Author Topic: Furballers Vs. Toolshedders  (Read 12463 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Furballers Vs. Toolshedders
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2005, 11:52:29 AM »
Originally posted by july865
......i do not want to start an issue with these simple questions............
...... what is a "furballer"???

......what is a "toolsheder"???
......what is "furball island"???
..... where can i find those rules that others are reffering too???
i appologize for my "beginner status".......
SIZE]

Furball multi aicraft fight
Toolsheder One who bombs any and all buildings in game. [name is mostly used by furballers to put down bomber pilots]

fuballers one who fights in a multi aircraft fight. [name is mostly used by toosheders to put down furballers]
Furball island place an some maps where 3 sides have a field in close procimity to one another.

Rules what rules . we dont need no stinkin rules.

No need to appologize we were all new once.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #241 on: October 29, 2005, 02:00:31 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
Perhaps you should check out Microsofts Combat Flight Simulator. It sound like it meets your criteria. :)

Let me quote our friend RShubert.   Shubie has excellent analytical skills, and did a very good post earlier on the state of Flight Sims today.

Originally posted by rshubert
Let's dissect that statement...

1.  HT has no competition (not that there aren't any pretenders, they just suck).  Therefore, HT has the best product.

Now if Shubie will allow me to expand my take on his statement (this is my take, I am not trying to put words into his mouth)

A:  HT has no competition.

B:  There are some other flight sims out there, but they are just “pretenders” they really just suck.

C: Therefore, Aces High is the best there is at this time.

Micro$oft Combat sim is a pretty gamey flight sim.  It has all those open views, external views, you can line up a bogey that is way under your nose.  Etc.

Or there is IL2 with the little arrows and stuff to help you keep track of the bogeys, and other strange stuff.

Or of course WW2 on-line where I got an account and 6 weeks later I was paying for the service but couldn’t log on line. And I couldn’t get anyone to respond to my emails to help me log on.  After almost 2 months of paying for their service, and not ever being able to log on even once, not once, I cancelled my account.

So “LA’s High”  is about the only option.

All I want is a Fighter Town area somewhere on the MA maps where the Toolsheders can’t interrupt our play.  And then if I get tired of the FT, I can help capture a base, defend a base or something.  If you keep the furballers in the MA rather than move them out to some other arena, you increase the chance that they may help win a war now and then.

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2005, 03:19:55 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
All I want is a Fighter Town area somewhere on the MA maps where the Toolsheders can’t interrupt our play.  And then if I get tired of the FT, I can help capture a base, defend a base or something.  If you keep the furballers in the MA rather than move them out to some other arena, you increase the chance that they may help win a war now and then.

Nice

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2005, 04:06:40 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Yes I play this game.  I get into it too. I swear when I die, and say "Die MF!" when I kill someone.  But I mainly keep it to myself, unless Im drinking and decide to press the T button amongst squaddies.

The difference is, when I turn off the game, I dont put on a Wal-Mart quality leather jacket, with civil air patrol patches, and strut down to the local bar and tell war stories trying to impress the chicks. Im sorry...but thats what I hear, coming from some of these people. They think they really mean something. Face it. If you spend a great deal of time playing a video game, no matter what the game is about...chances are you're a geek. Enjoy it...it means you should be happy you dont care what others feel about you, not gloss over it with pseudo-kill tallies and bravado. Im a geek, but my wife loves me.

1st off I have never been a geek .
    2nd , when I came home from country.. I took that watermelon off, and I dont go to bars and talk watermelon when I left , I left, "it" their ....

3rd I wore Orange & Black Leathers and a Kevlar ....in my  work ....
 where you might  wonder ? My job was riding HD XR 750's in AMA Grand National Flattrack  .... for 32 years ....  Filth you got a big mouth and sometimes you run it too much .....next time you want to do a personal attack and smear job on someone , It might help for you to have a clue as to WTF your talkin' about .......

CHECKERS
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 04:11:51 PM by CHECKERS »
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: October 29, 2005, 04:27:25 PM »
Laz:
A thought....

There are a wide variety of sports, appealing to a wide variety of interests. Some are individual; human against self or nature. Some are team; humans working in concert to achieve goals. Some are pure thrill; human against extreme challenge, with accomplishment and adrenaline driving the "play" (like extreme skiing, gettign deposited at a mountain top and sking down without a trail).

