.

The yak9 and a6m5 have current eny values over 30, and I don't understand the mosquito one bit.  The 51B should NEVER be on this list with the limited HP and 4 gun package.  

I guess what I mean is, you just can't do this by years because this isn't the real WWII... this is a scenario and events play out differently in scenarios

(oh my god... another never-ending cycle, this whole feud should have ended after i posted a conclusion!:D)

The planes that i listed are not random!

btw if HTC will perked the "top 5-6-7", then F4U-1D should go on that list because it's a USN's late war carrier (4-44) and land fighter. infact the F4U-1D only entered USN carrier fleet after following  some suggestions from the Royal Navy, who werre then using Corsairs on their own carrier fleet.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2005, 12:53:40 AM »
Okay, I'll summarize too.

1. Current agenda on perks, according to HTC, IIRC, is based on;

* arena balance
* superior performance
* historical rarity

2. All of each country's 'ultimate fighters' are very capable and powerful, and are in a class of their own.

3. The variation of performance between the late war fighters are well matched, and yet some are unjustly highly perked.

4. Thus, if perks MUST be applied to the Spit14

1) ALL of its contemporaries must be perked at simular prices

or

2) The Spit14 must be as free as its contemporaries

5. I suggested 1) in the form of NPA. People hated it. They say perking stuff is limiting planes.

So, I suggested 2) sometime before. Others have also mentioned the fact that the Spit14 is perked way too high.

Except, the funny thing is, they didn't care jackshi* about arena balance and the fact how 4~5 planes dominate entire plane usage out of some 50~60 plane choices when I was suggesting 1).

All that "freedom of using whatever planes I like is important" speeches.. "I'm gonna quit if I have to start paying for my favorite plane" rants.. the pseudo-logic of "newbies need some superplanes to be free so they can adept to the MA"...

Where's it now? Where'd it all go?

Poof!

Suggest a perk-free spit14 and all that is gone. It just disappears. Suddenly people are worried about balance.. suddenly, they don't care if some people's favorite plane are perked or not.

thus,

6. I accuse them of hypocrisy, faulty reasoning, claims without proof, and plain ol' selfishness.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2005, 01:43:17 AM »
Actually almost sums up how I feel -

Either-
1) Unperk the 14

Or

2) Perk all the contempories (not my 1st choice though)
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2005, 04:54:55 AM »
If a decent Spit IX or VIII is brought to AH, the XIV will disappear, for the difference in performance will be too small.
The only edge the XIV holds is speed in some alt bands, - not even sure if in all of them, - see the spitfire graph in this thread.
And yet, there could be no excuse to perk a 1943 aircraft.
So, it might still have to be perked, but a little only.
I'd say 10 points are good ;)

Spits are just too darned  good, :D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2005, 05:00:17 AM »
spit9 is such a good plane.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2005, 10:58:55 AM »
Originally posted by Angus
If a decent Spit IX or VIII is brought to AH, the XIV will disappear, for the difference in performance will be too small.
The only edge the XIV holds is speed in some alt bands, - not even sure if in all of them, - see the spitfire graph in this thread.
And yet, there could be no excuse to perk a 1943 aircraft.
So, it might still have to be perked, but a little only.
I'd say 10 points are good ;)

Spits are just too darned  good, :D

This is what I'm afraid of, if we do get at VIII that it will also be perked. Like I said, can't have the RAF with a post 1942 plane that's unperked.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2005, 04:38:58 PM »
So, perk the RAF !!!:D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2005, 05:00:20 PM »
They are lol.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2005, 10:30:21 AM »
They should add a free Spitfire Mk XII.  It has the same problem as the La-7, in that it is a terrible high altitude fighter and a great low altitude fighter, so it shouldn't be perked.

Of course the fact that it would be far superior to the Spitfire Mk XIV for AH purposes is just icing on the cake.

Remember, low altitude dominance doesn't get a fighter perked, just high altitude dominance.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2005, 01:13:55 PM »
Hey Karnak!
Look at the graph of Spitfires aomewhere above in the thread.
The VIII is a 400 mph+ fighter, and run by a merlin 70 it's high alt performance is also good.
I think the line on the graph ends just where the second stage supercharger should be cutting in.
Anyway, that is a tropicalized aircraft from 1943, it's internal fuel capacity is double to the Mk IX, it climbs to 20K in some 5 minutes, and it's quite fast.
Makes one wonder. Throw that one into AH without a perk tag, and there will be whining. Basically a faster Spit IX with 2x range and a better ROC than our Mk XIV has now!
So, those RAF thingies are too good.
Perk the RAF :D

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2005, 02:21:36 PM »
Remember, low altitude dominance doesn't get a fighter perked, just high altitude dominance.

Thats your opinion, but I's say total dominance...

above 5k the aircraft is untouchable.. (even being slower the combination of acceleration, view, cannon, climb, e retention and it still being a spitfire = total domination...)

below 5k its still a spitfire, a fast one at that.. with lots of engine power.. (try to rope it i dare ya.. even on deck..)

its a shame this plane got a bad rap.. imo  its the second best in the game all around (f4u4 being the best, non jet that is..) and the best 1 vs 1 fighter in the game able to equalize almost any situation in a 1 vs 1.

I dont agree that some think the la7 and g10 can get with it..  if running is a consideration then yes i agree.. they can out run the spitfire14..  thats about it..  hands down equal pilots the spit14 will cream those two... (in my opinion even if the those 2 had e advantage they will either run or die.. now thats some smack talk... but imo its true..)

(this isn't a attack Kwessa Karnak and gang..)  :D

DoctorYo

PS:  I dont think its RAF conspiracy i think its more of game unbalancing conspiracy and the RAF boys should take their early/middle war aircraft as a compliment for being perked up..(it was that good during the war its that good here) If its just a best of the best...  then why 262, chog etc..(p47 superbird hint hint)   its balancing issue.. Remember the chog....  and the mentality that went with it.. now insert the spitfire, amount of use the combined spitfires get and factor that into the spit14 as the premier spit and you got balance trouble...  Im all for balancing the other latewar.. would change the arena for the better, with latewar being more rare.. how or if HTC will do that your guess is good as mine.. 2 weeks maybe.. like TOD...

:lol

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2005, 03:21:20 PM »
Interesting that "balance" keeps coming up in this discussion. I am all for balance but what we have now is complete and total imbalance. I did an informal unscientific survey over the weekend by watching a long film i made and counting until 200 cons had been identified.  

Out of 200 enemies (bish) I counted 173 of them were one of the big-5.  That's awfully close to 90% fellas. I agree that unperking the Spit14 is a bad idea, and almost nobody here is advocating that so drop it. Lowering the perk value has merit but what we need for balance is the big-5 to have small costs attached.

But that is bad for business, so what is the answer? I don't see one other than learn to live with skies full of Pony/Dora/N1K/Spit/G10s, like we haven't had 3 years to get used to them already eh?