Author Topic: The community lately....  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: The community lately....
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2005, 12:57:40 PM »
Originally posted by pellik
Did you intend this to be an example of thread hijacking?

No, and it isn't.

It addresses Waffle's first post, the part about "foolish debate about furballing vs base captures". The debate is really about griefers.

Secondly, it addresses Waffle's first post concerning finding 1v1 fights in FT. That't not what a furball is; it's not why FT was created. The DA is for 1v1 as the name implies.

Now, did you intend your statement about hijacks to hijack this thread?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
The community lately....
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2005, 01:04:57 PM »
Lol Grits -

I knew it was sarcasm.

But...it was a pointless post.  

Just like every one of Megaduds post in this thread. Absolutely nothing significant to add, other than it's similarity to a dog pissing on something to try to mark territory...

Someone will be along along shortly to piss right over it and that will soon be pissed upon as well...

BTW - why in the hell are you guys turning this into a thread about a squad? Least it's starting to turn around.... I think...........
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 01:11:20 PM by Waffle »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2005, 01:09:31 PM »
Interesting question Waffle. Shame you edited out the reason.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline ThunderEGG

• Copper Member
The community lately....
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2005, 01:10:47 PM »
Would we all be so boisterous face to face?  Way to pot-shot and hide y'all.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
The community lately....
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2005, 01:12:59 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Interesting question Waffle. Shame you edited out the reason.

?:huh

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2005, 01:25:38 PM »
How did I know this would turn into yet another Blue Knights bash thread? If you're not part of the solution, Waffle, you're part of the problem

-- Todd/Leviathn

Originally posted by Waffle BAS
yeah - your right... should've kept that to myself and just snickered....but it wasn't a BK bash / rant....

I think you're wanting it to be.

Btw I edited my post.

Sokay. If you still dont know. There is always internet chache to dig up and show you what you wrote before you edited. :aok

But yea, your mouth basicly started it, turned it into something about the BK's. Then fueled further by the EruoFreak

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: The community lately....
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2005, 01:28:07 PM »
What Toad wrote is pure brillance and I would find it hard to believe that anyone who reads that post could not comprehend what he wrote and see the truth behind it ...

BUT ...

there will be those that will look at that post and see ...

"blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Toad there is a faction of the player base that looks upon us furballers as a "waste" of resources that could be better used to further the "WIN THE WAR" effort. Those are the one that will see ... "blah blah blah" ... and those are the one that will continue to "grief".

These griefer, as countrymen, will be the ones that go and level the enemies FHs/CVs so that the furball will die, and at that point they think that we will now join their effort, because there is nothing left to do.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
The community lately....
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2005, 01:28:31 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Lol Grits -

I knew it was sarcasm.

But...it was a pointless post.  

Just like every one of Megaduds post in this thread. Absolutely nothing significant to add, other than it's similarity to a dog pissing on something to try to mark territory...

Someone will be along along shortly to piss right over it and that will soon be pissed upon as well...

BTW - why in the hell are you guys turning this into a thread about a squad? Least it's starting to turn around.... I think...........

i love you too waffle :) :aok

PS Sorry I hijacked your thread :( :cry
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 01:35:09 PM by megadud »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: The community lately....
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2005, 01:37:05 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Toad there is a faction of the player base that looks upon us furballers as a "waste" of resources that could be better used to further the "WIN THE WAR" effort. Those are the one that will see ... "blah blah blah" ... and those are the one that will continue to "grief".

These griefer, as countrymen, will be the ones that go and level the enemies FHs/CVs so that the furball will die, and at that point they think that we will now join their effort, because there is nothing left to do.

I agree totally (toadaly?) Slap.

From their point of view, we are a "waste of resources". But there's another thing that has also been pointed out many times. The $15/month resource I am wasting is mine not theirs.

My play in FT does not affect their use of their own resources. They can still do exactly what they like to do in AH. I do not "waste" their $15/month resource.

OTOH, if they grief FT it prevents me from doing what I like to do in AH. They "waste" my $15/month resource.

When they grief FT, or on the other less interesting maps, the FH's or CV's I still have a choice. I can choose to join them in the Hampster Wheel War or I can choose to log.

While I find furballing very interesting and great fun, it's not the only thing I find very interesting and great fun.  So, when they kill the fights... I log. There's always another virtual day.

It is a shame though that griefing FT is so easy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2005, 01:43:59 PM »
Originally posted by megadud
i love you too waffle :) :aok

PS Sorry I hijacked your thread :( :cry

lol you didnt hijack it Mega. Waffle himself did! lmao:O

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2005, 02:14:31 PM »
you call me Eurofreak morpheus........we were here b4 your country existed.

one day your silly little world will come crashing down around you and I'm glad not many will be there to pick up the pieces for you.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
The community lately....
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2005, 02:19:54 PM »
one day your silly little world will come crashing down around you and I'm glad not many will be there to pick up the pieces for you.

When that happens ... there won't be anybody left to pick up pieces ... and we will have been long gone by then ... and this silly little BBS debate forum will have long since perished too.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
The community lately....
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2005, 02:22:01 PM »
Originally posted by ThunderEGG
Would we all be so boisterous face to face?  Way to pot-shot and hide y'all.

I'm as big an A - hole in real life as I am on the Intardnet.... and I have the arrest record to prove it.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
The community lately....
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2005, 02:22:04 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
See Rule #4, #16

Hmm Grits speaks a different language?:O

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
The community lately....
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2005, 02:25:38 PM »
Originally posted by SkyWolf
Oh... I dunno.... I'm 47 years old and I think it's pretty funny.

Yer just a kid...what do you know?;)