Author Topic: Abortion and the Death Penalty  (Read 2996 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Abortion and the Death Penalty
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 09:32:17 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Absolutely not.

I don't think it's any of the government's business what a woman chooses to do with her body.

It is possible to be anti-abortion and pro-choice. One has to realize that it is a personal decision not a public one.

pro choice means that you want abortion to be legal. Anti abortion means that you are against it and do not want it practiced.

I don't see how one could be anti abortion, yet support abortion being legal.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 09:36:45 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that litttle tiney detail that a deathrow inmate is usually a convicted murderer while an unborn baby's only crime is having fluffied up parents<----not his fault either.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 09:44:14 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
It's public when taxpayers are forced to pay for it because it's her "Constitutional right"

and what about the father's rights, isn't the fetus half his.....mad from half his genetic material?  sorry I'm not buying it that it's a woman's right to kill a baby born or un-born unless her life is at stake.

Do the taxpayers pay for all abortions?

As for the father's rights, he doesn't have any. It's yet another good reason to find a good woman.

One more time... I support your right to do whatever the hell you want with your own womb. :aok
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 09:46:28 PM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 09:45:22 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE

I don't see how one could be anti abortion, yet support abortion being legal.

It's easy when you don't believe that it's the government's place to make such decisions.
sand

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
Do the taxpayers pay for all abortions?

As for the father's rights, he doesn't have any. It's yet another good reason to find a good woman.

no taxpayers don't have to pay for all of them but IMHO we should have to pay for NONE of them.  The supreme court recently disagreed with my opinion.  FOr whatever reason jail time shouldn't interfere with a woman's right to choose.

But why shouldn't the father have rights.....it's half his.  The only thing the woman is doing is feeding it.  If this is an issue of choice I think if a woman is pregnant she allready made her choice......so did the guy for that matter.  If a woman has the right to choose why does the man not have the same equal right?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 09:49:08 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
If a woman has the right to choose why does the man not have the same equal right?

He's not the host.
sand

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 09:51:55 PM »
He's not the host.

so when I kick my wife out of my house, I am the "host" and she isn't entitled to anything because I am in possesion of it?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 09:51:58 PM »
It's easy when you don't believe that it's the government's place to make such decisions.

Well, the government (society) does make those decisions. Like prostitution, drug use and any number of things people are not allowed to do with their own bodies.

Sandy, what would you feel about abortion if it was conclusively proven that a human life could be defined at, say 10 weeks ?

And in the case of a pregnancy, there are two bodies, the woman's and the baby's.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2005, 09:54:09 PM »
Well, the government (society) does make those decisions. Like prostitution, drug use and any number of things people are not allowed to do with their own bodies.

Sandy, what would you feel about abortion if it was conclusively proven that a human life could be defined at, say 10 weeks ?

And in the case of a pregnancy, there are two bodies, the woman's and the baby's.

It would be tantamount to saying a woman has the right to kill her kids (at any age) if she has sole custody over them.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 09:55:23 PM »
Originally posted by Golfer
She still laid out the mat and said "Come In"

OK Golfer.

I deleted my last response to one of your posts on the basis of Bad Karma, but that stuff don't flush.

You were thinking logically the first time you did the nasty?

If so, you are a saint.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2005, 09:56:28 PM »
Originally posted by Scherf
OK Golfer.

I deleted my last response to one of your posts on the basis of Bad Karma, but that stuff don't flush.

You were thinking logically the first time you did the nasty?

If so, you are a saint.

So a kid at 16 can commit murder because he's not responsible for his own actions?

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2005, 09:58:05 PM »
my opinion on death penalty if they kill a A380 load of people let the killer die!!:furious

my opinion on abortion is what guy wants to pay child support:rofl

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2005, 10:00:58 PM »
this is where the dizzy liberals all fall down from the lefty circle talk

the facts are abortion is used as birth control for the lazy, stupid and the "oops" group (save the rape and incest numbers to justify allowing it to yourself) and is legal murder of an innocent life - for now
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2005, 10:01:53 PM »

I believe life begins at conception and I support a woman's right to choose.
sand

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2005, 10:02:49 PM »
It's always amazing to me how the law defines a life in the case of abortion, as opposed to the killing a woman's fetus.

In one instance the law does not recognise the fetus as a life worth protecting, in the other instance, a person who kills a womans fetus can be charged with murder.

I can't think of anything more assinine.