Is running a marathon boring and wimpy, while sitting in a duck blind with a beer and a gun is manly? If one guy enjoys getting off a  good defensive body check on the hockey rink, and another works all season to get a personal record on a downhill -- is one pursuit "better" than another? And (pointedly for the furballeers), although the extreme skier shooting off a snowy outcropping without quite being sure he will land safely may feel superior to the common human -- is the said common human inferior because he thinks the skier is a little nuts? That adrenaline addiction isnt necessary for achievement?

I rarely buff anymore, and I tend to seek out good fights (though I'm not a particularly good fighter). I have yet to up from any base outside the donut on that excellent map. I rarely care about base capture and I cant EVER remember porking a base. By most definitions, that would make me a furballer (of mediocre competence). Yet, i jsut dont get the point of the "furballer forever" smack talk. You love adrenaline; why does that mean everyone else's approaches stink?

And the "we dont need them" argument gets a little thin. Games that have almost pure fighter v fighter online play (like IL2) dont attract the crowd that AH2 does. Truth is, the reason you have enough people around to furball IS the variety that AH2 offers. Take out the tanks, the buffs, the land grab, the strats -- adn like it or not, you have the DA or CT. How many fighters do those arenas attract? When the DA tried to put on its own fighter town, without the MA side shows, nobody came.

Just some food for thought. (Although, I fully expect it to prove more of a food for flame...)
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #245 on: October 29, 2005, 04:32:51 PM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+

So �LA�s High�  is about the only option.

All I want is a Fighter Town area somewhere on the MA maps where the Toolsheders can�t interrupt our play.  And then if I get tired of the FT, I can help capture a base, defend a base or something.  If you keep the furballers in the MA rather than move them out to some other arena, you increase the chance that they may help win a war now and then.

So you want a different game than the game that is offered? Or this one customized to your preferences?

Heavy fighters interrupt my play all the time.

LA's High? You don't care for fighters either? Don't forget the Run 90s.

Personally I want better and more field defense weapons. Limits on 1000lb bombs. Make the VH harder to drop. OH, and tracers for the 37mm I can see. HT can ya customize it to my preferences? Just to help the FT field the next time a C-47 dawdles in ya understand. :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2005, 05:04:48 PM »
Checkers Im sorry if I struck a nerve but face it...doing what we do here is slightly geeky. Getting worked up over it just makes it seem like we take it all that more seriously. And I dont believe anyone online saying they did this or that. I take em as I see em. A guy, or girl, playing an online video game, some treating it as such, some treating it more as something extra special.

1. No military agency is going to come to AH2 to recruit for piloting jobs.

2. No one else in the world cares, or is aware of this game, other than those who are into it. Or..the buddy at work who is sick of hearing about it, thinking that we stay in on saturday nights too much.

3. Ya I got a big mouth...ya I like to run it, when it needs running on someone.

4. And Checkers, what I said wasnt a personal attack...it attacked a select type of player, no one in particular was singled out.

~AoM~

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #247 on: October 29, 2005, 06:32:10 PM »
So you want a different game than the game that is offered? Or this one customized to your preferences?

Customized would be just fine, I’m easy to please, just do things my way! :)

LA's High? You don't care for fighters either? Don't forget the Run 90s.

I don’t think I need to go to the score pages to prove that the LA’s get a lot more use than the 190’s.  This is hardly “190’s High,” although you rarely see a 190 that isn’t high, that isn’t either running or getting gang banged.

I am not sure how you managed to extrapolate from my posts that I do not like fighters.  I have stated over and over that I like furballing.  Since the inferences reached by your deductive reasoning appear to sometimes be deficit, please allow me to be a bit pedantic.

By furballing most of us mean flying fighter against fighter.  I have stated repeatedly that I like furballing.  Therefore, but deductive reasoning, I would extrapolate thusly:

A: Furballing means flying fighters.

B: FokerFoder likes to fly in furballs

Ergo:  FokerFoder must like fighters.

However, you appear to have reasoned thusly:

A: Furballing means flying fighters.

B: FokerFoder likes to fly in furballs

Ergo:  FokerFoder doesn’t care for fighters.

Now, which do you think is the more logical conclusion?  Or do I need to apply the laws of logic more concisely?

You seem like a nice guy :)  If you need help with analytical thought, I would be willing to point you toward some resources.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2005, 07:27:30 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
filth... of course it is easy (the game).  That is why those who have done it for a long time eventually just look for good furballs..

