Author Topic: WW2OnLine: Wow, its a Love or Hate thing!  (Read 4526 times)

Offline MrRiplEy

• Copper Member
      • http://altavista.net
WW2OnLine: Wow, its a Love or Hate thing!
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
This mess with the settings control is just another reminder of how buggy the game really is.

Prepare to do most things manually (read: do CRS's job for them.)

I think the future of WW2OL lies in the fanatic crowds supporting it, I think CRS should let the biggest supporters help with the coding and bug hunt. Otherwise I doubt it will ever be finished.

Of course releasing parts of the code will probably mean instant bulletproof grunts, immortal planes.. etc.

Offline datter-

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.theofficersclub.com
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2001, 07:37:00 AM »
Things are rough now guys, that's undeniable. I've heard EQ started off in hard shape way back when as well... it's just a tad popular nowadays. Give WWIIOL some time.  :p

datter

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2001, 01:34:00 PM »
EQ was never this bad, not even close. And I should know, I was there from the closed beta phases (closed beta phase 3- open beta phase 5- 4 months of Gold).

And Spitboy  ;) no I have never drove a real tracked armored vehicle in real life, but I just can't imagine flipping a 45 ton tracked vehicle on a bush or a guard rail at 5mph, which is easy too do in WWIIOL. So  :p

WWIIOL great concept, HUGE potential, but needs 3-6 more months of work.  :)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2001, 01:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by Vermillion:
WWIIOL great concept, HUGE potential, but needs 3-6 more months of work.   :)

You're not in the software business are you?   ;)  You've probably given an accurate time frame, instead of "it'll be better in a week/month!"  Software devs always think it'll take less time than it actually will!

It's not the worst software release in history anyways.  Football Pro 99 by Sierra actually was recalled and scrapped AFTER release.  WWIIOL ain't -that- bad!  Might be the bumpiest retail MMOPG release though.  Dunno, wasn't around for Meridian or UO's launch.  Didn't pay attention to EQ or AC being launched either.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2001, 05:41:00 PM »
Thanks for the tip Nifty..work great, just run settings.exe from c:\playnet\crs\ww2ol.

bowser

Offline Dmitry

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2001, 09:19:00 PM »
such a great idea so poorly done.... they simply &%$#ed up..... too bad, but with so many cheerleaders I think they have a chance to do it all over again... just a few XX Mb patches would do a trick.... maybe wont, but with a few good programmers.... I guess will see in about a year...

<S>

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2001, 06:35:00 AM »

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: Jekyll ]