Author Topic: Furballers Vs. Toolshedders  (Read 12459 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Furballers Vs. Toolshedders
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2005, 12:22:49 AM »
That pretty much sums it up

Also there is a huge difference between dueling, furballing, and event style play.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 12:25:25 AM by FiLtH »

~AoM~

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2005, 09:05:42 AM »
so .. how do you crew a gv and drive at the same time "running around in circles shooting at stuff"?   Same way you crew a 10 man crew fluff.... by yourself, with lot's of help from concessions that make it unricognizable as the vehicle it no longer simulates... mouse weilder refers to any activity that is just as easily done using nothing but a mouse... you may use a joystick but it is not needed for what you are doing.

but... we seem to have setteled something in any case.... it seems that everyone agrees that it would be fine for everyone if we had a fighter town  area surounded by 50k mountains with uncapturable fields in every map.... an area that would not count toward  "winning the war" and the spoil the mouse weilders chance at that free hawaiian vacation that HT hands out every quarter for country with the most wins.

is that about right?  the strat girls would be fine with that?  the yourop eans?

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2005, 09:48:07 AM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+

I personally want to participate in Fighter to Fighter dogfighting. No GV’s, no airfields to take or defend, no Buffs.  Just a good old fashioned QuakeHigh type of furballing fun.

I don’t care if the cockpits are realistic, I don’t care if the planes are modeled or painted correctly, and I don’t care who wins the war.

Perhaps you should check out Microsofts Combat Flight Simulator. It sound like it meets your criteria. :)

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2005, 09:57:02 AM »
I think I see what your trying to say Laz. That by flying fighters, you are better than the average player.

Let me tell ya. Ive played these flight sims for years. There aint that much to it. 9/10s of it is practice, the other 1/10 is knowing something that most of the arena doesnt, and trying to keep it a secret.

When its all said and done, you are still sitting peacefully in your chair with no physical effects of G forces etc.  You have none of the details of flying the real planes had. You want a flap, you click a button, you dont have to crank anything. Cant see behind you? Adjust the views to go off to the side and go way back. Real fighters didnt have that option.

Weather, navigation, deadly puffy ack, collisions with friendlies, none of these you have to worry about. Please dont make it seem like you and your type deserve some form of respect for playing a video game. Its embarrassing. Its too easy, to expect anything more, than a wtg from time to time.

~AoM~

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2005, 10:02:14 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
I think I see what your trying to say Laz. That by flying fighters, you are better than the average player.

Let me tell ya. Ive played these flight sims for years. There aint that much to it. 9/10s of it is practice, the other 1/10 is knowing something that most of the arena doesnt, and trying to keep it a secret.

When its all said and done, you are still sitting peacefully in your chair with no physical effects of G forces etc.  You have none of the details of flying the real planes had. You want a flap, you click a button, you dont have to crank anything. Cant see behind you? Adjust the views to go off to the side and go way back. Real fighters didnt have that option.

Weather, navigation, deadly puffy ack, collisions with friendlies, none of these you have to worry about. Please dont make it seem like you and your type deserve some form of respect for playing a video game. Its embarrassing. Its too easy, to expect anything more, than a wtg from time to time.

FiLtH < Very same game you play , Huh.....

CHECKERS .........
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2005, 10:18:48 AM »
Yes I play this game.  I get into it too. I swear when I die, and say "Die MF!" when I kill someone.  But I mainly keep it to myself, unless Im drinking and decide to press the T button amongst squaddies.

The difference is, when I turn off the game, I dont put on a Wal-Mart quality leather jacket, with civil air patrol patches, and strut down to the local bar and tell war stories trying to impress the chicks. Im sorry...but thats what I hear, coming from some of these people. They think they really mean something. Face it. If you spend a great deal of time playing a video game, no matter what the game is about...chances are you're a geek. Enjoy it...it means you should be happy you dont care what others feel about you, not gloss over it with pseudo-kill tallies and bravado. Im a geek, but my wife loves me.

~AoM~

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2005, 10:20:56 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
 The difference is, when I turn off the game, I dont put on a Wal-Mart quality leather jacket, with civil air patrol patches, and strut down to the local bar and tell war stories trying to impress the chicks.

Am I the only 1???:(
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2005, 10:53:55 AM »
filth... of course it is easy (the game).  That is why those who have done it for a long time eventually just look for good furballs..

of all the things going on... nothing strains the SA and ability as much... nothing offers as many variables.

the guys that say they have tried the furballs and moved on to strat are really saying... "I tried the furballs but I could never do worth a damn at it so I went to some easier aspect of the game"

They will be back.

lazs

Offline ThunderEGG

• Copper Member
« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2005, 11:17:20 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
filth... of course it is easy (the game).  That is why those who have done it for a long time eventually just look for good furballs..

of all the things going on... nothing strains the SA and ability as much... nothing offers as many variables.

the guys that say they have tried the furballs and moved on to strat are really saying... "I tried the furballs but I could never do worth a damn at it so I went to some easier aspect of the game"

They will be back.

lazs

Bull.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2005, 11:19:03 AM »
Originally posted by ThunderEGG
Bull.

Please expand on this?
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2005, 11:21:24 AM »

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2005, 11:26:31 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

They will be back.

lazs

Been there, done that, come back sometimes.  Lassie, the truth is that furballs don't get me all hot and bothered like they do you.  Yes, challenging.  Yes, fun.  Yes, exciting.  But only for a little while.  Then I want to do something that challenges my other abilities and senses.  Something beyond Airquake (tm).

Since you and yours are stuck somewhere in a mindset that doesn't want to even acknowledge that there might be another valid viewpoint, you don't get it.  And never will, I guess.

Sad for you.  It makes you unhappy and bitter.  And whiney--don't forget whiney!  I bet it makes you even MORE bitter to know that we others actually are having a good time, and that makes you even whinier (is that a word?).

Looking around, seeing other players enjoying themselves while you hunker in your self-pitying little bunker can't be much fun.  Why do you keep doing it?

(edit for typo)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 11:31:42 AM by rshubert »

Offline ThunderEGG

• Copper Member
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2005, 11:33:15 AM »
My personal style of play includes the occasional furball, but is not limited to furballs exclusively in the MA.  I ultimately prefer to help accomplish the goal of taking your base, which requires the brain to think of a strategy in accomplishing that goal.  Granted I have only played for over a year,  but my style of play has been consistent in that regard since I started, and that will never change.

Offline july865

• Zinc Member
      • http://chawks.com
« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2005, 11:34:50 AM »
......i do not want to start an issue with these simple questions............
...... what is a "furballer"???
......what is a "toolsheder"???
......what is "furball island"???
..... where can i find those rules that others are reffering too???
i appologize for my "beginner status".......

Offline ThunderEGG

• Copper Member
« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2005, 11:44:13 AM »
Originally posted by july865
......i do not want to start an issue with these simple questions............
...... what is a "furballer"???
......what is a "toolsheder"???
......what is "furball island"???
..... where can i find those rules that others are reffering too???
i appologize for my "beginner status".......

No apologies needed.   to you for joining in the game.

These terms (furballer/ toolshedder/ furball island/ etc..etc...refer to the subliminal messages hidden in the song, "This Is the Song That Never Ends."  (Yes, I have three children.)
:D