Between AW and AH I've been playing for 8 years

Guess I havent been doing it for a "long time" yet

Curious. Just how long is a "long time"?
Just so I know when I get there

;)

Actually I enjoy all aspects of the game. including occasionally a furball.
I just dont enjoy a steady diet of it for reasons I've mentioned in a previous post.
Buyt thats why I like this game so much. I can play any way I like as the mood hits me. And I dont have to look for a different game when my mood changes as for what I feel like doing.
Its all right here.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 07:30:23 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2005, 12:07:51 AM »
Im only 2 yrs ahead of ya DRED. I started AW in 96.  AW wasn t as wobbly, but atleast you had to gain the enemy's six to get a shot. Each game is challenging in its own way.

~AoM~

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2005, 03:53:51 AM »
Lamb Chops.... Thats all I have to say....... Lamb Chops :p
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2005, 08:15:05 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
beet clamors on about how it is unrealistic to hit something at 800 yards.. it was done tho and by guys a lot more stressed and with about 1,000 less hours practice than we have at doing what we do...  
I didn't say it was impossible to "hit" something at 800 yards; - our own D Bader got a 109 smoking at that range once, much to his own surprise and that of his wingmen. I said that shooting a guy's wing off from 800 yards didn't happen in WW2. Two words - Bullet Dispersion. At 800 yards the rounds would be dispersed over too wide an area to cause enough damage to sheer a wing off. A cannon round might make a mess, but from what I've read, those didn't fly too well, and their trajectory suffered long before 800 yards. Why else do you think Hartmann got so close to the bogey? Oh wait, I was speaking about realism. Please forgive me. Of course, those 800yd shots should be allowed in a gamers' paradise because it's...... "more fun". :huh:confused:

I agree with what others have said about the DA being tailor made for furball use. AKFF has tried to deflect such claims by saying that in the DA you need a clearance to engage another plane, but he's being obtuse. Besides, on one memorable occasion when I shot one of the furballers when he was preoccupied with another bogey, he whined like an old Ford Anglia in reverse gear. The best (indeed the only) answer I've ever had as to why the FBs won't go to the DA is... "we've told you before - it's all in an earlier thread".
:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 08:17:18 AM by beet1e »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2005, 08:50:35 AM »
Thank you shubie for proving my point... We have fought in the arena over the years.   I pick you because I have never (or don't recall) run into these other players "who love the variety and the occassional furball" sooooo... I will use you with your indulgence.

You claim to have "been there and done that" with furballs.   You are exactly the kind of guy who I am talking about.   To me... and I not in the least bit good at this... a sorta... just learning to furball kind of guy...

you are like a baby bird fluttering about in a furball..  even in a spit five against inferior planes you are outturned and out fought and don't seem to be aware of what is around you.   My point remains.. the reason you guys don't like furballs is because you just aren't good at em..

as for sprots comparrissons... better to compare watching a marthon with 40 comercials to shooting skeet than the running of one and sitting in a duck blind..

so what is wrong with a furball island in every map.... a simple look at what is going on in the maps will tell anyone... the furballers must be forced to play with the strat guys or no one will play with them.  If everyone is playing for "strat" then why are none of the fields where only bombers hit being defended?  why are there only two or three spots of action for any one country with 500 players on?  You mouse wielders are fooling yourself.... the vast majority of players on are looking for action.

and beet... beet lecturing me about guns?  this is amusing in the highest degree..  You gonna tell me about dispertion?  as for knocking off a wing... Never happens for me.   dispersion does not mean that rounds go off in wild patterns like a shotgun... it means that they go in the path that the gun is aimed at and if the guns are aimed slightly differently (more or less angle) they will travel in a relatively straight path with some bullet drop.  

If you sit there like a dummy and they shoot enough rounds at you and use their rudder to change their 800 yard point... they will hit you.  

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2005, 08:59:40 AM »
and beet... beet lecturing me about guns? this is amusing in the highest degree..

I dunno...have you actually flown a plane that fires 50 cal or 20mm (or higher) rounds?  Does firing handguns at trash make you better qualified than Beet1e on the balistics of WW2 aircraft weapons?

At least Beet1e flies real planes....
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
OK
« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2005, 09:47:49 AM »
Obviously after 250+ posts there's not going to be a common middle found between the landgrabbers and furballers. So this is a moot point, don't ya think?